Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Nov 2001, 06:54 (Ref:176695)   #1
ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
Rookie

ABHIJIT ABRAHAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time To Decimate That Insolent Jap

DAVIDSON HIT THE BARRIER AND NARAIN IS BACK AND GUESS WHATS IT WITH CARLIN AGAIN, REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR - YE GODS I CANT WAIT .
MY MONEY IS DEFINITLY ON HIM.
FRANCESCA JUST BEAT ME TO THE POST
Old 20 Nov 2001, 08:11 (Ref:176706)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Narin beats Sato in Korea this year I'll be absolutely amazed..
Old 21 Nov 2001, 11:33 (Ref:177193)   #3
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Satos learned quite a lot since last year. Narain is in for a shock.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 12:35 (Ref:177208)   #4
pitbit
Rookie

pitbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Narin wins, i'm fed up of hearing about Sato. He hasn't learned that much apart from how to fork out shed loads of money... i think he has talent but has been hiding behind his bottomless budget. Narin should show him how its done before Sato hits F1.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 12:43 (Ref:177213)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err..

Have I missed something here... why is everbody raving about Narin?? He was Mr 'Particularly Average' in British F3 and has been even more average in Formula Nippon this year.

How can you claim that Sato has spent loads of cash to get places, when you support Narin - who has probably spent a good deal more and got 'not very far'??

Seems a trifle bizarre..
Old 21 Nov 2001, 14:10 (Ref:177257)   #6
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, the British, they love a winner don't they? Also, "insolent Jap" as in the title of this thread - why? O had spotted that Narian is something of a favourite with ABHIJIT, but what has Taku done that could be considered insolent? Is going off and comfortably winning the British F3 championship insolent behaviour, I suppose it must be as he only did it to make Narain look bad

I would disagree with Dan though, I'd class him as Mr. Average with occasional flashes of brilliance, IMHO.

Last edited by Marshal; 21 Nov 2001 at 14:11.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 14:16 (Ref:177259)   #7
Doc Savage
Rookie

Doc Savage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd class Narain as above average and will be very interested to see how he fares in Korea. Bear in mind he knows the track well and won last year.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 18:52 (Ref:177372)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Narain isn't bad but he's nowhere near as good as Sato and doesn't deserve an F1 drive. Mr Abraham has clearly allowed nationality to blind him to Narain's driving weakness.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 08:20 (Ref:177989)   #9
ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
Rookie

soft corner when it comes to narain

the first time i ever went down to a racing track i was 12 i saw a young 16 yr old cut through the field at the start before being mucled out. that 16 yr old was narain . a couple of years later the elf racing school came over with a group of formula campus drivers and narain was asked to drive one of the cars (ryo fukuda was in that class) and they wernt even a patch on him . nationality has nothing to do with it , i am the first person to critise him on his web site when he messes up .a pity about anthony davidson though a friend of mine whos watched a couple of rounds of british f3 says they guy is on the ball
Old 23 Nov 2001, 11:06 (Ref:178042)   #10
Speeedo
Rookie

Speeedo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Abrahim is suffering from National Pride Syndrome. But hey does anyone blame him, Narain will win Korea this year, and all of us will cheer the win. Narain was a very good F3 driver, if only it wasnt for his team-mate at Stewart being the favourite inside the team, Narain would have won the 2000 C'ship.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 18:42 (Ref:178207)   #11
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yopu don't become an insolent brat by winning races, you do it by being a pain in the neck and I don't know if is done that and how would i but I don't think the has.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 10:37 (Ref:178935)   #12
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, does narain's 9th place constitute the decimation of that insolent Jap?

No, thought not. So the dominant Carlin cars, with their massive exhaust flames, special braking systems, et al, were suprisingly lacklustre.

sure im sure their were reasons - but you would imagine with such a vast technical advantage, that any driver lucky enough to be in Sato or Davidson's machines would be there or thereabouts in the final results?

especially a race where British 'best of the rest' drivers like priaux and hayes feature so prominanetly.

maybe the Carlin cars aren't all that after all?
Old 26 Nov 2001, 15:24 (Ref:179016)   #13
ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
Rookie

egg on my face

egg on my face and well a ninth place finish at least saw him in the list where he hadnt figured all weekend
Old 26 Nov 2001, 22:19 (Ref:179165)   #14
old skool
Rookie

old skool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: egg on my face

Quote:
Originally posted by ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
egg on my face
yes...lots of smelly rotten egg.
Old 1 Dec 2001, 19:40 (Ref:181016)   #15
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How the hell anyone can anyone call Taku a insolent jap ????..the bloke is one of the most polite drivers ive ever met....full of talent...and the quickest driver by a long way in f3 this year.....unlike Narain (who is a quality driver ) , but only ever seemed to really flourish at Brands Hatch in F3 , and wasnt the most consistent driver around !.
Old 2 Dec 2001, 09:25 (Ref:181138)   #16
jmt
Rookie

jmt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was watching channel 4 yesterday morning, and they had some powerboat racing on. Takuma had a guest spot as driver in one of the boats (the series was Honda 4 Stroke Power Boat Racing). Finished 3rd in pretty bad conditions, and made some more experienced drivers look a bit silly.

Looks like his talents shows through when he gets in anything with an engine.
Old 2 Dec 2001, 12:54 (Ref:181214)   #17
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jmt
Was watching channel 4 yesterday morning, and they had some powerboat racing on. Takuma had a guest spot as driver in one of the boats (the series was Honda 4 Stroke Power Boat Racing).
Yeah i saw that too!!!!