Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Dec 2001, 00:11 (Ref:185688)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
X Box

anybody know anything about microsoft's X Box.
It apparently is on its way to Australia sometimes next year and as Ive still only got a Playstation One I am thinking of upgrading...Playstation 2 sounds fine but I would like to know more about this X box....
is it a DVD player as well ?
what kind of games will be available for it ?
is there some kind of hard drive that will come with it ?

basically what the heck is it all about ?

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 15 Dec 2001, 19:49 (Ref:186274)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I am biased, the PS2 is the better all round package. The X-Box is also a DVD player and I believe will come with a built in Hard Drive and Modem but that doesn't really matter when there are not really any 1st rate games of GT3, GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid 2 standard. The only half decent game on the horizon is Halo but when everything is considered Metal Gear Solid 2 will be a better game anyway. I bet you bought your PSone because it had a fantastic range of A-list games, the PS2 is the same and with it now being over £100 cheaper ( ) than the X-box will be it is the obvious choice for me.

Like I say I am biased because I bought a PS2 about 5 months ago, but I have not regretted it for one moment, the fact is that games sell consoles and the PS2 has the best games.
Old 24 Dec 2001, 01:22 (Ref:189275)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Upgrading to a PS2 is a far better idea - the catalogue of games just keeps on getting better - you now have the likes of Silent Hill 2, Jak and Daxter, Gran Turismo 3 and the MIGHTY Grand Theft Auto 3 available for it, and next year sees the release of MGS 2, Final Fantasy X AND TOCA Race Driver.

Okay, so you poor folks in Oz won't be getting GTA3 (they've banned it!!!) but otherwise that's a damn good choice of games.
Old 26 Dec 2001, 01:54 (Ref:189626)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
why has grand theft auto been banned in oz ??????

anyway Ive decided not to go for either ..im just gonna buy a DVD stereo system which will suit our needs better than a game console
Old 3 Jan 2002, 08:40 (Ref:193109)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTA3 has been banned in Australia due to the excessive violence and the entirely unsociable nature of the game.

However, the game was banned some time AFTER it was released and it is illegal to sell it in stores, but not to own it. Therefore those who bought it legally can make heaps by selling it on the blackmarket.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 14:04 (Ref:193237)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grrrr... The X-Box is getting improved versions of Silent Hill 2 AND Shenmue II - two of the best games of the year. The final Shenmue chapters are also apparently going to be X-Box exclusives. If that's how it's going to be then I'll probably end up with a 'box AND a Gamecube. DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!

Last edited by Minardi fan; 3 Jan 2002 at 14:05.