Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Feb 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3208569)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sky F1 Package change

If you don't already have HD or Sky ports then you might want to upgrade NOW !!

Sports needed

If your watching SD at the moment but have an HD Box there is an offer running where you get HD at £5 for 6 months (remaining 6 months at £10.25) but must keep the HD for a new 12 month contract. This offer is only running until and of March when the above linked change comes into play.

Other changes to Sky Go and On Demand coverage apparently are coming soon too.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3208576)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
"F1 to become Sky Sports only"

"Another change for new subscribers is that Sky F1 HD is now only available with a full Sky Sports subscription and HD booster."

OUCH!!!

"Existing subscribers to the £10.25/month HD boost will still get Sky F1 HD without Sky Sports, and Sky said there are no plans to change that in future seasons."

PHEW!!!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3208581)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I nearly wet myself!!!!

Outside of the UK the BBC runs adverts on their websites!

Click image for larger version

Name:	YesReally.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	39430
Old 21 Feb 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3208611)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I nearly wet myself!!!!

Outside of the UK the BBC runs adverts on their websites!

Attachment 39430

brilliant! i really hope someone from the bbc reads that and spreads it
Old 21 Feb 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3208665)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've been doing so for years.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3208670)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They've been doing so for years.
Yeah, well I only just noticed it was for Sky. Normally its something less..... "competitive"
Old 21 Feb 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3208673)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol, I realised what your point was. I was just pointing out that us overseas blokes were aware of it anyway.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3208733)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So literally nothing has changed then? Perhaps it is a sign things may creep away from the current OKish-if-not-ideal price range though?
Old 21 Feb 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3208741)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Yeah, well I only just noticed it was for Sky. Normally its something less..... "competitive"
For advertising on broadcasting in the UK I don't believe one channel is allowed to ban advertising for another. You see ESPN sports adverts on sky sports. Perhaps this is similar?

Funny though
Old 21 Feb 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3208745)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beeb have always advertised Sky.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3210656)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like Georgie Thompson has left sky from reports on crash.net. I don't what difference it will make to the sky watchers.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/188364/...1_in_2013.html
Old 25 Feb 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3210658)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Natalie Pinkham takes over her role. So no difference at all sadly.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3210675)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We were wondering why Nat was co-hosting the F1 show a couple of weeks back.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3210772)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not really a fan of Natalie, nor Fake Jake. Georgie was actually alright even if she was the Steve Rider to Ant's Mark Blundell (I know Ant made a much bigger contribution but he was force fed the sort of 'Just how important is this?'-style lines).
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3210776)   #15
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much prefer Natalie to Georgie, but not in a Sky F1 presenting role.........................
Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3211011)   #16
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Thompson was the only 'pro' on the team imho. She made presenting look effortless. Some sexists may think she wasn't fit for task, but i thought she did a diligent and slick job.

Moving Pinkham into a more prominent role is a mistake. She has built her entire style on being a ditzy 'woo, yeah' girl. She shouldn't front the show, either should Lazenby. He's so awkward and clunky.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3211015)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know what you mean about the 'woo yeah' thing. You've managed to articulate what I wanted to say. Chasing after Kimi down the pitlane screaming his name last year was a high/lowlight of that
Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3211018)   #18
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember we only know Natalie's doing the F1 Show. She's not necessarily doing everything Georgie did last year.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3211830)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Thompson was the only 'pro' on the team imho. She made presenting look effortless. Some sexists may think she wasn't fit for task, but i thought she did a diligent and slick job.

Moving Pinkham into a more prominent role is a mistake. She has built her entire style on being a ditzy 'woo, yeah' girl. She shouldn't front the show, either should Lazenby. He's so awkward and clunky.
Georgie has always done a solid job but nothing special. And that whole Skypad routine with Ant was dreadful stuff.

Georgie could present any show competently without ever actually seeming quite the right choice somehow, I find.

Way better than Pinkham and Lazenby though.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3211933)   #20
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Must be quite a personal thing , I found Georgie a little annoying and did not warm to her at all, i much prefer Natalie . I do see what you mean by the "dizzy woo-yeah" thing though but then the wife can be like that at times ! (luckily she takes no interest in this forum !)
Old 28 Feb 2013, 02:31 (Ref:3212029)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Exactly, I agree with you.