Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Sep 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2754453)   #1
Shaun Brader
Rookie

Shaun Brader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross Marshals

Hi folks, Just thought I'd post a thread for those folks who fancy a spot of Rallycross marshalling!

The next meeting is at Blyton, North Lincolnshire on the 12th of September, it's the 7th round of the MSA British Championship, and I'd like you to come along as I'm the chief marshal on it!

We've raffle prizes from the last meeting, (Lydden) and I would imagine lots of drivers, sponsors and crews would love to donate more for this one. (hint..), and I've just bought some raffle tickets, so when you sign on, you get a strip of five, which is an improvement on the last meeting I reckon!

Add to that, a good days entertainment and the best pie from any circuit in the uk.*

There's a marshals group on facebook now, if you want to have a look, http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=145870955441888&ref=ts

If you would like to get in touch to join me and a few other like-minded souls, then email me on lincsresponse999@hotmail.com, and I'll add you to my list, thanks, Shaun

*The statement about the pie may not be true, contrary to popular belief, I haven't sampled pie at EVERY circuit in the UK.... yet.

Old 6 Sep 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2755448)   #2
fiesta7
Rookie

fiesta7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll definitely be there
Old 7 Sep 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2755569)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Shaun, you might be better posting this in the Marshals Forum but please exclude the Facebook part due to a conflict with ten-tenths.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2755725)   #4
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could, I suggest that any drivers who are going to this event, but not competing, would maybe like to do a stint on the banks.
I have done so a few times and it is an interesting and educational experience. The regular marshals make you very welcome, and it is good to see the meetings from a marshals perspective. It makes you even more appreciative of what the marshals do for us drivers.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2755739)   #5
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
Could, I suggest that any drivers who are going to this event, but not competing, would maybe like to do a stint on the banks.
I have done so a few times and it is an interesting and educational experience. The regular marshals make you very welcome, and it is good to see the meetings from a marshals perspective. It makes you even more appreciative of what the marshals do for us drivers.
Excellent idea! Phil Chicken marshals regularly and Kiefer Hudson marshalled at the ERC.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2755766)   #6
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that mean that Marshals can volunteer to drive? After all we're all experts!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2755778)   #7
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Chris View Post
Does that mean that Marshals can volunteer to drive? After all we're all experts!
As long as you have a car to drive!

I'm sure if marshals got a chance to drive they would be miles quicker than the experts!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2756082)   #8
Shaun Brader
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
Shaun, you might be better posting this in the Marshals Forum but please exclude the Facebook part due to a conflict with ten-tenths.
Consider it done!

There's a slow trickle of marshals coming through, but a few more names on my list so I can gauge numbers and pre-plan my manning would be nice!!

Here's hoping for a good days motorsport!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2758576)   #9
Shaun Brader
Rookie

Great day yesterday, and a credit to all who volunteered their free time, to support this event, THANKS GUYS 'N GALS!!
Old 14 Sep 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2759246)   #10
Coppertop
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex
Coppertop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would just like to echo Shaun's note to everyone who helped out at Blyton.

As usual we couldn't run the event without you - so really appreciate your help.

Hope you all enjoyed Brenda's pie!! (if you remembered to order it) lol

Sue Jeffery
Old 14 Sep 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2759454)   #11
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The marshals at Blyton were superb as usual. Plenty to deal with at every post but really well done and all very friendly as well. Thanks to you all, as ever!