Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Aug 2001, 08:32 (Ref:125106)   #1
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Traffic problems @ GP threaten 2002 race

Have a look at the article below from today's Autosport.com.

What did people think about the traffic this year. It was my first year at the GP and we had no problems from/to Milton Keynes?

" Exclusive: British GP faces new threat

FIA demands answers over traffic jams

According to an exclusive report in this week's Autosport magazine, the British Grand Prix will be dropped from next year's Formula 1 World Championship unless Silverstone bosses can supply satisfactory answers on the running of this year's event.

Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, has demanded an official response as to why promised improvements to traffic did not eradicate raceday jams. A letter has been sent from the FIA to Britain's motorsport governing body, the MSA, demanding answers.

Unless race organisers Octagon Motorsport can explain their actions, the event will be absent from the provisional 2002 calendar published in early October.

This could threaten the planned £40million facelift that has been drawn up to change the face of Silverstone for 2003 in a bid to guarantee the race's ong-term future "
Old 2 Aug 2001, 12:34 (Ref:125176)   #2
Spud
Rookie

Spud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see this threat amounting to much. Perhaps after they've finished giving Silverstone a hard time they could investigate why it took me 4.5 hours to get out of the car park at Magny Cours - and there wasn't even any rain to blame it on there!!
Old 2 Aug 2001, 15:12 (Ref:125245)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What on earth are they moaning about?!?! I was VERY impressed with how quickly we managed to leave the circuit. It seems the FIA are trying ANYTHING to take away the British GP, or at least take it away from Silverstone. I'm still suspicious as to why Brands is at the top of the list on all the Octagon tickets...