Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Feb 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2638602)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indy 500: Evolution

There was a faily positive review in last weeks papers of this new xbox360 title. Is it out yet, has anyone seen it or played it, is it any good?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2638679)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I nearly ordered on Saturday. It looks average, but i like the ideas in it.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2638957)   #3
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like it could be very limited:

"You are the engineer of your racing destiny during the birth of modern racing. Reign supreme by pushing the boundaries of safety, reflexes and strategy in your experimental vehicle as you race against the biggest names in racing, and up to 32 of your friends, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Milwaukee Mile, Trenton, Riverside, Hanford and Langhorne Speedway."

In fact, on further inspection DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erroS06vD_Q

How annoying is the "announcer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA85L6hVNYw

This one aint for me!

Last edited by ROB IS THE STIG; 23 Feb 2010 at 11:57.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2638984)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you judging a game purely on a youtube video?

Nobody expects it to be fabulous I don't think. It is, after all, released at £24.99.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2639006)   #5
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Are you judging a game purely on a youtube video?

Nobody expects it to be fabulous I don't think. It is, after all, released at £24.99.
Thats fair enuf, but its all i can go on. It just looks really poor in my opinion.

I suppose give a few weeks after release and pay £15 for it, it may be ok.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2639266)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has some great ideas in it, and 32 players online! wow!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2639324)   #7
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it be released for any other consoles do we know?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 23 Feb 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2639346)   #8
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DO NOT GET THIS GAME!!! I am a big fan of indy in that time period before it was taken over by Tony George and his "visions". So I was bitterly disappointed when I found out how awful this game is. The commentator is annoying, collision detection is crap, AI is good but you will inevitably get caught up in one of their random accidents before you get to experience that, and the sound cuts out all the time so you have to restart the console. I will give them an A for the concept but an F for execution.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 23:28 (Ref:2639400)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Has some great ideas in it, and 32 players online! wow!
The question is, do 32 people even have it?
Old 24 Feb 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2639836)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true that.. haha
Old 24 Feb 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2640040)   #11
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks for the youtube links

Trenton, an oval with a right kink - so indirectly the game has taught me something.

Is the game playable? I could live with a few faults, for the chance to drive around circuits from the past, I`ve only read about.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 06:54 (Ref:2640155)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
thanks for the youtube links

Trenton, an oval with a right kink - so indirectly the game has taught me something.

Is the game playable? I could live with a few faults, for the chance to drive around circuits from the past, I`ve only read about.
Awesome classic track, one of the best in the country when it was still around.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2640318)   #13
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Awesome classic track, one of the best in the country when it was still around.
Ashamed to say I had not heard of it before, but will now search the web, for any pictures/film clips.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2642983)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Trenton circa 1979
Old 1 Mar 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2643006)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
AWSOME
Old 2 Mar 2010, 06:50 (Ref:2643156)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
There's a fictional updated "2006" version made for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2658986)   #17
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Has anybody seen this in the UK?? It got a review in the papers, was due for release in Feb, but now seems to have disappeared from pre-order on a certain game/dvd web site. I was really interested in the collection of historic tracks in this game.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2659148)   #18
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Try this mate:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VID...Evolution.html
Old 24 Mar 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2659247)   #19
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
thanks - see its now an April release date - so that explains why I couldnt find it!
Old 8 Apr 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2669175)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland

This shows the game off quite well I thought, looks alot more solid than my first impressions! And by the looks of things runs on pretty much the same engine as the Indycar Series games on the PS2 (Brain in a Jar developed them aswell as Indy 500 Evo). And it seems to have all of the seasons from the early 60's to the early 70's. Looks like a lot of fun just to mess around with in single player with the MS wheel..
Old 28 Apr 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2680855)   #21
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Now showing a release date of June 26th.

Last edited by Stephen H; 28 Apr 2010 at 00:31.
Old 5 May 2010, 06:11 (Ref:2684623)   #22
Pyro6000
Rookie

Pyro6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post

This shows the game off quite well I thought, looks alot more solid than my first impressions! And by the looks of things runs on pretty much the same engine as the Indycar Series games on the PS2 (Brain in a Jar developed them aswell as Indy 500 Evo). And it seems to have all of the seasons from the early 60's to the early 70's. Looks like a lot of fun just to mess around with in single player with the MS wheel..
Hello, I am the uploader of that video you linked.

I also have another one that you may enjoy, which shows off one of the many scenarios they make you play out in the "Yearbook Missions". It can be found here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRhde5NCfM

Here is a mini-review I wrote for another forum that I will copy/paste, as you may find it helpful.

"Indy 500 Evo is simply the most brilliant budget-game I've ever played. While not 100% accurate to life, the damage system is VERY realistic. If you hit a wall lightly, you will see a wheel wobbling until it's repaired in the pits. If you hit the wall harder, the tire will fall off. Sometimes that will still allow you to return to the pits limping, sometimes it will simply end your race. The only flaw with the damage, and it was done to keep the game reasonable with wall hits, is that it causes power loss and engine sputtering, etc. Hitting the wall and other cars is definitely to be avoided, and they make that very well know with the damage system.
The steering with the controller is not aided. Meaning... When the stick is pushed tall the way to the right, the tires are locked to the right. You need to be very accurate with the steering inputs to be fast, otherwise you're just sliding the front end and not turning very much. The AI is somewhat similar to WoO (World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars X360 and PSN soon) in that they are easier on some tracks/years than others. Some of the later model cars don't handle as well as some of the earlier model cars. If you're trying to outclass the field by running the latest and greatest cars you can buy, you need to practice with them to make sure they really are faster.

As for flaws... You cannot spin the tires coming off of a corner, no matter the corner. Throttle modulation is for corner entry and center only.
There is no setting up your car or adjusting anything. Obviously it's not needed, but many want it anyways.

That's all I can think of for right now."

I read that someone complained about the sound cutting out... I personally have not experienced that issue. If you damage the car, sometimes the engine will cut out, but it's always fixed if you repair it in the pits or finish the race and start another.
I have not personally tried the MS racing wheel with the game, but I've heard that it works very well.

If you have any questions, I have subscribed to this thread, and will answer anything I can.
Old 7 May 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2686305)   #23
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
The thing that makes me want this is the Indycar Series game engine, some of the most fun I ever had on the PS2! This game would be a light relief from Race Pro and Forza (to a certain extent..).

Very interesting to hear about a WoO game. Is that Xbox Live Arcade? Any more information on that?

Thanks for posting here Welcome to Ten-Tenths.
Old 8 May 2010, 03:35 (Ref:2686363)   #24
Pyro6000
Rookie

Pyro6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wrote a mini-review on WoO as well, but I don't know if it belongs in it's own thread or not. I didn't make any videos because the ones already on YouTube are of decent quality, albeit poor driving.

The biggest problem for you is that I don't think the game is going to get released in Europe, or even Australia, despite being made in AU by BigAnt.

If you're still interested, I'll post my mini-review.
Old 11 May 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2688922)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

By all means post it in this thread. Welcome.