Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2571216)   #1
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bannin on 10 tenths

It appears that the mods in their infinate wisdom have banned a few people with unreasonable cause and no right of reply form the banne dparty a sthey cannot access teh site and respond to the mods
There is never a discussion and it appears it is 1 Mods decison not a committee discussion and then hide behind this statement below
Here is the standard explanation issued

Why has (insert name here) been banned?
Sorry, we don't discuss the details of individual bans. If a user has been banned, then it's because of a rule breach. For confidentiality reasons, we don't discuss the reason for the ban with anyone except the person who's been banned. We will always do our best to resolve an issue before it gets to the stage of banning someone - but sometimes, Tenths is simply not a good fit for a person and we have to allow for that.

If you have a genuine concern about a ban, you can contact a staff member if you feel it's appropriate. But they will not be able to give you any further information. Please don't start threads about "why was someone banned" as we are not in a position to give you a response.

arguments against 10 tenths stance
1 Confidentiality- it takes 30 seconds for people to know off line what has gone on so thats a lame excuse
2 Rule breach- often a way of censoring peoples thoughts
3 How can abanned party discuss with mods if they have no access to the site to debate the matter
4 Please don't start threads about "why was someone banned" as we are not in a position to give you a response.This means we can now hide behind this statement and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Its a sad indicment of modern life in this country where we have Freedom of speach and are a liberated nation that a website forum acts in a manner akin to a former eastern bloc nation

Its time the Mods changed their attitude to banning and a proper course of action before banning occurs after all we have a right of appeal in the Courts RACMSA but not here
It seems that you can be banned when you pass a comment or posts something 1 of them takes exception to

C`mon guys time to be adult about it and not behave like a spoilt school child and sort this nonsense out with proper time paln to discuss a ban say between 5 mods and the guilty party then reach a decision and not just wave the hand ( or a stroke of the keyboard) and ban some one just like that
Old 28 Oct 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2571233)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are a guest on this site. therefore, you play by the owners rules. The owner says bye, you go
There is no free speech, as this website is not a country.

HTH
Old 28 Oct 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2571245)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
This always fascinates me. The lack of understanding of how the internet works is amazing.

Just to address one point in the post - the site is always contactable for anyone, whether they have access or not. It's called "email". It's a new fangled invention to be sure, but strangely it seems to be catching on.

driftwood - despite what you appear to think, this is a privately owned and run website. As with any privately owned organisation, we reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone for whatever reason we choose. We don't require your approval or your permission to do so. You don't actually have any rights. I believe you will find in the FAQ - in the Freedom of Speech section - it states quite clearly "This forum is not provided as right, but as a privilege"

The only person behaving like a schoolchild is you. You put in your list of demands with a child's sure confidence that they are absolutely right and everyone must bend to your will.

You're wrong.

I would suggest that you go back to the person that is instigating these posts and tell them that they need to get into their head that they are not welcome on this site. If that doesn't suit, then please feel free to go to a site that is more suited to your requirements and where freedom reigns supreme to anyone who wants to spout off any old tat and profanity. This is not that site.

Please do not start any more of these threads. This statement applies to anyone else who wants to get involved with this little tantrum. I am now publicly warning you that if you do, you will also be banned and there will be no discussion and no appeal. I can do that because I am one of the owners of this site and I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into a public debate with anyone who complains about our rules, but doesn't actually bother to follow them. I am also not interested in speaking to the sock puppets of a banned user.

If this person is genuinely interested in you rather than using you for his own entertainment, then he won't ask you to get banned from the site to support him.

I trust this makes the situation clear.