Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Dec 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3183043)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personal 2012 summaries

I thought it would be a good idea to do a sort of review of the year by way of categories. Feel free to add some categories of your own, but keep them fairly respectful (there's no need to go too negative).

Best overtaking move: Alonso on Webber, Abu Dhabi. Not one of those enjoyable and prolonged wheel-to-wheel battles, but I'll give him it for the precision and managing to avoid steaming into the car in front. A heart-in-mouth moment.

Best drive: Kobayashi in Japan. I'll throw some sentiment in here, because it may be the last time I can mention him in an F1 race. It was a fine drive thiugh.

Funniest moment: "Yes, yes, yes, yes. I'm doing all that. You don't have to remind me every ten seconds".

Biggest ‘epic fail’ (hate that term, but there you go): Kimi Raikkonen again. Taking the escape road in Brazil and realising it was a cul-de-sac.

Biggest surprise: Maldonado in Catalunya. Sure he's quick, but how did he manage to keep it on the island under pressure from Alonso (unlike Perez in Malaysia)? Perhaps his lack of using his brain at times means he doesn't think too hard and therefore doesn't feel the pressure.

The opposite of a biggest surprise: By this I mean something that didn't surprise you at all, that was expected by you and that happened. That Vettel won a third championship.

Favourite race of the year: Interlagos

Least favourite race of the year: I've done both of these semi-'scientifically' by looking at my 'Rate the Race' ratings. Yeongam (I have it 2, whereas Interlagos got a 10).

Team of the year: Use whatever criteria you like. I'm close to choosing the plucky Sauber, but their radio call to Perez was a nonsense, so I'm giving it to Red Bull for obvious reasons. Their development was second-to-none. Look at that latter part of the year.

Wish for 2013: McLaren to string it altogether for once.