Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2936832)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cup Race 21 : Pocono...

Should be a boring race, dont like this track - fingers crossed...

Logano on pole...
Old 7 Aug 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2936914)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, Pocono. I was looking forward to a good Sunday afternoon nap.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2937087)   #3
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know it's going to be a long day when the commentators have to resort to talking about who's shifting gear and who isn't...
Old 8 Aug 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2937133)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After a rain delay around lap 124, the race was finished under green with Brad and his swollen ankle take the victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
You know it's going to be a long day when the commentators have to resort to talking about who's shifting gear and who isn't...
It must have been a long day cause it looked to me like everyone was shifting at every turn, something new for the tricky triangle. They need to just keep the cameras on board as the drivers are a lot busier than the traffic they are in.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2937250)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Should be a boring race, dont like this track - fingers crossed...

Logano on pole...
Pocono is my favorite track. Not as good as it used to be for some reason however.

I stopped watching this at the rain delay. Looks like I screwed up!
Old 8 Aug 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2937286)   #6
lucia
Rookie

lucia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with JHamilton. Pocono is my favorite track!
Old 8 Aug 2011, 19:50 (Ref:2937368)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Pocono is my favorite track. Not as good as it used to be for some reason however.

I stopped watching this at the rain delay. Looks like I screwed up!
I used to enjoy it quite a bit; used to produce some decent racing at some absurd speeds with the older cars. I can't figured out where they went wrong?

And I STARTED watching after the rain delay so looks like together, we've seen a full race.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2937549)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Feels like Pocono usually has a bit more excitement than what we've seen this year, with more rubbin', bumping (like the Busch - Johnson duel at the very end there) and wrecks. Nice to see "Bad" Brad "Ironman" Keselowski toughen it out for the win though.

Edit - I suppose it wouldn't hurt trimming it down to 400 miles though.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2938269)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Edit - I suppose it wouldn't hurt trimming it down to 400 miles though.
Funny how things work out sometimes (I honestly had no idea it was in the works):
Quote:
Pocono Cup races shortened to 400 miles in 2012

Starting in 2012, both Sprint Cup Series races at Pocono Raceway will be shortened to 400 miles.

"The 400 mile distance will make NASCAR racing at Pocono even more exciting," said, Brandon Igdalsky, track president and CEO. "Race strategies will change, fuel mileage calculations will be altered and I firmly believe that our fans will be treated to outstanding racing at the 400 mile distance."
Source: http://www.nascar.com/news/110810/po...ned/index.html
Old 11 Aug 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2938563)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
You have a lot of influence in NASCAR world!