Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2001, 16:30 (Ref:159154)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always will love this guy Jean Alesi.

Formula One is obviously changing slowly and you need to accept it, especially when you love the sport
After 200 races, it's not difficult to understand how our sport changes and I understand it is time for me to stop.
Sometimes it's not a question of ability but in this business you can't wait until the moment when you can't drive anymore because you really look ridiculous.
So I will enjoy my race from tomorrow to Sunday.
He said he knew he risked losing his seat when he joined Jordan from Prost in August but took the chance because it offered him an opportunity "to finish in the best way possible and actually that's what's happened.
It's time to stop. After 200 grands prix you need to give the place to the young drivers.
When you love something you never think about stopping. But we have to be realistic. There is a start, there is an end
Sunday night is going to be the end of my Formula One life as a driver, as a fighter.
I will try, because I am not young any more, but I will try to drive in the last race as I was driving in '89," the 37-year-old Frenchman said at the Japanese Grand Prix on Thursday.

Well all this realy give's me a wierd feeling I am sure I am going to miss him he was and still is 1 of the greatest driver in my life.
If I could wish 1 thing it would be that Jean Alesi win SUZUKA tis would be the best day in my life

~~RB~~ Alesi we love you for ever
Old 11 Oct 2001, 16:53 (Ref:159168)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GO GO JEAN!!!

I hope he goes out in style!

Isn't it weird the number of people retiring this year.

Jo Ramirez
Jean Alesi
Mika Hakkinen, we all know it!!
and good old Muzza!!!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 19:02 (Ref:159245)   #3
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he does go out in style - it's about time a Jordan had a good smash up. Sorry folks - I cannot stand the person. There is always going to be someone like me who doesn't like all the drivers.

But give him credit - 200 racers is a good career - Well done on that point.

Alesi smash that Jordan up - give Eddie a big bill that will show him to get ride of you
Old 11 Oct 2001, 21:34 (Ref:159352)   #4
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love him too renaultbel. Take away Villeneuve and Montoya as well and for the first time in 20 years (since I stsrted watching) there won't be a reason for me to follow F1 anymore. Not because I support them, their teams or any other team/driver. Purely because their combination of talent, no nonsense attitude and spectacular driving make all the other bull**** worth putting up with when they are on song.

Forza Jean! And PLEASE don;t become a test/development driver for Jordan. Go to CART and become rookie of the year 2002 and champion 2003 like we all know you can.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 00:34 (Ref:159469)   #5
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jean will go to CART eventually. But he'll wait for the right offer. He wont go begging like Herbert did.

Jean has the ability and the talent to win the title in CART but he needs a good car and thats what he would be waiting on.

We'll see him in CART next season hopefully.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 05:38 (Ref:159517)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The guy has just topped second free. I know he'd like to go out in style, but this is ridiculous. Let's hope he doesn't forget to refuel. I hope he wins his last F1 race. He is too good to stop racing, but politically, he doesn't stand a chance.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 07:12 (Ref:159521)   #7
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i have always had a bit of a softspot for good old Jean. But the one thing i fear is that Rubens Barichello may suffer the same demise. Loads of talent, and only a single race win to show for it. Its a very sad predicament, and i will be saddened to see Jean leave Formula 1. i agree with you all in saying that Jean should go to CART and show off his talent in that series. Goodbye and Goodluck Jean Alesi!
Old 12 Oct 2001, 07:23 (Ref:159525)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jean is brilliant, the F1 paddock will not be the same without him

I hope he winds up on top of whatever category who chooses for 2002.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 07:32 (Ref:159526)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good news for Alesi fans with him being quickest in Friday practice in Japan, maybe he can go out in a blaze of glory.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 21:52 (Ref:159851)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Formula 1 evolved under poor Jean, and it took away much of the opportunity for demonstrating his particular style of car control. Perhaps he's better off out of it.

Now, ChampCars are okay, but I really want someone to give him an endurance racing drive next year. Le Mans 2002 beckons. Come on, Jean. You know it makes sense, and I'll be at trackside cheering.