Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 18 Sep 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2957756)   #1
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
dulon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extra Pre 90 FF race available 9th Oct

I've been told that there is going to be a further pre 90 formula ford race at Mallory on 9th October, again at the CFFC1600 meeting. It was a great race at Oulton, really enjoyed the fact that it created a double header for us. Hope it gets supported,
Old 28 Sep 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2962043)   #2
daktari doc
Rookie

United Kingdom
devon
daktari doc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant get the car ready in time but will be along to support the racing. The pre 90 at Oulton earlier in the year made for great viewing with close fought battles through the pack. I see that the class B championship is still undecided.

Is it a sponsored race again or are the lack of posts on here reflective of the likely number of pre 90's that will be present?
Old 29 Sep 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2962639)   #3
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
Sorry to hear your car wont be ready but if you need a hand with your car send me a pm, i'm happy to lend a hand although my experience is far more limited than my enthusiasm!
You'll receive a warm welcome in our paddock regardless of wether your car is with you or not, places still available for the pre 90 race which will be 20 minutes long for £195, so with the practice as well, you get good track time at a great circuit.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2962716)   #4
FA73
Racer

FA73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulon View Post
Sorry to hear your car wont be ready but if you need a hand with your car send me a pm, i'm happy to lend a hand although my experience is far more limited than my enthusiasm!
You'll receive a warm welcome in our paddock regardless of wether your car is with you or not, places still available for the pre 90 race which will be 20 minutes long for £195, so with the practice as well, you get good track time at a great circuit.

The fee for doing both the Classic 1600 Race and the Pre90 FF1600 race will be £270 - thats £195 for the Classic race and £75 for doing the Pre90 race as well...

I checked with the BARC today about the fee for doing the Pre90 race alone - I was told it is £210 but that is a 20min qualifying session and a 20min race.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2968822)   #5
daktari doc
Rookie

United Kingdom
devon
Weather was quite kind to you all, both the races were great but the classics was a nip and tuck to the wire, great viewing and have to say as others did around the circuit on the day, club racing is actually far better viewing than the top level motor racing (not that i'd want to take anything away from Mr button at the weekend)I'm planning to go to a few of the classics meetings next year, there was racing at the front, midfield and towards the rear, great stuff. Shame the james hunt car didnt make it out, didnt realise he ran in those colours so early on.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2968839)   #6
vanrf81
Rookie

vanrf81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed - I watched from the Esses and all three FF races - the Classic FF1600, the Pre90 1600 and the FF2000 races were absolute crackers ! Good sized grids, four wheel drifts, lots of dicing / slipstreaming / out braking, a great standard of driving and you really didn't know who was going to win until the final corner. Having had a thoroughly enjoyable day of spectating, I went home, turned on the Japanese GP and after 20 mins of being told about pit stops / undercuts / KERS / DRS / how many fresh sets of which type of tyre each driver had I promptly fell asleep.....

How can a bunch of amateur drivers with seasonal budgets of a few grand put on a better show of cars racing each other than the (supposed) best drivers in the world in cars with team budgets of hundreds of millions ?

Formula Ford really is motorsport in its purest form !
Old 11 Oct 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2969289)   #7
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanrf81 View Post
Agreed - I watched from the Esses and all three FF races - the Classic FF1600, the Pre90 1600 and the FF2000 races were absolute crackers ! Good sized grids, four wheel drifts, lots of dicing / slipstreaming / out braking, a great standard of driving and you really didn't know who was going to win until the final corner. Having had a thoroughly enjoyable day of spectating, I went home, turned on the Japanese GP and after 20 mins of being told about pit stops / undercuts / KERS / DRS / how many fresh sets of which type of tyre each driver had I promptly fell asleep.....

How can a bunch of amateur drivers with seasonal budgets of a few grand put on a better show of cars racing each other than the (supposed) best drivers in the world in cars with team budgets of hundreds of millions ?

Formula Ford really is motorsport in its purest form !
Beautifully put!!!
And, as one of the FF2000 drivers in that race it is even more appreciated. I too sat down to watch the Japanese GP and lasted until close to the end before the eye lids started to droop. I gave the GP the benefit of the doubt and put my state down to having driven the qualifying and race ( 26 lapper!!) and driven the lorry back home.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2969395)   #8
blackcat
Rookie

United Kingdom
Too Close to Silverstone - NOT
blackcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All,

If you want to see good racing - i agree FF1600 is tops - but also takle a look at the last round of the BSB from Brands - Tommy Hill is a legend - 5 passes on the last lap to take the championship by 0.06 sec - AWESOME
Old 11 Oct 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2969501)   #9
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by daktari doc View Post
Weather was quite kind to you all, both the races were great but the classics was a nip and tuck to the wire, great viewing and have to say as others did around the circuit on the day, club racing is actually far better viewing than the top level motor racing (not that i'd want to take anything away from Mr button at the weekend)I'm planning to go to a few of the classics meetings next year, there was racing at the front, midfield and towards the rear, great stuff. Shame the james hunt car didnt make it out, didnt realise he ran in those colours so early on.
The car in James Hunt colours was mine, this year the car has been in 5 different colours, Yardley Mclaren, JPS, Wolf Racing, Martini and the Hesketh. All period colours relating to F1 cars of the 1970's. It has been a great introduction year for me into racing, the classics have proved to be a very friendly club and the racing has been close even for people starting out like myself.
Don't be a stranger if you come to the events, come in to the paddock and have a chat with the drivers, they are always looking for fresh ears to bend and tell a racing tale or two!
Old 13 Oct 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2970503)   #10
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulon View Post
The car in James Hunt colours was mine, this year the car has been in 5 different colours, Yardley Mclaren, JPS, Wolf Racing, Martini and the Hesketh. All period colours relating to F1 cars of the 1970's. It has been a great introduction year for me into racing, the classics have proved to be a very friendly club and the racing has been close even for people starting out like myself.
Don't be a stranger if you come to the events, come in to the paddock and have a chat with the drivers, they are always looking for fresh ears to bend and tell a racing tale or two!
I quite like your idea of running car in old F1 colour schemes.

How did you manage to do 3 laps of Oulton with no water and still save the engine?
Old 13 Oct 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2970666)   #11
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
The poor little thing seemed to have cooked itself to pieces with the oil coming out and burning away as well, it seemed certain that the head was a gonna. However, somehow Lady luck was on my side because although the engine doesn't sound very sweet its still running so i'm still racing!!

(Hoping Santa reads my pressy list and brings a rebuild)

Having listened to some of the stories of other peoples attempts at first year racing in the past, my teething/ novice troubles have been minor and all sorted by the kindness of the guys in the Classic formula ford club to make sure i made it onto the grid.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2971069)   #12
daktari doc
Rookie

United Kingdom
devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
I quite like your idea of running car in old F1 colour schemes.

How did you manage to do 3 laps of Oulton with no water and still save the engine?
Have to agree with Alan, the car has looked great at the meetings, guess that is why it has appeared in the brochures and i saw it in Autosport earlier this year. It would be great to see some of the other cars join in with some authentic schemes.

I did hear one of the younger drivers trying to convince a young lady in the pits at Mallory that diesel was being used in the Dulon to account for the sound of the engine ! ( She was laughing too !)