Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2002, 00:43 (Ref:238866)   #1
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now they shake hands.

It was good to see how at the end of the race Ralf waited for Montoya and then helped him oput of the car and gave him a well deserved shake of hand. It seems both williams drivers have smoothened their relation, this is good, because it will help willimas become a strnger team.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 00:46 (Ref:238867)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i've noticed tha rafe and jpm seem to have "cooled" their relationship just lately, sky viewers may have noticed during the oz race rafe saying " ask juan and see what he thinks!" this proberbly wouldn't have been said last season!

to get a proper insight into this new relationship, lets wait till jpm gets his next win!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 00:59 (Ref:238875)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair, most of the 'problems' were probably invented by the media or by people on this forum! I always thought they were good team mates, but that was it.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 01:01 (Ref:238878)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i think your right adam, but then if they were the best of friends the media (and us!) wouldn't have anything to type about!!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 11:07 (Ref:239157)   #5
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am of course hoping that rs and jpm sort things out, but are you sure it will last?
Seeing as though this is only the second race of the season, i am not sure if it can be a correct judgement seeing how early in the season. If rs and entered the parc ferme before jpm and jpm won the race, do you think ralf would have done the same thing? i hope so, but probably not, i think the relationship that ralf and juan showed was mainly caused by the first ever 1-2 for bmw.

I hope Ralf and JPM can maintain a healthy relationship, it will make them a stronger team, and with the strength of the drivers, i dont think they want to both be against each other.

We will just have to wait and see until later on in the season.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 12:10 (Ref:239209)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
at the end of the day, likes or dislikes are not important, it's how they work together that counts, and thats what will bring them success! 1988 and we saw the start of the dislike between senna and prost, but they still had a "healthy working relationship" and it won them 15 of the 16 races, (and that should have been 16 if not for an accident at monza!)
Old 19 Mar 2002, 12:48 (Ref:239241)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I don't think they were overjoyed with each other on teh podium. Ralf seemd to be more interested in his brother. JPM was not interested at all.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 13:43 (Ref:239285)   #8
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I agree on podium description! In fact, there is not a genuine podium joy between teammates in F1 (or between drivers in general): MS-RB are just polite one to another, same was with MH-DC. Actually, I think RS-JPM relation can develop better (or considerable worse) than the formers, because Juan and Ralf are not as PC as MS-RB-MH-DC. Maybe we can get some truthful joy between them in the future!

How different comparing to FIM bikes podiums (sometimes) or Champcars or... etc
Old 19 Mar 2002, 14:31 (Ref:239321)   #9
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought DC got on well with Hakkinen, but I never really started watching the celebrations until recently, so I wouldn't particularly know. I'd have thought that they'd be a bit tired after giving it all you've got, but then it's not me in the driving seat is it?
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 19 Mar 2002, 20:38 (Ref:239600)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I don't think they were overjoyed with each other on teh podium.
None of them seemed too energetic on the podium during the champagne celebrations - I assume they were all a bit drained from the race. But when Montoya took his trophy Ralf was clapping him very enthusiastically - that and their handshake in parc ferme seem to show that they don't hate each other the way the press would have us believe.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'