Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3220147)   #1
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzi Perry

Guys

After watching today's GP, which turned out to be better than expected, I feel concerned that the Beeb have made a mistake in appointing Suzy Perry to replace Jake.

There was about as much chemistry between her and DC as between two dead people. She was quite good when she did the bikes but F1.......

Nooooooooooooo !!!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3220149)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out Farr View Post
Guys

After watching today's GP, which turned out to be better than expected, I feel concerned that the Beeb have made a mistake in appointing Suzy Perry to replace Jake.

There was about as much chemistry between her and DC as between two dead people. She was quite good when she did the bikes but F1.......

Nooooooooooooo !!!
Actually, she didn't say anything dumb, annoying or wrong. She seemed to be getting drivers to talk a bit. Give it time for the relationships to develop. But I thought she did a perfectly good job.

Let us not forget, we dodged the James Allen bullet. For that we should be grateful.

Last edited by b1ackcr0w; 17 Mar 2013 at 18:48. Reason: forgot the bit about the cock.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3220154)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah exactly, i thought she made a really good start. she'll grow into it. it takes time to make a job like that yours, and establish a style too.

lawd. you can't please some people.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3220159)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I think she was OK and I don't think that she "replaced"him as such, didn't he leave of his own accord ?
I don't think she was looking for the job but was headhunted !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3220162)   #5
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah exactly, i thought she made a really good start. she'll grow into it. it takes time to make a job like that yours, and establish a style too.

lawd. you can't please some people.
Like many of the assembled masses on 10/10ths, I have been watching F1 for muchos anos. My parents lived in a village that backed onto Brands, so I was a lost cause from day 1.

My Dad got me into watching the early races when they were only highlights in B & W. Muddy and James are still may favourites. I think Ben and DC do a great job.
I accept that Jake was offered a pot of gold by BT to go and talk about football, and that Sky cherry-picked the decent ones left.
But for that sort of anchor job, you need someone with personality.
IMO the Beeb should have called Louise; no contest.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3220168)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought she did a perfectly decent job, personally.....
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3220172)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
She is a good presenter, did a solid job and will only get better.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3220174)   #8
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She did a good job for her new environment.

In quali. she was sometimes a little too laid back which then changed to excitable, today she was more consistent.

She will build her relationship with DC, how EJ engages himself will be worth watching
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3220185)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Shes hot too. Someone had to say it. Everyone's thinking it
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3220189)   #10
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'm not.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3220227)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Her first day in the job? (OK pedantic people, her first two days in the job). I thought she did well. I liked Jake, but I thought she did really well, especially as the qualifying didn't go to the usual format, she coped with that curved ball really well.
As a fully paid up male chauvinist I'd measure how well she did by the fact that I applauded her presenting instead of just thinking how 'hot' she is (which she really is!)
Old 17 Mar 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3220234)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
IMO the Beeb should have called Louise; no contest.
i agreed with you right up till here. i can't agree at all, i'm sure louise is an excellent public relations officer but her presenting work is very... bleak.

i've grown up watching suzi presenting the bikes and imo she was one of the first attractive female sports presenters who manages to be powerful female eye candy and very good at her job too. to be honest, she was (and is) a great role model to aspiring young women looking to be involved in sports television.

she articulates things well, she uses the right amount of tone and emphasis, and she recovers well from stumbles. she also knows what she's talking about. maybe you need to hear someone get it completely wrong, or use way too much vocal variation to try and make what they're saying sound more animated. that'd explain why she's good.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3220237)   #13
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Like many of the assembled masses on 10/10ths ...
Hey. Cool.

I'm not fat, I'm an assembled mass!

Oh, yeah. Suzy Perry. She was nervous. Cut her some slack.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3220247)   #14
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
If this is a genuine concern of yours, i'll happily swap lives with you.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3220266)   #15
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
She is a good presenter, did a solid job and will only get better.
Give the girl a chance she did OK.....

Bladders...
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3220268)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Suzi is a very very attractive woman, I am not familiar with her work, but I do one thing they gave her the job because she has a talent for it, so give her a chance..
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3220269)   #17
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sorry chap, not the right thing to say.....

Bladders
Old 18 Mar 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3220309)   #18
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Saturday she was a bit nervous but race day was much better. Overall I think she did a good job and the relationship with DC was always going to be very different than with Jake. I thought that DC had a bit of a twinkle in his eye at times too ...

Will be interesting to see how she gets on with EJ, but his being 'The Ladies Man', I am sure there will be lots of innocent banter !!!

I think that both them are going to have a really good time with her, professionally speaking, of course ...

Whatever happens, it will be less macho than before and that's always a good thing.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3220357)   #19
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did not see any of the BBC coverage, watched it Live on Sky as I hate recorded sport even more than I hate getting up early.

However this thread is fascinating because it so reminiscent of the discussion after Jake's first weekend, I haven't dug out the old thread to check but I suspect that some of the doubters are saying exactly what they said about Jake, except that I don't recall people commenting on Jake's temperature.

Obviously the new team should be given a chance to gel, and I probably won't watch them till they have as I will continue to watch live. Once the live races on the beeb come round I will certainly be watching the BBC as I'm sure the programs will continue to be head and shoulder above the quality of the Sky efforts and Suzi will be doing a thoroughly professional job.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3220486)   #20
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So where was EJ? I thought Suzi did OK and will be a good presenter. Anyway we are there to look at the racing are we not?
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3220510)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Did not see anything to make me change my opinion of Suzi as a presenter. For first go at F1 thought she did more than OK. Will be more of a test for her when the beeb cover a whole race live- and when EJ is thrown in the mix!

Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3220515)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Downloaded the coverage, will watch it tonight.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3220686)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, just watched the highlights of the qualifying and the race. Really enjoyed Suzi's introduction to the team, possibly a bit "Top Gear" but fun nonetheless.

Throughout the coverage I found her asking positive questions, giving DC the chance to expand on the subject. There were a couple of stumbles but they were so insignificant I can't actually remember what they were.

In summary I liked Jake and I like Suzi, both are obviously professionals and both bring a bit of "innocence" in their approach, which means the experts can show themselves to a greater extent, which is, after all, what they are there for.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3220688)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one Peter. That is the correct opinion.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3220708)   #25
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this knee jerk reaction not the epitomy of the Premiership Football knee jerk reactions we see nowadays?

I thought she was good, for the first show. Can and should only get better. Will see how things hang together this coming weekend..

I've seen Suzi on Moto GP stuff and the Gadget Show. She will get better from where she was.