Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jul 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3107901)   #1
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley DC, Silverstone, August 11th

Another missing event. One of my favourites.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3108013)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have our next FISCAR race there. Should be good fun!
Old 18 Jul 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3108211)   #3
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the great meetings in the calendar.
Silverstone Race Meeting – the programme of races is the usual eclectic mix of Bentleys, Morgans, Aston Martins, Jaguars, along with some 1950/60s grids making a fascinating day of racing. Added to the excitement will be the Bentley Parade and demonstration runs from the EXP Speed 8 Bentley Motors Le Mans car.

Two handicap races for anyone
Bentley race
Equipe GTS
MG, Ac and Morgan race
K. Pelmore race for PW cars
Morgans
Bentley handicap
Fifties Sportscars
Old 19 Jul 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3108373)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Another missing event. One of my favourites.
Like I said at the beginning of the season, if I missed any events just let me know.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3116322)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list http://www.bdcl.org/pdf/entrylist.pdf
Old 7 Aug 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3117257)   #6
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
We have a modest preview plus will be reporting. BDC puts some character into Silverstone.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3117895)   #7
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jason and I will be in the FISCAR race in the Aurelia - last race for that car this season. Jason has taken off the bumpers etc that we have to put on the car for the HRDC races so back to "GT spec". As Peter says the BDC event is always a bit different with wonderful eclectic cars so looking forward to it.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3117923)   #8
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK View Post
Jason has taken off the bumpers etc ....... so back to "GT spec".

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for you now that you've saved all that weight.

Old 12 Aug 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3118879)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I enjoyed the day, the eclectic mix of cars, the weather and the racing.
The meeting was as eccentric as ever
Old 13 Aug 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3119326)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The boy actually finished the FISCAR race.

It was easy.Change driver!

The car vneeds sorting but we will get there.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3119364)   #11
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A really enjoyable meeting to marshal; when they say "allcomers" they really mean it - what a mixture out on track at the same time!
Old 13 Aug 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3119386)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The boy actually finished the FISCAR race.

It was easy.Change driver!

The car vneeds sorting but we will get there.
John, it was better than that. Although we weren't giving out scratch awards, Gareth was 3rd on the road and posted fastest lap, so not too much sorting, please!! He certainly caught the commentator's eye and was hugely entertaining. Great job. Our grid was superb, even though I do say so myself and it was a really nice laid back meeting with a real mix. Will put up pics of some of the races eventually. I'm all behind (no comments please) as usual!
Old 15 Aug 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3120152)   #13
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
John, it was better than that. Although we weren't giving out scratch awards, Gareth was 3rd on the road and posted fastest lap, so not too much sorting, please!! He certainly caught the commentator's eye and was hugely entertaining. Great job. Our grid was superb, even though I do say so myself and it was a really nice laid back meeting with a real mix. Will put up pics of some of the races eventually. I'm all behind (no comments please) as usual!
We should have images and short report on R/S later today.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3120431)   #14
brands
Veteran

A few random shots of the eclectric mix of cars :
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3639.jpg   IMG_3658.jpg   IMG_4167.jpg  

IMG_4199.jpg   IMG_4372.jpg   IMG_4769.jpg  

Old 15 Aug 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3120432)   #15
brands
Veteran

some more:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4672.jpg   IMG_4304.jpg   IMG_4197.jpg  

IMG_3992.jpg   IMG_3652.jpg   IMG_3524.jpg  

Old 20 Aug 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3121984)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics
Old 20 Aug 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3121998)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Nice one, Bob. Sorry we don't get to meet up; my visits to circuits tend to be short flying ones these days! Anyway a few Pit and Paddock shots:-
Attached Thumbnails
BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 003wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 005wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 015wb.jpg  

BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 032wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 034wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 040wb.jpg  

Old 20 Aug 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3122000)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
A few more:-
Attached Thumbnails
BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 046wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 049wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 056wb.jpg  

BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 060wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 062wb.jpg   BDCSilverstone11Aug2012 080wb.jpg  

Old 20 Aug 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3122040)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As ever great photos John.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3122194)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John,
Can't believe we did not occupy the same piece of paddock at the same time, sometime during the day!

Have you shaved of the fuzz?

Anyway I am delighted to see that you are still about, and we must sort out that cup of tea you (probably) owe me at the HSCC, Birkett or Hayes.

Great pictures as always.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3122251)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone got a photo of three wheel Porsche 356?
Old 21 Aug 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3122477)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Bob, more stubble than fuzz these days. I'm told that it makes me look younger, and now that I'm back on the 'market', I need all the help I can get. I think I do indeed owe you a cuppa!

John, it was certainly cocking a wheel on occasions, but not sure I captured it. Will put up more pics later.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3122576)   #23
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John, did we talk to you on Saturday morning near our van - by the 2 DBs (36 & 55) & the Atalanta.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3122935)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Don't think so Chris, as I didn't get there until lunchtime and didn't 'hit' the paddock until later. However, it really is time that we met. I did manage to introduce myself to Chris Guest but he was by his Cooper MG at the time not the Atalanta, which, by the way, I think that you have done a great job on!
Old 23 Aug 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3123455)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Some pics from the Equipe GTS race. After the early retirement of poleman, John Andon in his TR4 (6), Mike Thorne in his Austin Healey 100M (144) appeared to have the race won. However, a superb drive out of the pack (he started 10th) by Till Bechtolsheimer in his MGB (83), not only hunted the Healey down but actually took the lead. Mike fought back to win by a quarter of a second.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0029wb.jpg   IMG_0041wb.jpg   IMG_0052wb.jpg  

IMG_0058wb.jpg   IMG_0059wb.jpg   IMG_0065wb.jpg