Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 15 Jul 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3278119)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Car legality

Question for any of you guys that know much about speed events in the UK

Am considering getting a Natty B licence for next year and doing some ACMSC or whatever it is sprints. Hill stuff is all too far away in the South West for the money and this area offer good value and more local events.

Car is a 306 GTI6 and would like to run in standard prod class.

Now, the car has had the interior stripped and a rear cage fitted, but no modifications other than brakes and suspension lowered/uprated.

Does this mean a move into a higher class?

It wouldn't bother me as in a 2 litre car you would be up against the naff Elises, etc etc. But a standard car might at least be able to compete in some situations, but in a modified class it would be largely pointless just competing against myself
Old 21 Aug 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3292359)   #2
Rustyalp
Rookie

Rustyalp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Standard Production classes generally require full interior to be retained and would not permit lowering of suspension, though stiffer shockers may be allowed. You would be in Class 1A without interior trim.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3292366)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kind of pointless now thanks as the car is for sale as I had a very indiffernet response from the clubs involved sald so I decided against it for now.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3293155)   #4
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorrry you have had a naff response as you put it,

Now if you were up in the North West i hope your response would have been very differnt Chester MC is very active in Sprinting, running 3 evetns per year and co-promoting a championship as well

Having said that the stripped interior would preclude any car from running in production class, but a decently prepared saloon should give the elises a run for their money
Old 23 Aug 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3293212)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
As I say, just the wrong car, but to be honest speed events don't really represent value for money in comparison with other motorsports.

As I say car is now sold, so not really an issue.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3297045)   #6
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Speed events don't really represent value for money in comparison with other motorsports.
I'm not sure that's fair or true. In fact, given the wide variety of vehicles that can be entered in speed events, the licence requirements and reduced likelihood of crash damage, speed events can work out as a cheaper route into competition.

My own car, because of the modifications, is often grouped with faster cars but my motive for doing these events is fun.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever racing you try your hand at.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3297071)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
True enough

I did look at trying a few events, but sadly in the lowest class, half the time there are no other competitors, so you are only up against yourself.

Just not very well supported and with having to buy all the gear, works out more pricey than other things I have looked at.