Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jun 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2717990)   #1
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC SuperPrix - 3rd/4th July

Entry list is now out for this great meeting on the Grand Prix circuit at Brands, 43 entries for my race - the Historic Roadsports, and there are 9 reserves for an oversubscribed Guards Trophy race.

But am I alone in thinking that the HSCC should really change its name to the HSSC - Historic Single Seater Club? Of the 14 races over the weekend, we have one race for Touring Cars, two races for Roadsports (Historic and 70s) and the Guards with a mixture of sports cars and sports racers. The remaining races are for single seaters of varying formulae.

The change has been gradual over the years, but has the CSCC now taken over the mantle of the club for racing sports cars?

Anyway, I think it's better than watching the parade up Lord March's front garden.
Old 25 Jun 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2717995)   #2
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Brian, make that 42 for Roadsports as it seems that the guys rebuilding my TR5 have let me down again ... considering i'd entered for the opening round at Silverstone with that car having been told it should be ready (for late March), i'm a little peeved (actually rather more than a little peeved) that it's still not out and next weekend will be July ...

Still as you know i joined the single-seater brigade last year, and will be out with the Junior in Lurani Trophy, assuming Delta can screw it all back together in time ... Iain, i don't want to hear you've been watching the football/GP/Tennis until my car's running - only joking! I'll be heading over to Brands on Thursday evening for testing Friday, and hoping to get two decent nights' sleep on my own in the bus, having a 1 month old and a 3 year old at home has rather interrupted the sleep pattern! They're all coming over on Saturday, so if i'm significantly slower on Sunday, well you all know what's happened ... be warned - don't park near my bus!

Incidentally another convert from HRS is going to be making his debut in FJ, 10/10ths very own One-Two out in his Lotus 18. Maybe you should take yours back out of the Classified section...?!

James
Old 26 Jun 2010, 03:45 (Ref:2718051)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd & 4th of July? Rather nice little circuit over in the Ardennes has my attention.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2718106)   #4
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
3rd & 4th of July? Rather nice little circuit over in the Ardennes has my attention.
Yes - it was rather a difficult decision. Next year I'll aim to get back to Spa, but my continental trips this year have been limited to the visit to Zandvoort in May.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2718135)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At 'normal' HSCC meetings they alternate between single seaters and saloon/GTs during the day but most guest/occasional races at larger events seem to be single seaters, namely F2, F. Junior, DBT, FIA F1, HGPCA.

Really looking forward to next weekend but then I'm doing the FoS on Friday and Sunday and the SuperPrix on Saturday
Old 27 Jun 2010, 06:21 (Ref:2718392)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll give you all some thought whilst you wait to get onto the UKs best circuit,probably when I'm waiting for the red's to go off!
Old 27 Jun 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2718406)   #7
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Hello Brian, make that 42 for Roadsports James
I would love to say that I could take your place with the 'B in HRS (no 65 as an invitation for FIA cars) for my 5th ever race -but wifey is having a girls' weekend away and has abandoned me with my three children. Much as my 10 year old lad would probably love to come to Brands I think the two girls (9 and 6) would only be excited if there was a competition for the most pink and sparkly cars. In case you did not know there are only two colours in the spectrum - pink and sparkly...

Any takers for a pink and sparkly contest...?
Old 27 Jun 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2718408)   #8
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pink and sparkly - is that not Gordons kinda thing?
Old 27 Jun 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2718754)   #9
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Drink

Depends on the time of day and the day of the week...rumour has it he is called "Mandy" at weekends...
Old 27 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2718785)   #10
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands

James, keep it quiet please - I will be way off the pace. Really looking forward to the weekend, though, Brands GP is one of the highlights of my season. Best, Robert
Old 27 Jun 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2718847)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Elva all finnished James,and i watched the GP.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2718850)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
I would love to say that I could take your place with the 'B in HRS (no 65 as an invitation for FIA cars) for my 5th ever race -but wifey is having a girls' weekend away and has abandoned me with my three children. Much as my 10 year old lad would probably love to come to Brands I think the two girls (9 and 6) would only be excited if there was a competition for the most pink and sparkly cars. In case you did not know there are only two colours in the spectrum - pink and sparkly...

Any takers for a pink and sparkly contest...?
Thats a shame Nick as we have some room in the Delta truck. My kids loved comming racing when they were little.I invested in a tent.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2718856)   #13
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
James, keep it quiet please
Sorry to blow your cover Robert, having seen it in black and white on the entry list i didn't realise it was a secret!

Iain, pleased to hear we're good to go! Shame the GP was dull with the exception of Webber's flying lesson - he's a lucky boy.

See you all there.

James
Old 27 Jun 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2718905)   #14
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Entry list is now out for this great meeting on the Grand Prix circuit at Brands, 43 entries for my race - the Historic Roadsports, and there are 9 reserves for an oversubscribed Guards Trophy race.

But am I alone in thinking that the HSCC should really change its name to the HSSC - Historic Single Seater Club? Of the 14 races over the weekend, we have one race for Touring Cars, two races for Roadsports (Historic and 70s) and the Guards with a mixture of sports cars and sports racers. The remaining races are for single seaters of varying formulae.

The change has been gradual over the years, but has the CSCC now taken over the mantle of the club for racing sports cars?

Anyway, I think it's better than watching the parade up Lord March's front garden.

The HSCC Superprix ist a wonderful meeting. The HSCC is quite good at nurturing and growing events like this and the Oulton Gold Cup.
The cost of running a meeting on the Full Brands Hatch GP circuit is considerable. Also MSV have to allocate on of their limited number of "loud" days. This means that the HSCC invites racing in addtion to their regular programme that draws in paying spectators. HFO does that. HGPCA to a certain point as well. Again these cars cant run on many circuits because of noise issues and are willing to pay well enough for their slot of tracktime.

HFO cars are very difficult to silence and HGPCA cars are similar. My Lotus 18 is good for 128 decibels. The historic scene should be happy that these cars get a chance to run in their natural environment in unspoiled form.

The HSCC goes to great lengths to make sure that their membership is happy.

I have to admit however, that I am very much biased towards single seater car especially the types mentioned above.
I hold with the great Keke Rosberg and his comment on doors, racecars and toilets...

Rudolf
Old 27 Jun 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2718952)   #15
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thats a shame Nick as we have some room in the Delta truck. My kids loved comming racing when they were little.I invested in a tent.

I think that's what got me into fatherhood in the first place...the tent thing didn't work

Seriously Iain I would love to but I think it is just not feasable this w/e. Having said that I could very well swing by and be an impatient spectator. I may even bring a couple of cold beers..
Old 28 Jun 2010, 05:53 (Ref:2719079)   #16
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a new trophy at this meeting too for the Historic FFs. The "Motorsport Norm" in memory of Norman Greenway, legendary circuit commentator who died in March. He was the voice of Brands before Brian Jones and also the voice of Snetterton. Norm commentated on the first ever FF race at Brands in 67, his ashes lie at Brands too. Next year the trophy will be awarded at the HSCC Snett meeting and thereafter alternating between the two circuits.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2719408)   #17
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
PTRACER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CF3 race is looking surprisingly short on numbers, especially in the invitation class. Might put in a late entry.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2719473)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRACER View Post
The CF3 race is looking surprisingly short on numbers, especially in the invitation class. Might put in a late entry.
Good idea, though 24 entries is not too bad considering some recent attrition amongst the front and middle order runners and what may be the continuing effect of budgetary matters after the Monaco adventure.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2719667)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Budgetary Matters = Broke.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2720805)   #20
iconway
Rookie

England
London
iconway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian, thought the same thing myself when I saw the timetable. Hopefully they can queue up nicely BEHIND us for scrutineering as we're first race. HFO and HGPCA will be good to watch though so may stick around afterwards. Should be sunny too, unlike Sunday...
Old 1 Jul 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2720816)   #21
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconway View Post
Brian, thought the same thing myself when I saw the timetable. Hopefully they can queue up nicely BEHIND us for scrutineering as we're first race. HFO and HGPCA will be good to watch though so may stick around afterwards. Should be sunny too, unlike Sunday...
Ian - I've looked at 3 different weather forecasts and they can't agree. The Met Office thinks that it will rain on Sunday, the Weather Channel says it'll rain on Saturday - I'm sticking to weatherforecast.com because they say it'll be sunny all weekend.

Take your sunglasses, and an umbrella just in case.....
Old 2 Jul 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2721039)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like i'm coming along tomorrow, guys. Cannot wait to see these cars in action. Had a taster at the Lotus festival a couple of weeks back and i'm in the mood for some historic GP Great track, awesome cars.

Selby
Old 2 Jul 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2721064)   #23
kimbo
Rookie

England
West Sussex
kimbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Ian - I've looked at 3 different weather forecasts and they can't agree. The Met Office thinks that it will rain on Sunday, the Weather Channel says it'll rain on Saturday - I'm sticking to weatherforecast.com because they say it'll be sunny all weekend.

Take your sunglasses, and an umbrella just in case.....
It's what they invented waterproof sunblock for, isn't it?
I'm looking forward to marshaling at this meeting - I'll be the one in orange.

Kim.
(hopefully there should be plenty of us there, despite the FOS).
Old 2 Jul 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2721117)   #24
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
It's what they invented waterproof sunblock for, isn't it?
I'm looking forward to marshaling at this meeting - I'll be the one in orange.

Kim.
(hopefully there should be plenty of us there, despite the FOS).
Car's loaded, heading off to get scrutineered this afternoon. Avoids the morning rush as we're first up. I'm sure to find Delta already there - hopefully with a brew on.

And Kim - I'll be sure to wave at the marshall in orange now I know it's you......
Old 2 Jul 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2721174)   #25
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got a link to the entry list please.