Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Sep 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2756749)   #1
tedidesign
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne Australia
tedidesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talladega AMP Energy 500

Hi. first post here.
I have to travel from Australia to Lousianna in late October for work and was thinking of driving up to see talladega on the 31st of October. Where abouts could I get a motel room or accom. How far would you drive to the track, am i better to stay further away and then get a bus to the track? I can still buy tickets online, but where would be the best seats. Any help appreciated, thanks Ted
Old 10 Sep 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2757079)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure at all where you can stay, but I would think you should have started looking a while ago...find something quick, and be prepared for Alabama.
Start HERE

Best seats would be anywhere above row 20 or so, but front stretch, tri-oval and S/F line for sure. There has got to be some tickets available: check HERE

For a true Talladega experience, rent an RV, stay inside the track and enjoy the madness of the infield camping.

Hope you can make it!

And welcome, Ted!
Old 10 Sep 2010, 04:19 (Ref:2757100)   #3
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talladega isn't a big place so you would be more likely to find a room in Birmingham.
I drove over from Tupelo once so coming from Louisiana you should find something between where you are and the track
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:17 (Ref:2757131)   #4
tedidesign
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne Australia
tedidesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Guys
so I'll see if we can get somewhere in Montgomery as a base which is about 100 miles away, drive up on Saturday, sleep in the carpark on saturday night, or befriend some racefan and stay with him in the RV park, see the race Sunday, then drive back to Montgomery. I havent been to the states since 1984, that year was indy 500, world of outlaws, pikes peak and Daytona. Mind you I was 24 then, 50 now. Going to be a rushed buisness trip, but a man just has to fit in some motorsport
Old 10 Sep 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2757331)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
First time around we were based in Atlanta so drove over and back. It would have been a good plan except for the race getting rained off on Sunday and us then having to drive all the way back to Atlanta for the night before returning the next day. The following year I was basically living on the road and, having heard all the horror stories of accomodation, didn't venture any closer to the track than Birmingham where I lucked in at the first hotel that I stopped at. The Holiday Inn, where I took the last room, was well located, a good price and offered a cooked breakfast. Even better there was a free raceday barbeque for race fans.

Montgomery is an easy drive once outside the track and away from the traffic. You are actually going in the right direction: the opposite direction to everyone else!