Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 10 Feb 2002, 10:18 (Ref:213570)   #1
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ive notice in a couple of other forums that arnt as good as this that you can have a small picture ( Avatars )underneath your name in each post you make....i think these are quite good idea .....

i wonder if we can get them put on 10 10ths ..

anyone else agree ?..
Old 10 Feb 2002, 10:47 (Ref:213582)   #2
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure - the ones I have seen look a bit tacky... I might be worth a thought from the main man. But I think he'll turn around a poss say um.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 11:40 (Ref:213617)   #3
SILVERS95
Veteran

yeah....i know what you mean , some do look abit tacky , but i thought most of them were quite good....the difference with this forum is that most of the people here are quite decent...we dont get many stupid posts on here , where as on other forums the language and posts can be quite silly....these are probally the same people that use the tacky avitars .......just a thought !
Old 10 Feb 2002, 12:31 (Ref:213655)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting idea... the signature feature is definitely a step up, this might be as well... I agree it depends on what type of avatars people would have, and at the same time, the final decision should be based on whether or not they would make the forum look messy or not. I'm undecided whether or not this would be a good idea...
Old 10 Feb 2002, 12:35 (Ref:213658)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The possibility of avatars was mentioned in another thread about 2-3 weeks ago.

I like the idea, but as far as I'm concerned, I would want to upload my own. Most of those I have seen are tacky (as others have already commented).

I saw on one board a posting qualification for using your own avatar, something like, say, 500 posts before you could use your own?
Old 10 Feb 2002, 12:37 (Ref:213662)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or what about half a year's membership or something. We have some highly valued members here who are on 2-300 posts and have been members for years.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 13:40 (Ref:213712)   #7
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay: this little chap would be mine ...

Bob Marley
Old 15 Feb 2002, 12:28 (Ref:216428)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Avatators would be great - 1 year membership or 500 posts, which ever comes first? Must be ten-tenths approved...how 'bout that?
Old 15 Feb 2002, 13:58 (Ref:216485)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A certain number of posts would be good in the case for avatars. Not sure on them though. :S

Another area which I think needs addressing is the Cool Sites forum. Is there anyway you can stop members udner say, 20 posts posting new topics in there, but sill let them reply to others?
Because every other day you are guarenteed a post advertising the brand new members site, and you never see these members again.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 15:39 (Ref:216539)   #10
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or even worse, they come back to advertise their site every few weeks. It's not like I feel overwhelmed by them, but it's mildly irritating that when you look at all their posts and they all go something like (sorry to single out a particular user), "Win cool prizes on F1play.com" without contributing anything else.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 15 Feb 2002, 20:49 (Ref:216720)   #11
SILVERS95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
Yep, Avatators would be great - 1 year membership or 500 posts, which ever comes first? Must be ten-tenths approved...how 'bout that?
that sounds the best idea so far...that way , we can have them , but get rid of the tscky ones before they even get on the site
Old 16 Feb 2002, 02:13 (Ref:216931)   #12
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
yeah, tahnks Silvers, I think that'd be best as well - maybe the admins could consider this and get back to us soon?
Old 16 Feb 2002, 12:42 (Ref:217091)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i have an AVATAR on another forum, and i for 1 think that they are a good idea!, although it's easy enough to find someone by name, i generally find that a picture is even easier to see in regards to knowing who is online!

going on to the subject of tacky pics.......if someone finds a pic tacky or offensive even, then maybe a request could be made to the forum moderator, and a poll put forward, with genuine reasons for and against why the AVATAR should stay or go!

p.s.does this sound too political? i can see myself getting ripped to shreads on this one!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 12:47 (Ref:217093)   #14
SILVERS95
Veteran

No..thats not such a bad idea...if anyone thinks that a avatar is tacky or offensive , then they could just report it... .i dont think we should have a poll or anything , but just leave it to the Moderators....they can then keep it all looking neat and tidy.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 20:24 (Ref:217326)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe there can be several to choose from that the forum chose, but you can have your own as long as its approved.
Old 26 Feb 2002, 13:29 (Ref:222888)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there any more news on the possibility of avatars, or are we discussing something which definitely isn't going to happen?
Old 10 Mar 2002, 18:46 (Ref:232298)   #17
SILVERS95
Veteran

come on Moderators , can we have a answer on this subject ! we would like avatars please .
Old 10 Mar 2002, 20:44 (Ref:232427)   #18
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERS95
come on Moderators , can we have a answer on this subject ! we would like avatars please .
How do you know? Only 9 members joined in this thread!
Old 10 Mar 2002, 22:48 (Ref:232486)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Better Avatars than Signatures-I'm getting bored with them already.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 07:31 (Ref:232625)   #20
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Well, I see no problem having both - the signatures on this forum are very intrusive, hell I don't even read them.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 08:05 (Ref:232636)   #21
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one problem. Individual Avatars for almost 4000 members would mean a huge drain on the server resources. It would take an enormous amount of hard drive space to store them all, and loading them constantly would eat bandwidth, thus driving up the cost of the server. If I was the one paying for this, I surely wouldn't go for that. I like the idea of having Avatars, but I would not want to pay the bill for the increased bandwidth usage or hard drive space.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:00 (Ref:234496)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, only just found this topic.

I have decided against allowing avatars for a number of reasons - I think they look tacky, and they slow down page loading speed.

DNQ, there is an option in your forum preferences that allows you to switch off signatures if you wish.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 08:56 (Ref:234841)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
hear hear - not all of us are on cable connections folks. Cable internet connections and ADSL and all that good stuff are simply not available to the domestic market. On top of that, I have to share my home bandwidth with MrEP over the network - which isn't ideal on a copper dial up no matter how good your modem.

Have a bit of mercy on us bandwidth poor relations!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 19:28 (Ref:239544)   #24
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please ..please, we just gotta have Avatars! I BEG you to reconsider!
Old 22 Mar 2002, 18:20 (Ref:241783)   #25
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ssslllllooooowww llllooaaddiingg tiiiimmmeesss.......