3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Mar 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3047999)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race : Malaysian Grand Prix

Rate the race...
Old 25 Mar 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3048000)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll give it an eight. The rain at the start was quite exciting, quite confusing, and of course, the Perez/Alonso fight at the end was great.

The red flag brings it down a mark for me.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3048005)   #3
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me as well.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3048018)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
9 from me. Some really good stuff going on in that one.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3048042)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An 8 from me. Lots of action. Nice wet weather racing. The glimpse of a new winner - well nearly. Kept the action going.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3048048)   #6
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8, very unpredictable, very entertaining!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3048072)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 - entertaining thanks to Perez.

Thank goodness for rain.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3048148)   #8
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
The red flag was annoying but everything that came after it, surely made up for it

An 8.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3048269)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6. The season is warming up.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3048284)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Glad I don't have Sky as getting up early to sit around for nearly an hour for the restart would have been a PITA, but watching the Beeb coverage kept me entertained.

Gave it an 8, for the insight it gave into some of the new talent.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3048292)   #11
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Loved watching Perez. Was a bit of a bummer to see Button and Vettel have their issues but love the wet races. Excited about this season.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3048305)   #12
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The red flag ****ed me off so bad... But I still had to give it a 9 somehow
Old 25 Mar 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3048313)   #13
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave the race a 9, I would have given it a 10 if Perez had of won. However the running of the race at that time of day is just absurd, twice in 4 years the race has been red flagged due to weather, You can say this is bad luck, but the people who live around the area say it happens most days at this time of year at that time of day !!!!!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3048326)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Good race, bad conditions...7
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3048333)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6. Points deducted for safety car overkill. What a pity every wet race must be ruined so.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3048336)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
9 - Tricky conditions, loads of great performances and, all too briefly, a battle for supremacy from two drivers you wouldn't expect to have been anywhere near the front.

Also, as unpleasant as it is, I have to admit to a touch of schadenfreude when the blue-eyed boy in the McLaren speared into Karthikeyan. Hamilton is now ahead in the standings, and I for one hope it stays that way.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3048343)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like you Hans.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3048344)   #18
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I don't actually know the rules of F1 today ( please don't laugh at the back), but why exactly did the safety=car come out?

The rain came down, the drivers had a choice of whether to pit and change tyres or not, the slower speeds caused by the slippery track meant collision speeds would have been slower, and therefore safer.

What am I missing? What don't I know? Someone, please. It just seems to have been accepted, so it must be a rule of some kind.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3048347)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
10 for me. One of the most spectacular drives Alonso has ever put in. Perez was a joy to watch until his error. Rain, thin drying race line, lots of passing, drama in the pits, it had everything.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3048349)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Going by recent years, if the track is a bit shiny then standing starts are not permitted.

Heavy spray? Stop the race.

Driver goes off the track? Stop the race.

Driver says any of the following words on radio: aquaplaning/frickin'/ridiculous? Stop the race.

Formula 1 would sooner host a race in a country with diabolical human rights than risk their shiny metal in a bit of drizzle.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3048365)   #21
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.Thought I was going mad.

There was no reason for the red flag - presumably Charlie Whiting or whoever it is thought it was necessary, but god knows why.

Elf and safety gone mad.If the drivers can't cope, they shouldn't be there.What gets me is that nobody seems to notice or complain - it wrecks races. That's "fanboyz" for you.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3048367)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
At the point when the red flag came out, Senna or Villeneuve would've been beginning to consider the possibility of coming in for inters.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3048368)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I mean obviously there are times when a red flag is absolutely necessary. Adelaide '91 for instance.

But they are way too trigger happy now. Let the drivers get on with it.

Oh and...

Quote:
RACE CONTROL: all drivers must start on wets.
Grrr!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3048373)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I like you Hans.
Likewise! I don't dislike Jenson Button, but I know in my heart of hearts that Lewis Hamilton would never engage in 'matey banter' with James Corden, and that's why I'd prefer him to win the title.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3048376)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
The most memorable red flag moment was once again provided by a Ferrari driver, only this time there was no Magnum or Coca Cola in sight. Yes, I'm referring to Felipe Massa, tucked into his cockpit in a fluffy white towel by Smedley. It was sooooo cute!