Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Apr 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2871595)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 3 - Moto GP 2011, Estoril

Well after the long break we are back at it. And yep, rain is in the forecast!

So who knows what's gonna happen!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2871751)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I read somewhere that Rossi dosn't want it to rain. He probably does but hopefully won't do the same as last time !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Apr 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2871779)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Terol dominates both 125 sessions. That guy is an alien in his own right.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2871796)   #4
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how the returning biker getting on?
Old 29 Apr 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2871815)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Bauista? He was at the bottom of both sessions.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2872066)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never seen such poor organisation in my life.

There was obviously something either seeping out of the tarmac or on the track in turn 1, countless 125 and Moto2 riders crashed.
Lets hope IRTA do something about it or as usual Dorna will wait until somebody gets badly hurt before saying "OK we need to do something here"
Old 1 May 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2872224)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Sounds like we are getting quite the war of words this weekend!
Old 1 May 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2872339)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Never seen such poor organisation in my life.

There was obviously something either seeping out of the tarmac or on the track in turn 1, countless 125 and Moto2 riders crashed.
Lets hope IRTA do something about it or as usual Dorna will wait until somebody gets badly hurt before saying "OK we need to do something here"
I agree totally, I was shouting at the screen - how long did some of those lads have to lie there too? Poor marshalls at that turn were worked endlessly - only the fact theres so few Moto GP gave them a break.

BTW with all this 1000cc, claiming rules etc next year can 800s still be run?
Old 1 May 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2872357)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from what I understood it was something like up to 1000cc ..
with privateers to run prototype frames with 1000 cc stock derived blocks ..

Ciao Marco
Old 1 May 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2872360)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
regarding Moto2 .. what happened to Iannone and his qualifying.. same happened in all races so far
nowhere in qualy but always at the front in the races .. would've been a 2010 style win if he'd start on the front row

Ciao Marco
Old 1 May 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2872364)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
and then he bins it ...
wtf

Ciao Marco
Old 1 May 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2872369)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maximum respect for that Moto2 podium
Old 1 May 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2872428)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well the 125cc race as usual put on a good "do or die" fight at the end, Moto 2 was entertaining as well but apart from the first lap in Moto GP it should be made a support race ! but it was good to see Pedrosa race sensibly and get the win.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 May 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2872936)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Denied any race day drama by an over exuberant Simoncelli on Lap 1. We'll always have Saturday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1yX1X4u4

Old 10 May 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2878009)   #15
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Terol dominates both 125 sessions. That guy is an alien in his own right.
In the current 125 field perhaps, Marquez had him covered last year. I wonder what Faubel makes of his future career given that he can't keep up the pace with his young team mate.

Incidentally, Marquez's season in Moto2 has been a bit of a nightmare hasn't it? Learning the hard way. Speaking of riders having nightmares about where it's all gone wrong, what about Passini or even Neukirchner who was looking to re-ignite his career? I remember when he was touted as the next big thing at Philip Island some years ago on the Klaffi bike.

End of inane ramblings. As you were.
Old 10 May 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2878099)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not ramblings fella, just opinion and the two get very quickly confused on here!

Max haa had a whole string of injuries from WSBK, was perhaps in line for a title on the Suzuki a few years back til he broke his leg in that insane chicane at Monza.

Marques for me is too desperate, maybe has too much pressure and expectation on him, that's what the riders seem to feel.

Faubel is simply picking up a pay cheque, as is Gadea, both Martinez love children with nowhere else to go as they cant ride 4 strokes or big bikes. Of course as they are Spanish they walk into decent 125 rides and guys liek Danny Kent, Mackenzie and many others are on yon old Aprilia 125's with the intake at the side and central exhausts!

Now thats a rambling man!
Old 10 May 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2878149)   #17
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Not ramblings fella, just opinion and the two get very quickly confused on here!

Max haa had a whole string of injuries from WSBK, was perhaps in line for a title on the Suzuki a few years back til he broke his leg in that insane chicane at Monza.

Marques for me is too desperate, maybe has too much pressure and expectation on him, that's what the riders seem to feel.

Faubel is simply picking up a pay cheque, as is Gadea, both Martinez love children with nowhere else to go as they cant ride 4 strokes or big bikes. Of course as they are Spanish they walk into decent 125 rides and guys liek Danny Kent, Mackenzie and many others are on yon old Aprilia 125's with the intake at the side and central exhausts!

Now thats a rambling man!

I remember Neukirchner's Monza crash, it was utterly sickening. I thought he was done for as a rider. He underwhelmed on the second Ten Kate bike and Xaus is doing the same now. Has Ten Kate ever had two superbike riders on the same pace?

Totally agree with your assessment of the Spanish smaller class riders. Julian Simon and desparate Marc will hopefully break that mould.

And now for something completely random...it cracks me up when commentators try the 'Castrol' Honda is back tag, who is kidding who here, it's a branding exercise people, you know it, I know it. Cut the nonsense Same thing we had with Brawn GP in that other sport, the supposedly new team who came out of nowhere but I digress.:rotate

What about Biagi's penalty at the weekend though? He gave the organisers no option really and fair play to them, if Haga deserved his ride through then so did Max.
Old 10 May 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2878235)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think really it was a bit harsh on Max. He slowed a little, was not on a lap record or anything on the lap after or before and the penalty was very draconian.

Apparently though there was a special area that you had to at least ride over in that straight on sector if you missed the chicane, and Max didnt go to the meeting where this was displayed! So maybe there is a bit of "next time you come to the meeting eh Mr Superstar"

Nori missed the chicane twice then after the third was called in.

I guess the Castolr thing is the same, but why do they have Castrol Ten Kate and then Hannspree still in WSS? Thats a bit weird.

And anwya the old Castrol team is what is now HM PLant Honda in BSB so can't be the same.