Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Feb 2002, 01:34 (Ref:216251)   #1
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray Walker for ITV?

From Autosport.com-
"Q: What have you got planned for the future, Murray?

"Well, the first thing is I wouldn’t be doing anything at this time of the year anyway because there isn’t any racing, so I’m not even going to be aware of the fact I’ve retired until the Australian Grand Prix at the earliest when I’m sitting at home watching it. But I’m doing my autobiography (Unless I’m Very Much Mistaken), I’m doing a big video this summer, I’m doing a lot of work for one of the major sponsors in Formula 1, I’m going to be doing some work for ITV as well, so I haven’t retired, I’ve just changed my job specification."

Could this mean that he's back for the BTCC for a few races?
Old 15 Feb 2002, 12:08 (Ref:216419)   #2
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't suprise me if he does a bit of interviewing for the champoinship, carn't see him returning to commentating though.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 12:14 (Ref:216423)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would think it's quite likely he'll do a few guest analyst spots for ITV. Like at the British GP.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 13:34 (Ref:216463)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He'll be involved one way or the other probably, without the commitment of every race. Besides, BTCC has only 10 rounds compared to F1's 17 odd, so it would'net be that hard.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 13:52 (Ref:216479)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
from www.ITV-F1.com (via www.autosport.com)

Murray has signed for us," ITV's Head of Sport Brian Barwick told itv-f1.com. "I didn't want to lose the wisdom of Murray Walker, I wanted to retain him because he's been a very important part of the reason why ITV were able to successfully take the sport from another channel. He was the continuity of it all.

"Secondly, Murray loves the sport and, although I'm sure he gets 30 invitations a day to attend every grand prix, I didn't want to lose his association with ITV. He's a very important person to us.

"Every three of four races Murray will give his overall perception of how the season is going. Which driver and team is impressing him, which aren't, which has been the best race, et cetera. And he will also be our special studio guest during the British Grand Prix weekend."
Wisdom.

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Feb 2002 at 13:54.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 18:54 (Ref:216613)   #6
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray aint doing the BTCC I can assure you of that, he has signed a deal to do other work for ITV based around F1. His other TV deal is to do a 5min summary after every race for Orange Arrows. He will also be doing Top Gear, which starts 4th March.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 21:38 (Ref:216776)   #7
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh okay. I figured, "What the heck, why not see what everyone else thinks?"