Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Mar 2002, 20:15 (Ref:243882)   #1
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montreal race Info...

Well...if you bought tickets to last year's Canadian Grand Prix, you have received or will receive an order form for Molson Indy Montreal tickets.

The first thing I noticed is that track is exactly the same as the one utilized by the Formula One in June. I thought the two series didn't want a direct comparison like this? Anyway, that's what they'll get! There isn't really room to make any changes to the track anyway...

The grandstands are about the same as for the GP...but with a few missing... Prices are lower than the GP, but higher than the Vancouver or Toronto Molson Indys... with golds at $245, silvers at $195, Bronze at $110 and the regular grandstand 40 at $75. General Admission is the same as for the Grand Prix...

Anyway, I'm a little disapointed of the higher prices, but will still likely come down for a day or two to check it out. Montreal's a great place to watch a race, so I'd encourage others to come down too...

Last edited by Jay; 25 Mar 2002 at 20:16.
Old 25 Mar 2002, 22:59 (Ref:244062)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hrmmm.... there you go, sounds interesting- thanks Jay

Now can I open the can of worms- what is the difference in lap times going to be??
Old 26 Mar 2002, 04:09 (Ref:244214)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehe...that's where I was going... back to the F1 vs Cart thing...

It's hard to say, but with this circuit where so much of it is acceleration and braking, I'd have to give the nod to F1. Cart may have a slightly higher top speed down the back straight, but not over the rest of the course.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 Mar 2002, 06:46 (Ref:244251)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Doubt if a ChampCar could touch an F1 car on any circuit that has a right-hand turn. Unless they were racing Verstappen.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:34 (Ref:244342)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh, good thing I'm appearing as Media and won't have to pay those nasty prices.

No really, that is not a bad price, only $40 higher than my silver grandstand in Toronto. I haven't received the letter yet but have got about 5 from Toronto!
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:43 (Ref:244352)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can i come too Liz?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 28 Mar 2002, 04:13 (Ref:245633)   #7
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jay, funny thing, I just popped in here to put up a topic to ask about the CART race! Thanks for the info. I haven't talked about the race yet with my wife re summer plans, but I would really like to go, as I have never seen the CART cars, and would very much like to hear the turbos in their last year.

Liz, I really think that you need a photog to take press shots of any interviews you can wrangle!!!

That is quite a surprise that they will be running the track in the same config. As you said, it doesn't make sense to try to change it space wise, but I too thought that it was a no-no to have a comparison. Obviously, the times would be slower. More weight, less efficient brakes, etc but who cares. I'd find it exciting to see the cars and drivers in real life, as I've been following it just as much as F1 for the last bunch of years, and who knows, this year may end up being a cracker as well.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 04:48 (Ref:245659)   #8
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jay, funny thing, I just popped in here to put up a topic to ask about the CART race! Thanks for the info. I haven't talked about the race yet with my wife re summer plans, but I would really like to go, as I have never seen the CART cars, and would very much like to hear the turbos in their last year.

Liz, I really think that you need a photog to take press shots of any interviews you can wrangle!!!

That is quite a surprise that they will be running the track in the same config. As you said, it doesn't make sense to try to change it space wise, but I too thought that it was a no-no to have a comparison. Obviously, the times would be slower. More weight, less efficient brakes, etc but who cares. I'd find it exciting to see the cars and drivers in real life, as I've been following it just as much as F1 for the last bunch of years, and who knows, this year may end up being a cracker as well.