Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > Marshals Needed

Old 10 Oct 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2968762)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
BARC Winter Series

Hi Folks,

The BARC are holding a 2 day meeting on the Snetterton 300 circuit on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th November and need additional marshals.

The programme includes Formula Renault, Ginetta Juniors and Ginetta GT's.

Please let Chris Logan know if you are free to help out clogan@barc.net
Old 31 Oct 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2979810)   #2
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's still time to volunteer for the BARC Winter Series Meeting at Snetterton on the 5th & 6th November and we would be pleased to welcome all grades of marshals to come and join us over the weekend.

This Winter Series will provide you with a first opportunity to see several new drivers who are planning to complete in the various series in 2012 and who will provide some exciting and competitive racing over the weekend.

If you can assist please contact Chris Logan at BARC as soon as possible via clogan@barc.net or contact myself via terryscannel@aol.com

Timetable is as per the attached link;

http://www.barc.net/images/stories/p...6_SN050611.pdf
Old 1 Nov 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2980273)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Further to my earlier posting we have received confirmation that MSV will be supporting the appeal for additional marshals by offering some superb raffle prizes for those providing assistance over the weekend.

As detailed in George Copeland's message this evening on the Marshals forum;
"First prize will be a full (£800) PalmerSport Day at Bedford Autodrome – “the best corporate motorsport day available anywhere” – in the marshals’ draw. There will be three second prizes of Brands Hatch Race Master experiences.

MSV will also provide free breakfasts and lunches for all marshals and Max Gregory, Championship Co-ordinator of the Ginetta Winter series has offered a raffle for ten marshals to tour the Ginetta factory."

See George's appeal via the following link http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...24#post2980224

We would really appreciate your support for this event.

Terry
Old 1 Nov 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2980353)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry you have an email with me volunteering for sunday

matthew turner
Old 1 Nov 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2980376)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Cheers Matt,

I have forwarded this on to the team and have replied to you via e-mail.

Really appreciate your kind support - thank you.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Terry
Old 2 Nov 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2980645)   #6
BIGPAUL
Racer

England
Braintree
BIGPAUL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have volunteered & got tickets for Sunday. Afraid i have to do work thing on Saturday
Old 2 Nov 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2980731)   #7
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPAUL View Post
I have volunteered & got tickets for Sunday. Afraid i have to do work thing on Saturday
Hi BigPaul,

Thanks also for your kind support - Look forward to seeing you also on Sunday.

Fully understand about the work thing Saturday - but your help is appreciated.

Terry
Old 2 Nov 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2980732)   #8
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Still time for any additional marshals to volunteer - just drop myself or George an e-mail to say which day/days you may be able to do at the e-mail address's as in earlier postings and we can add you to the list. Sign on is 7.30am both days to allow you to enjoy the wonderful free breakfast donated by MSV to all marshals!!

The meeting is due to be on the 300 circuit despite what may be seen on the timetable published previously, hence the need for the extra marshal numbers.

Formula Renaults have been testing today (and again tomorrow!) 30 cars today and will without doubt provide plenty of entertainment over the weekend if today is anything to go by!! Ginetta Juniors will, I am sure, also provide their usual exciting racing too for good measure!

Terry
Old 2 Nov 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2980843)   #9
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
If anyone is available to assist with Assembly and/or Pits we are still in need of additional numbers on both days.

Please let George or myself know if you can help us in these areas.

Many thanks,

Terry
Old 6 Nov 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2982387)   #10
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Thank you!!

May I say that once again "Team Orange" has proved what many of us have known for many years - that you are absolutely superb group of people!!

The response since our appeal for marshals last Tuesday, so that we could ensure the running of the BARC Winter Series meeting on the 300 circuit, has been really brilliant and on behalf of MSV and BARC I would sincerely wish to thank all of you that assisted us over the weekend.

It was so good to see so many there on Saturday and even more today!! Many new trainees which was encouraging to see too. It was great to meet many of the people whom George and I have been in direct contact over the past few days and to welcome so many marshals new to Snetterton. Hope you all enjoyed the meeting and that it will be the first of many visits next year.

Too many people to mention really but special thanks to Laura who was on a busy Post 11 with me on Saturday and who had travelled from Sunderland to assist on Saturday - great to meet and work with you. Hope you enjoyed being so close to the action in front and behind us!!

I appreciate that many marshals also travelled considerable distances to assist us. Also to everyone who had to suffer me on Posts 7, 8, 9, 10 & 14 today - thanks team - superb marshalling / incident handling throughout the day!

Finally a really big thank you to Mr. Palmer and MSV for putting such big smiles on the faces of the special raffle prize winners over the two days! The support from MSV over the weekend has been really appreciated by those present and certainly ensured that the event could take place as planned, with the brilliant support of those in orange. Thanks also to the BMMC for all your help too!

Must say that the Formula Renault and Ginetta teams and competitors provided some really competitive and exciting racing over both days.

Thank you all for your support!

Terry