Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 10 Nov 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2579258)   #1
Livery
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver Canada
Livery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 - Fantasy Liveries

I found an old thread from 2008...thought I would do a couple for the coming season..props to AndyB for ideas from his spotters guide.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11 Nov 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2579871)   #2
Livery
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver Canada
Livery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple more with a retro Gurney livery and the rumoured sponsors.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2580267)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I quite like the first and second one. The 3rd just looks like Williams have picked up YouTube sponsorship

I think I like the 2nd best. I might have to do some of these!

Selby
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2580268)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Any chance of posting a blank?

Selby
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2580281)   #5
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the Pepsi livery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Any chance of posting a blank?
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....19&postcount=3

And for some inspiration: Andy Blackmore's Spotters Guide | 2009 FF1 Liveries | 2008 FF1 Liveries

As usual I'll submit one, but after my dreadful performance in this year's Fantasy F1 Championship my sponsors have all abandoned me.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2580285)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
There a 2009 spec one, Burnsie?

Selby
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2580286)   #7
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't remember there being one last year Dan. Perhaps if you PM Andy Blackmore (andy_b) he might be able to post one?
Old 12 Nov 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2580670)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There a 2009 spec one, Burnsie?

Selby
andy_b posted this ealier this season. The original thread has gone but I found his original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Had a few email requests about a new template. Apologies for taking so long to get this out, been very busy night and day with work and a new family

You should be able to tell this is the Brawn GP car. Please keep the Ten-Tenths and Andy Blackmore Design logo in place. Everything else is up to you.

Have fun!

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4038/tentenths09f1.jpg

(forum resizes it, but its 900 pixels long)
Old 12 Nov 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2580758)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Oh well that's great. It seems asthough my filter system at my work (in a school) seems to want to send me right to the edge today... About 70% of what i've clicked on has been blocked, and frankly, I want to launch this computer out of the window. Unbelievable.

Can't even open the 09 version

Selby
Old 12 Nov 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2580759)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Could someone re-up it not with imageshack..?

Selby

*AHA!!! - I've screwed the system. I used the internet on my phone, saved the image, and now transferring onto my computer... hahaaa! Sorry, this is a little victory in itself...*

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 12 Nov 2009 at 13:24.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2580792)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try contacting any_b and see if he can e-mail it to you.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2584599)   #12
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Vettel in a Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any chance anyone can give me any tips on how to make one of these?

I have the template but I'm a bit unsure how to get the sponsors and colour on without going over the lighting and shadow
Old 18 Nov 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2584616)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettel in a Williams View Post
Any chance anyone can give me any tips on how to make one of these?

I have the template but I'm a bit unsure how to get the sponsors and colour on without going over the lighting and shadow
Do you have Photoshop?
Old 18 Nov 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2584652)   #14
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Yeah, I have CS4

EDIT: I'm very new to Photoshop though, (i.e. I'm not that great at using it)

I can only really make basic banners and avatars

Last edited by Vettel in a Williams; 18 Nov 2009 at 23:45.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2584662)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I got CS3 but I don't think there will be too much difference. To color the car template, it's easiest to use the paint bucket, which is in the tools palate on the left, which you need to click on to to use. At the top of the screen, below the menu bar you should see the paint bucket icon and next to that the foregound selection and next to that the mode selection. Change the mode selection to multiply by clicking on the down button. Now you can use the paint bucket on the template and the shadowing will come through.

I don't know how much you've used Photoshop so I don't mean to be condescending.

As for sponsors can I'd like to do that next time. Anyway it's a while till the 2010 season.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2584672)   #16
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I got CS3 but I don't think there will be too much difference. To color the car template, it's easiest to use the paint bucket, which is in the tools palate on the left, which you need to click on to to use. At the top of the screen, below the menu bar you should see the paint bucket icon and next to that the foregound selection and next to that the mode selection. Change the mode selection to multiply by clicking on the down button. Now you can use the paint bucket on the template and the shadowing will come through.

I don't know how much you've used Photoshop so I don't mean to be condescending.

As for sponsors can I'd like to do that next time. Anyway it's a while till the 2010 season.
Thanks for the hepl mand.

You didn't sound condescending at all. I pretty much needed it in laymans terms

Not sure what you meant in the text i've bolded though.

Old 19 Nov 2009, 00:08 (Ref:2584674)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Well that's good. I'll post something in the next day or so about how to do sponsor's logos but someone here may beat me to it. Have fun with the paint bucket and remember you need to have it on multiply.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2584678)   #18
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Thanks again man
Old 21 Nov 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2586710)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettel in a Williams View Post
Thanks again man
Doing sponsors logos is a little trickier but the easiest way is to do this.

Open the car template and the logo in Photoshop. Select the logo with the move tool, the arrow at the top of Tools pallate. Drag the logo onto the car template. If you click on Layers, which is on the pallate on the right of the screen, a box pops out showing the Background, the template and above that Layer 1, the logo, which should be highlighted. Above that is a drop down menu displaying the word Normal. Click on the down arrow and select multiply. The shadowing on the template will now appear through the logo.

You will now need to resize the logo as it is too big. Go to the menu bar, select Windows and then select options. Below the Menu bar another bar will appear with a couple of tick boxes, Auto-Select and Show Transform Controls; tick both. The logo will now have a resize box outlining it and you can now move the logo around and resize it to fit on the template. You can also rotate it as well.

To put a number on the car, click T in the Tools pallate put the cursor on the template and type the number. It will also appear in the Layers box above Layer 1 as T Layer 2. On the bar below the Menu bar, drop down menus will appear which will allow you to change the font, its size and color of the number. You can also use the resize box.

After you've done all your logos and you are happy with the car, go to the Menu bar and click Layer and scroll down till you get to Flatten Image, click on this and then save the template as a .jpg.

I hope that helps.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2586715)   #20
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Thanks man, ill play about with that tonight
Old 22 Nov 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2586720)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
You're welcome. I hope I got most of that right. It's good fun and if you play any rFactor based games it's the same principle for doing car skins.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2586759)   #22
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Doing sponsors logos is a little trickier but the easiest way is to do this.

Open the car template and the logo in Photoshop. Select the logo with the move tool, the arrow at the top of Tools pallate. Drag the logo onto the car template. If you click on Layers, which is on the pallate on the right of the screen, a box pops out showing the Background, the template and above that Layer 1, the logo, which should be highlighted. Above that is a drop down menu displaying the word Normal. Click on the down arrow and select multiply. The shadowing on the template will now appear through the logo.

You will now need to resize the logo as it is too big. Go to the menu bar, select Windows and then select options. Below the Menu bar another bar will appear with a couple of tick boxes, Auto-Select and Show Transform Controls; tick both. The logo will now have a resize box outlining it and you can now move the logo around and resize it to fit on the template. You can also rotate it as well.

To put a number on the car, click T in the Tools pallate put the cursor on the template and type the number. It will also appear in the Layers box above Layer 1 as T Layer 2. On the bar below the Menu bar, drop down menus will appear which will allow you to change the font, its size and color of the number. You can also use the resize box.

After you've done all your logos and you are happy with the car, go to the Menu bar and click Layer and scroll down till you get to Flatten Image, click on this and then save the template as a .jpg.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for all the help.

This is what I've managed to come up with......

I remembered to use the multiply option when doing my logos, but then forgot about it when filling in the paint job. I was too far gone to go back and start again, but I'm happy with my first effort.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 02:27 (Ref:2586763)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I like the can of Irn-Bru on the side-pod, nice touch. Only one problem, Goodyear logo and Bridgestone tyres?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 03:07 (Ref:2586771)   #24
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
If you need a hand with anything in particular mate, don't hesitate to give me a shout either on here or PM if I forget about this particular thread I'm no Photoshop genius but i've been taught by someone who I feel is a Photoshop genius!

Selby
Old 22 Nov 2009, 03:15 (Ref:2586772)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
If you need a hand with anything in particular mate, don't hesitate to give me a shout either on here or PM if I forget about this particular thread I'm no Photoshop genius but i've been taught by someone who I feel is a Photoshop genius!

Selby
I said there were other people here who could help.

Are you going to do a car for 2010 Selby?