Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2675544)   #1
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Cheese Tyre pitstops..the new Fuel pitstops?.

Just when you thought it was safe to watch a race where everyone is supposed to go to the end of the race without stopping for fuel and passing in the pits,now the cars are in every few laps for a quick pass and new tyres.
Whats up with the dodgy intermediate rain tyres that only go a short distance before the tread falls off?.I'm sure my local tyre shop could supply some more durable tyres.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2675546)   #2
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Just when you thought it was safe to watch a race where everyone is supposed to go to the end of the race without stopping for fuel and passing in the pits,now the cars are in every few laps for a quick pass and new tyres.
Whats up with the dodgy intermediate rain tyres that only go a short distance before the tread falls off?.I'm sure my local tyre shop could supply some more durable tyres.
I liked the fact that there is not a huge overlap between slicks weather and inters weather, put's a premium on getting that call right and as long as there is water around the inters last ok, they just have a performance crash if the track is barely damp and why not by then they should be back on slicks. The deterioration of tyres creates performance differences which bring the cars together on the track encouraging battles to develop.

I don't see how fuel stops and tyre stops can be compared, the timing of tyre stops is decided on the fly as conditions change, the tyres wear, cars move in and out of traffic etc. this adds a great deal of interest and uncertainty to the racing and brings the intelligent drivers to the fore. Contrast that to fuel stops: timing of each fuel stop is decided at the previous stop and everyone knows pretty much when it will be, the drivers use the pitstops to pass so that overtaking on track is discouraged.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 06:58 (Ref:2675561)   #3
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With changing weather tyres are an issue. That's not necessarily a bad thing but the new, softer intermediates from Bridgestone didn't improve the situation, I agree.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2675869)   #4
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame they can't provide a soft compound that falls apart as effectively as their inters.