Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2694586)   #1
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching at Home :-(

Alas I can't go this year. So, making the (very) best of it, I assume I can watch on Eurosport. Will it be 24 hours live coverage again?

I can listen to Radio Le Mans on my internet radio.

Is there any free access to live timing screens ? I understand you can buy access to their timing from the ACO but is it available elsewhere ?

Is there anything else data related I haven't thought about ?

Thanks

(you lucky, lucky, *******s !)
Old 20 May 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2694601)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As you get closer someone will pass links to live screens, I did not get to spa this year but ended up for most of the race watching my computer screen from a continental broadcast with sound down and RLM paying plus e mails from freinds at the track using blackberries.
Old 20 May 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2694910)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I know the whole race is on eurosport, I have already booked the tele for the weekend (still working on get permission to watch qualifying)
Old 20 May 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2694913)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It's going to be like in the previous two years, split in a pretty messy way over Eurosport and Eurosport 2, but at any point of the 24 hours you'll be able to watch it on at least one of the channels.
Old 21 May 2010, 05:11 (Ref:2695178)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
As far as I know the whole race is on eurosport, I have already booked the tele for the weekend (still working on get permission to watch qualifying)

'Get permission....'?

'GET PERMISSION.....!'

You're a man Rob, not a mouse - the TV is yours - all week!!
Old 21 May 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2695299)   #6
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Relieved to see Eurosport are providing blanket (albeit split over 2 channels) of the race again.

Fortunately, gaining permission to watch qualifying shouldn't be necessary as senior management isn't too bothered what's on TV so long as the dogs are fed and walked, the grass is cut and I'm (relatively) sober !

Of course, none of the above applies for the race !
Old 21 May 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2695313)   #7
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groupc View Post
senior management isn't too bothered what's on TV so long as the dogs are fed and walked, the grass is cut and I'm (relatively) sober !
Much the same here. I generally get as many chores done, to keep "she who must be obeyed", happy. My son and I have the TV booked in advance, RLM and live stream set up, hopefully with some live timing. ONEHD here in Australia will be doing the Eurosport feed, but unfortunately insist on having their local motorsport "experts" waffling on with their so-called knowledge in and out of commercial breaks, so we go with the live stream for the whole 24 hours (with RLM) as the preferred option.
Old 21 May 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2695319)   #8
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't have Eurosport, but I am making plans to watch it on the Eurosport Player. Hunched, in front of my laptop... not quite the same as being there, but hey ho.

Expect to receive a ticking off from my ISP for watching a 24 hour feed!
Old 25 May 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2697555)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport team..

"MartinHaven, Mark Cole, Carlton Kirby, Jeremy Shaw, Liz Halliday, Neville Hay"

Guess which one of the above will ruin the show.
Old 25 May 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2697562)   #10
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd live with Carlton Kirby over Australia's wet blanket commentators...not sure how many hours coverage we will get over here but we'll get some which is liveable.
Old 25 May 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2697647)   #11
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Eurosport team..

"MartinHaven, Mark Cole, Carlton Kirby, Jeremy Shaw, Liz Halliday, Neville Hay"

Guess which one of the above will ruin the show.
Stuart Hall will be there too.
Old 25 May 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2697745)   #12
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Stuart Hall will be there too.
And Johnny Mowlem.

Hopefully Haven's presence manages to temper Kirby, I've watched a recording of the '07 race and he was almost bearable.
Old 25 May 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2697950)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will have pictures via Eurosport and the commentry from best commentry in the business (In My View) Radio Le Mans.....
Old 26 May 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2698550)   #14
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone in the states know yet the schedule on Speed channel?
Old 26 May 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2698555)   #15
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind ... let me answer my own question. Current schedule on speedtv.com shows 4 hours at the start (better than the usual 2 hours I guess) then a 6 hour break, then the rest of the race.
Old 26 May 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2698566)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what's the six hour break for? Truck series q-ing and Cup practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
'Get permission....'?

'GET PERMISSION.....!'

You're a man Rob, not a mouse - the TV is yours - all week!!
good stuff!

i've had to run things up "corporate" around my house before, but "corporate" knows what Sunday means in my house (or Saturday).
Old 26 May 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2698596)   #17
neilwilson
Rookie

neilwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of watching from home, I was wondering if there are any web cams that show the build up during the week or so before, paddock, garages, team trucks arriving etc ?

Cheers.

Neil
Old 27 May 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2698945)   #18
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Speed is showing it on speedtv.com while they show Nascar on the TV.
Old 27 May 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2698955)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also, isn't the Canadian GP qualifying on Speed on Sat afternoon as well?
Old 27 May 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2698962)   #20
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And just like a good pit strategist, I've been back counting the weekends to make sure LM came up on my weekend, and because I switched off to watch Sebring it works out perfect.
Old 27 May 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2699294)   #21
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know the nature and extent of Eurosport's HD coverage?

I'm hoping that, like Spa, the whole race will be covered in HD so that when the race is on the HD channel we'll get full HD quality pictures.

M.
Old 27 May 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2699483)   #22
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosgt View Post
Anyone know the nature and extent of Eurosport's HD coverage?

I'm hoping that, like Spa, the whole race will be covered in HD so that when the race is on the HD channel we'll get full HD quality pictures.

M.
Would be fantastic, but my guess would be that it would be another stop gap channel.
Old 27 May 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2699485)   #23
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
They'll probably broadcast on Eurosport HD while, on the regular channels, the race would be on the main channel and not on 2.
Old 27 May 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2699490)   #24
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats what I mean allthe time it's on Eurosport 1 it will almost be definately on HD but when it switces to Esp 2 it probably won't be available in HD. That was the way at Paul Ricard, can't really comment on Spa because of the delays so i didn't see much of the race.
Old 28 May 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2699645)   #25
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Bad coincidence that it's again on the same weekend than F1 GP. Not only tv coverage wise (doesn't affect Eurosport though) but media attention generally...

What will affect Eurosport though is World Cup. Too bad Eurosport website's tv guide doesn't show week 23 yet.

Since not even Eurosport 1 is free to view here my plan is the Eurosport player. Anyone used it this year, has it changed (technically) from last year?

http://videos.eurosport.com/eurospor...r/teaser.shtml

"Follow the live and extensive coverage of the 24 hours of Le Mans Live on Eurosport Player. The race will be available in commentary-free VOD after the end of the race."

Non-interrupted only Le Mans stream would be nice. Last year it was a bit annoying to swap between the channels.