Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 18 Oct 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2776681)   #1
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
National Motor Racing Archive - Moving To Snetterton

I see Motorsport Vision are taking on the National Motor Racing Archive from - see below extract from Snett website - excellent news that this to keep going . Will be interesting to see how MSV manage this and if they make it easily accessible to the the public.

18/10/2010 - MotorSport Vision is to become the custodian of the National Motor Racing Archive, after reaching an arrangement to take over the phenomenal efforts of creator and sole archivist Martin Hadwen and ensure the collection's safe storage and future development.

Founded by Hadwen in 1987, the National Motor Racing Archive is dedicated to the preservation of the UK's motorsport history and contains thousands of printed documents, film footage, photographs, audio recordings and memorabilia for posterity and research purposes.

Items within the archive include copies of Autosport and Motorsport Magazine dating as far back as the 1940s, race programmes, tickets, personal letters and examples of previous marshal clothing.

The collection's growth and success has been almost solely due to the hard work and dedication of founder Martin Hadwen, who has now asked MotorSport Vision Chief Executive Jonathan Palmer to ensure the future security and progress of the collection.

Following the agreement, the National Motor Racing Archive will be moved from its current location in Watton, Norfolk to nearby Snetterton circuit.

Martin Hadwen said: "I'm sorry to give the archive up but failing health and the fact that it has now outgrown our ability to store it makes this necessity. I am extremely grateful that Jonathan Palmer stepped forward to take this on and develop it further, in the spirit in which it was intended. I trust that you will all continue to support the archive as you have done in the past."

Jonathan Palmer, Chief Executive of MotorSport Vision, added: "The National Motor Racing Archive is a unique collection of Britain's motorsport history that Martin has worked enormously hard to create and develop for many years, for passion rather than financial gain. We're delighted to be taking over his hard work and given the archive's strong links to Norfolk, Snetterton is an ideal home for the collection. We look forward to expanding the archive and continuing as custodians of Martin's great work."
Old 19 Oct 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2777049)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good on Mr Palmer, well done mate.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2777091)   #3
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Palmer done anything wrong yet? This should also help Snetterton becoming a grade 2 track by giving it more facilities.

Still, it's a shame that the guy has had to give up his lives work due to health. MSV will hopefully take care of it.