Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jul 2001, 04:26 (Ref:117539)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Where can Mika go?

After his effortless win, driving with the speed and panache that is true Mika, where else can he go? There have been suggestions that he is trying to get Ron Dennis to agree to a two year contract with more pay. If that falls through, or is unacceptable to Mika, where else can he go? Ferrari and Williams are out as their drivers are already confirmed, and there is nobody else at the top except maybe Jordan or Sauber. But surely, that would be going backwards for the great man!! And Sauber would need the factory engine to attract Mika, wouldn't they? I really cannot see Mika wanting to go to BAR. I know he asked for a cowboy outfit for his sixth birthday, but the BAR Zero Ranch is hardly a birthday present.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 04:39 (Ref:117540)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Valve.. I don't think that this be be an issue..Mika and Ron will work out a good solution for both of them..And Mika will not go to another team, what would be the point really?? Although I would love to see what Mika would do in a 2002 Ferrari..What a turn up for the books that would be..... what a kick arse driver line up!
Old 16 Jul 2001, 08:45 (Ref:117623)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually Valve, I believe Mika is only after a one-year deal, because if he really gets sick of F1, he wants to retire without having to get out of a long-term deal. He just wants to go year-to-year from now on until he decides to retire. I believe it's McLaren who want a long-term deal.

McLaren do have an option on his services, and the team and Mika are currently in negotiations, and the signs are good as RD has said he wants to keep the same team for next year.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 09:35 (Ref:117640)   #4
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika either work with Ron or retires. All he knows about racing and winning is thanks to Mac, and if Mika feel disappointed in Ron, he'll retire. But his win at Silverstone has prooved that he still excellent driver and he's able to win behind the Mac's whells.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 17:49 (Ref:117843)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was pondering this same question, Bouncey. He has stated that he wants the two year deal, but he really is not arguing from a position of strength. There are NO top drives left for next season, and Ron knows it too. Mika will sign for one year or retire.

A final possibility, though extremely remote might be Jaguar, if I were PDLR, I might be a little worried abiut my seat next season.
Mika looks good in green as we all saw back in the Lotus days.