Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Nov 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3335149)   #1
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The final lap, Mark Webber.

As he prepares to start his final F1 GP, on behalf of all F1 fans, I would like to say thank you Mark, and we wish you all the best of luck in your future racing in the WEC with Porsche. You will be missed.

WEBBER'S F1 NUMBERS (prior to the 2013 Brazilian GP)
4 teams
9 wins
11 teammates
12 seasons
13 pole positions
18 fastest laps
41 podium finishes
214 races
611 laps led
1029.5 points scored

WEBBER'S F1 WINS
2009 German GP, Nurburgring
2009 Brazilian GP, Interlagos
2010 Spanish GP, Catalunya
2010 Monaco GP, Monte-Carlo
2010 British GP, Silverstone
2010 Hungarian GP, Hungaroring
2011 Brazilian GP, Interlagos
2012 Monaco GP, Monte-Carlo
2012 British GP, Silverstone

WEBBER'S F1 POLE POSITIONS
2009 German GP, Nurburgring
2010 Malaysian GP, Sepang
2010 Spanish GP, Catalunya
2010 Monaco GP, Monte-Carlo
2010 Turkish GP, Istanbul
2010 Belgian GP, Spa-Francorchamps
2011 Spanish GP, Catalunya
2011 British GP, Silverstone
2011 German GP, Nurburgring
2012 Monaco GP, Monte-Carlo
2012 Korean GP, Yeongam
2013 Japanese GP, Suzuka
2013 Abu Dhabi GP, Yas Marina

Some words from his peers.

Sebastian Vettel: "We obviously didn't have the best relationship on a personal level but in terms of working professionally together for the team it has been very strong. Both of us have tried very hard to improve the car and surely the fact that he will not be around next year will be a loss for the team, a loss for myself, because it has always been a huge challenge.

"I have learned a lot from him and I can stand up straight and say that there were many, many times, many places where I have benefitted from him. You could obviously say the same thing the other way round but, as I've said, we've been extremely successful together."

Lewis Hamilton: "Mark Webber is driving his last grand prix this weekend and I have to say I am really sad to see him leave F1.

"He is one of the nicest guys in the paddock. He is very straightforward, doesn't beat around the bush, always says what's on his mind and he has been great for the sport.

"It has been a real pleasure to race with him. Mark's very fair and we need more drivers like him. We've had some great races together, which I've really enjoyed.

"I really wish him all the best for the future and hope everything goes well for him in his new life."
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3335180)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, looking forward to welcoming you to some real racing next season!
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3335184)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
indeed welcome to real world of racing Mark, see you next year at the greatest racetrack in the world, Le Mans!
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3335185)   #4
321Go
Veteran

Farewells from Alonso, Marko, Horner, Vettel, Newey and Coulthard.

http://www.formula1.com/news/feature.../11/15285.html

Funny how Horner has the least to say, while Marko says most.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3335190)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What Marko says is actually the most interesting, IMO.....
Old 22 Nov 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3335264)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, goodbye and welcome to your new life Mark.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3335273)   #7
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I remember you when you first started in the Minardi like yesterday...
I will most definitely will miss you on the grid. I just hope your bad luck that you have experienced over the years doesn't go with you.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3335293)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, Vettel is staying put........
Old 22 Nov 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3335323)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Yep, I remember you when you first started in the Minardi like yesterday...
I will most definitely will miss you on the grid. I just hope your bad luck that you have experienced over the years doesn't go with you.
Wow, is there such a thing like bad luck ?
Old 22 Nov 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3335373)   #10
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of a write up on Marks career in motorsport from speedcafe.com
http://www.speedcafe.com/mark-webber/

I too will miss Mark on the grid, and the certain bit of "down under" he took to F1. I haven't seen this in Ricciardo yet, but hopefully he comes out of his shell a bit more down the track.

All the best to Mark for his future endeavors and getting a championship trophy locked away in the cabinet!
Old 23 Nov 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3335438)   #11
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I don't really get all these (a bit pathetic IMHO) 'good luck in your new life, Mark' messages. They sound more like a memorial tribute. Mark isn't dying or retiring from racing altogether. He's going on, although in a different championship. He's gonna race at Le Mans, it's (at least in my eyes) comparable with F1. This really shows how much F1 is detached from other forms of motorsport. A commercial machinery living in its own world.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 00:51 (Ref:3335446)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or, they're just being nice. Probably when asked about it.

All these people saying these things are on a hiding to nothing. They will be criticised for saying something, for what they say, and would be criticised if they didn't say something.

Someone left our work recently, he wasn't dead, or retiring, he was going to a better job. We said nice things about him (and meant it). Only difference was that no journalist reported it and until now it wasn't mentioned on an internet forum.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3335470)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, Vettel is staying put........
Old 23 Nov 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3335482)   #14
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahler View Post
Honestly, I don't really get all these (a bit pathetic IMHO) 'good luck in your new life, Mark' messages. They sound more like a memorial tribute.
There's always someone wanting to have a whinge isn't there. Read the messages above, all that I can see wish him luck for his future in motorsport in one way or another. We all know what his future is. I find your comment a bit pathetic IMHO.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3335543)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets hope that mark's return to Le mans is better than his previous visits, I do like him but sometimes it does look like bad luck follows him around, so does that mean Vettel will be joining him at porsche soon
Old 23 Nov 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3335739)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am sad to see Mark Webber leave as he is one of the nicest guys ever to pilot an F1 car..

He is a real *sportsman* and a typical Australian, very down to earth..

Good luck in your new endeavor Mark, you will be missed..
Old 23 Nov 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3335761)   #17
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the best....."Not bad for a No2 driver" Does anyone know if the WEC is shown on the TV in the UK ? A bloke in the pub told me (reliable then !) it is shown on the SPEED channel but I dont think that is available in the UK . Might give the WEC a watch next season .
Old 23 Nov 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3335784)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's been on Eurosport this year. Also there is a very good feed on the FIA WEC website that is surprisingly good.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3335789)   #19
321Go
Veteran

Anyone of you guys in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Think I spotted Stahler and Adam43!
Old 23 Nov 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3335796)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You're mistaken, I didn't make the cut.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3335805)   #21
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's been on Eurosport this year. Also there is a very good feed on the FIA WEC website that is surprisingly good.
Cheers
Old 24 Nov 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3335858)   #22
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Farewell, Mark...and welcome! Can't wait to see Webber dicing with McNish, Treluyer et al. next year in the WEC. He will be missed during Grand Prix though. Mark was a straight-up racer in his GP career, hard and fair and honest about his mistakes. I'll particularly miss the friendship and respect he and Alonso appear to share - the two of them were to be able to put their cars in tenuous situations with each other race after race without coming together because they each seem to know the other will always do the right thing. That, as Fernando says, is 'old school'.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3335976)   #23
321Go
Veteran

Mark's message to RBR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pml6LzTmKWE

Mark will leave the track soon after the race to start work with Porsche tomorrow. At his request, no family, friends or his partner Ann are at the track this weekend. So I guess he isn't expecting to celebrate a win then.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3336030)   #24
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goodbye Mark, and welcome back to sportscars!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3336032)   #25
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Vettel give best to Mark today and give MW his 10th win whilst boosting his own PR image?