Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 9 Aug 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2937666)   #1
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simple question

Hiya To all racers, Why is you guys seem to have the need to go back to pit lane, padock area with out waiting of car ro be recovered, Me marshall, at varous level,s. seems that as said, you have the homing pigoen affect to get back to team, that then cause,s us issue, with getting (your)car returned to the paddock,.

await your reply,s with interest..

pete
Old 9 Aug 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2937688)   #2
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never heard of a driver doing that at any event we've been at. We would be fined if the driver did not stay with the car.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2937696)   #3
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
neither myself or any club racer that i know of has left the car and gone back to the pits

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 9 Aug 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2937698)   #4
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheer,s guys, thats got ball rolling, must be one of those 'big meeting' issues,

pete
Old 9 Aug 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2937712)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've never seen it happen at a club or even national meeting, only F1 on the tv.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2938033)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
<Joke>Mostly we stay with the car to make sure the marshals handle it carefully and don't drop it or treat it like the Canadian ones did to Hamilton's...</joke>

We know you take care but sometimes things go wrong and it's helpful to be on hand to tell you where to push etc. Although I did abandon a car once because I was in the medical vehicle.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2938043)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
<Joke>Mostly we stay with the car to make sure the marshals handle it carefully and don't drop it or treat it like the Canadian ones did to Hamilton's...</joke>

We know you take care but sometimes things go wrong and it's helpful to be on hand to tell you where to push etc. Although I did abandon a car once because I was in the medical vehicle.
Very true, same thing happened with me once but the chimps who were crewing the recovery truck did more damage than I did.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2938083)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best recovery I had was at the Ring, back from Schalbenschwanz (? the corner before Karrusel). Open topped Midget towed on a 2m strap behind a Frontera with the diesel exhaust in front of my face. We were doing just on 80mph down the long straight!!!!!!

(Quicker than the car went all day, before you say it)
Old 10 Aug 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2938194)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
...... back from Schalbenschwanz (? the corner before Karrusel). ......)
Klostertal is the one before Karrusell;
Schwalbenschwanz is the one before MINI-karussell;
Old 10 Aug 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2938199)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

Just checked my T-shirt, it finally expired at Steilstrecke