Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Feb 2012, 04:44 (Ref:3030727)   #1
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

So, I felt like having one thread just to cover NNS, Trucks, and anything other Stock Car series' race results. This is easier.

Anyway, on pole for the trucks at Daytona is Miguel Paludo. NNS has Danica Patrick on pole

http://www.jayski.com/nationwide/201...2012lineup.pdf

http://www.jayski.com/cts/next/2012/...ona-lineup.pdf
Old 25 Feb 2012, 04:46 (Ref:3030728)   #2
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
SPOILERS:

Quote:
Rookie John King wins at Daytona: John King, driving the #7 Red Horse Racing Toyota, was the leader on the third and final green-white-checkered restart, took the white flag just as another caution came out, and was declared the winnner of the NextExa Energy Resources 250 at Daytona International Speedway. This is King's first win in just eight series starts, and is the third driver to earn his first series win at Daytona. Teammate #17-Timothy Peters finished second. Tough night for many including #13-Johnny Sauter who was having a strong run, leading on the second green-white-checkered restart, but got caught from behind by King, turning him hard into the wall, and collecting several trucks in the process. Sauter finished 25th. Rounding out the top ten were; #6-Justin Lofton, #09-Travis Kvapil, #23-Jason White, #11-Todd Bodine, #84-Chris Fontaine, #27-Ward Burton, #3-Ty Dillon, #68-Clay Greenfield.Complete race results are posted on the Daytona Race Results Page.(Unofficial)(2-24-2012)
http://www.jayski.com/cts/next/2012/...al-results.pdf
Old 25 Feb 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3030872)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The finish to the truck race was absurd. Shame, cause that USED to be the best race of the Daytona weekend.

Miguel Paludo walked away from a wreck that used to end careers.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 01:35 (Ref:3031198)   #4
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
A little nice story; After his Truck win last night, John King has become almost a sensation. People want to know "Who is he?", as very little, maybe never, has ever been seen from him in a broadcasted race.

Quote:
Fast Facts: John King - Daytona race winner:
*Competed in NCWTS races at Kentucky Speedway and Bristol Motor Speedway while continuing his Late Model career at the local level (2011)
*Made his Camping World Truck Series debut at Bristol Motor Speedway where he finished a career-high 15th (2010)
*Joined the Bill Elliott Driver Development program, competing in the UARA-STARS Late Model Series (2009)
*Finished among the top-30 in the Fastrak Racing Series 'Grand Nationals' event with over 200 drivers (2007)
*Captured first career pole in Fastrack Racing event at Volunteer Speedway (2007)
*Started full-time racing driving in Late Model series, collecting several top-five finishes (2006-2007)(ToyotaRacing.com)
Excerpts - NASCAR's post-race interview with John King & team owner Tom DeLoach:
Q: John, what happened with getting into Sauter? Were you getting pushed?
King: I don't know that I was getting pushed. All I know was closing rate was real fast, I couldn't get off of him. I'm a rookie. I've never pushed in my life. This is my first time at Daytona or any Superspeedway. I apologize to him from the bottom of my heart. It wasn't my intention at all. Without wrecking him, I was good to go. I couldn't get off of him. Once I got up to him in the tri-oval, that's all I had, so...
Q: I speak for a lot of people in America, on Twitter and everywhere else, they're asking a simple question: John, who are you? In all seriousness, can you explain how this Red Horse Racing opportunity came about, how in the last couple months you've gotten to this point where here you are?
King: I came off of dirt late models, went to late model stocks after that. We've run a few truck races. This is feature win number three for me my whole career. This is it. I've won one dirt late model race and one late model stock race. It's unbelievable. I couldn't imagine being here. We're here. But we got together with Tom in the off-season. I don't really know how it worked out. We just kind of ran into each other. It just evolved from there.
DeLoach: Let me give you a little bit more background on that. John and his dad, this is J1, his dad is J2, John King also. What we did, they came to us, wanted to talk about, What have you got as a race team? Why should we be with Red Horse versus this team, this team, this team? Why are you the right person? We showed them what we had. We brought them in, said, This is what the race team looks like. We do a lot of work with people. Part of the time I'm going to be your dad, part of the time I'm going to be your cheerleader, part of the time I'm going to be beating you on the back. This is what it's all about. We're in there to try to mold a young driver so they can be very competitive as they go forward in their career. As I talked to John and his dad, that's kind of the way it came across. My team manager, Kevin Ray, worked very hard on making sure all this is going back and forth. We're still trying to put all the pieces together. We don't have all the sponsorship done. You notice that truck out there said Red Horse all over it. We're millimeters away from a sponsorship deal, but a millimeter away is still away. The one thing I was impressed with, Chad said it two or three times, I've never gone and sat with a driver as much as with John and all I get is, Yes, sir; no, sir; uh-huh; yes, sir; yes, sir. Very polite, very disciplined, incredibly calm in a big race like this. Terry Cook is the spotter. Most of you guys know Terry. He's raced 400 truck races under his belt. Having Terry as a spotter fills in some of the background that John doesn't have. That's what we did is we kind of put a big warm blanket around John and tried to maximize his ability. Folks, you see what happened tonight.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(2-25-2012)
Old 4 Mar 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3035024)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

This topic to discuss the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 06:27 (Ref:3057615)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't wait for Sunday, it's going to be absolutely fantastic seeing NASCAR back at the Rock.

NASCAR.com has a nice article about Andy Hillenburg and the incredible amount of work he's put into the track:
http://www.nascar.com/news/120411/in...urg/index.html
Old 12 Apr 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3057982)   #7
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah. Glad to see racing back at the Rock. Went to my first-ever race there when I was 5 years old.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3058125)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Rock never disappoints. Great track with great racing no matter the series. Shame it fell victim to NASCAR's manifest destiny, but happy to see a return, even it is "just" the trucks. I am sure I'll enjoy it more than the Texas race.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3058161)   #9
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here it is two months later, and John King is still the point leader. 1) Way to go! 2) Who is John King?

This being the Rock, I am expecting old age and treachery to win out over youthful exuberance.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3059789)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best race of the weekend, congratulations to Kasey Kahne - fourth win in five career truck starts. Shame for Piquet Jr. with the late speeding penalty but great job at least recovering to a top-10 finish.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3060047)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Piquet Jnr showing speed - really hope he is successful in NASCAR & eventually makes it thru to Cup...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3060429)   #12
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 21 Apr 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3063231)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Almost time for the start of the SFP 250 at Kansas. Tim George Jr. starts from pole with Jason Leffler alongside him on the front row.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 05:35 (Ref:3063447)   #14
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was actually a dman good race today. Piquet was once again very impressive.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3063561)   #15
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Agreed Fingers crossed the Cup race is at least half as good.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 05:22 (Ref:3064016)   #16
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
^ Well... it was good by Kansas standards, but no comparison to any short track or road course race in my opinion.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3064035)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Piquet was good again - gotta keep up the consistency & cut out the dumb mistakes!
Old 15 Jul 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3106601)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Timothy Peters wins at Iowa...

STANDINGS (after 9 of 22)

Timothy Peters - 353
Justin Lofton - 341
Ty Dillon - 339
James Buescher - 313
Parker Kligerman - 306
Matt Crafton - 305
Ron Hornaday - 296
Joey Coulter - 292
Nelson Piquet Jnr - 284
Old 19 Aug 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3121737)   #19
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Congrats to Piquet Jnr on the Michigan race win, he sure is proving himself on the NASCAR tour - hope he goes good in Nationwide next year!
Old 13 Sep 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3135173)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
STANDINGS (after 14 of 22)

Timothy Peters - 528
James Buescher - 522
Ty Dillon - 519
Parker Kligerman - 507
Justin Lofton - 497
Joey Coulter - 484
Matt Crafton - 483
Nelson Piquet Jnr - 454
Ron Hornaday - 436
Jason White - 416
Miguel Paludo - 411
Johnny Sauter - 397
Cale Gale - 376
Todd Bodine - 361
Dakoda Armstrong - 357
Old 13 Sep 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3135468)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Have not watched Trucks this season.
Surprised Piquet is only 8th.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3135634)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
He has run well & had good finishes, but then also a cuppla bad finishes aswell - been better than 8th tho...
Old 13 Sep 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3135641)   #23
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
He has run well & had good finishes, but then also a cuppla bad finishes aswell - been better than 8th tho...
That's the thing with the NASCAR points system... Avoilding the bad finishes matter so much more than the earning the good ones.

Anyway, am I the only one to prefer Trucks over Nationwide and Cup? I've been watching a few Trucks race this year... Great stuff.

The races are much shorter, which means less time just riding around, if any. The cars seem to produce better racing. The racing seem to be a bit cleaner overall too. There seem to be less fake cautions. There is less stops, which means that strategy/pitstop times have less influence over the eventual results. Etc.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3136028)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
You are not the only one. I prefer Trucks too because of the shorter races and better looking cars. Due to the shorter races it's full trottle from start to finish.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3148514)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Parker Kligerman gets his 1st race win on the Superspeedway - Truck Standings after Talladega...