Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2001, 05:28 (Ref:159953)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Why HHF was fired

I had posted in the thread "Sato to Jordan" my suspicions why HHF was fired. The following confirms my suspicions:
The Independent quoted Jordan's director of business affairs Ian Phillips all but confirming their ulterior motive when he said: "Our long-term strategy is to get ourselves out of formula one's second division and chase a place in the first division. Historically such progress has always been made in conjunction with an exclusive engine supply deal."

While I do not doubt that this move was essential for Eddie's quest for the top tier of F1, the cowardly manner in which he effected the sacking of HHF, not even having the courage to face the driver he was firing, leaves very little for anyone to admire in Eddie Jordan.
I will put a Malacca hex on Eddie Jordan - HE WILL NEVER GET NEAR THE WDC.
Old 13 Oct 2001, 09:48 (Ref:159985)   #2
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like someone had Eddie by the short and curlies trying to get him to show his committment to a new deal...........
Old 13 Oct 2001, 10:26 (Ref:160003)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VB, didn’t you put a hex on Ron last year? If I remember correctly I say you’re quite effective...
---------
I don’t believe this theory. He could hire Sato for 2002 and let Frenzy to finish his season. Or he could hire Sato right from Hungary; if Stoddard could put Yoong in a F1 car I’m sure Eddie could do the same. No, something else happened in Eddie’s motorhome.
Old 13 Oct 2001, 11:21 (Ref:160036)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, anyway I think this can't get worse. Take a look at the press conference on Friday...

Quote:

The Japanese Grand Prix 2001

Press conference - Friday

Drivers: Mika Hakkinen (McLaren), Heinz-Harald Frentzen (Prost) and Alex Yoong (Minardi)

Team personnel: Ron Dennis (McLaren), Eddie Jordan (Jordan) and Craig Pollock (BAR)

Q: Eddie, you said that you're hoping to find a job for Jean Alesi; have you any idea what you will do with him?

Heinz-Harald FRENTZEN: First it's me, huh? First you have to find a job for me.

Eddie JORDAN: It's a bit of a delicate situation up here. I'm not speaking to Heinz, I'm only speaking to his lawyers at the moment. We were very conveniently sat beside each other on the plane coming out here, so that was quite nice. Jean, Jean I think, as we already know, has done 201 Grands Prix (Ed's note: 200 at this stage). I personally feel he's a fantastic guy. I think Formula One will lose if he doesn't continue in some form. He will be an asset to this business and if I can give him a position that gives him his integrity and continues in the style and the position that he's able to do a meaningful job then I will be very happy to do so, but it's very early. We're all dreaming at this stage. Look, we've had a very difficult last couple of months and I'll be very pleased when it's over then I shall have time to think about what we can do.
Ouch...

Old 13 Oct 2001, 11:48 (Ref:160045)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
VB, didn’t you put a hex on Ron (Walkinshaw) last year? If I remember correctly I say you’re quite effective...
......and whose cars did a Minardi qualify ahead of today?

Eddie had to fire HHF, and put his spare driver in a position where the guy could be dispensed of quietly later on without anyone suspecting his intentions. Then along came Jean Alesi saying he would drive for nothing; and jean was easily disposed of because he wasn't on any contract for next year.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 13 Oct 2001 at 11:53.
Old 13 Oct 2001, 13:23 (Ref:160071)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

......and whose car did a Minardi qualify ahead of today?

:confused: Enge's? Well, a whole year is long time, and my memory is not like it used to be once Still, your hex WAS efficient!

Last edited by Red; 13 Oct 2001 at 13:26.