Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 2 Dec 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2798797)   #1
Ti-Tourist (Erik)
Rookie

Netherlands
Ti-Tourist (Erik) should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ti-Tourist (Erik) introducing himself

Hello everyone,

This is me - age 4 in Huub Rothengatter's Spirit F1 car. Indoctrinated with motorsport since a very young age, now 29 years old. I live in the Netherlands, near Utrecht. Found the Ten-Tenths forum after the Spa Six Hours this year, which I attended as well. I'm a big fan of this kind of classic events and visited quite a few (Monaco Historique, Le Mans Classic, AvD Oldtimer GP). Made the switch to classic F1 / racing after several GP's as well. (Spa 1992, 1993 & 1996, Monaco 1996, Silverstone 1994 and Hungary 1997 - most of them were quite eventful....)

I'm doing some trackdays from time to time (Zandvoort, Zolder, Nordschleife, Charade (FR), Circuit d'Issoire (FR) and Lurcy Levis (FR) driven) and take a few pictures of the events I visit as a hobby. A couple of examples:

I'm looking to do couple of UK trackdays next year (if possible) and visit the Goodwood FoS. Any information would be very nice.

Nickname comes from theBMW E36 318ti I use as daily drive / trackday car. Nice balance & decent power, but not the prettiest thing.

Hope you've liked the intro.

Erik
Old 11 Dec 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2803112)   #2
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm amazed nobody has welcomed you to the board yet, so I'll do it.

Welcome Erik. Nice pictures. Who do you support in Formula One then?

Hope to see you around the boards.

James.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2803971)   #3
Ti-Tourist (Erik)
Rookie

Netherlands
Ti-Tourist (Erik) should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi James,

Thanks for the welcome. It started with being a big fan of Senna, then J. Verstappen (obviously) - especially due to what he did in the lower categories. He was a real talent back then. Since then, I like to follow the "coming men". Vettel in his Torro Rosso days, nowadays I keep a eye out for Kobayashi & Kubica. I guess I'm into chargers & fighters, not so much the stylists e.g. Button.

I think Holland will have to wait for the likes of Nyck de Vries (McLaren) and Max Verstappen for being more then pay drivers in F1.

I have a small collection of Grand Prix episodes from the 80's and 90's which sometimes prefer over a boring Tilke-track race.