Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Apr 2002, 08:50 (Ref:258722)   #1
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 on C4

If you did not know already the British F3 of 4 race at Brands has been on at 7am this morning. It is repeated at 1.55am Monday morning. Nice times for every one to watch, and I bet they complain about viewing figures. The British GT championhip is on at the same sort of time next weekend, time to set the video for it then.

Why they had to put it on this early I do not know, ok we do have the GP qualifying on at around the same time as F3 was on last season (11.30) but why not have the programme on at 11am. oh no football takes over again.

Any way this is what I think of the programme, not bad coverage, got a good balance of the action/info/etc. Darren Turner (was it?) did not seem as good a presenter, but was ok doing commentating.

Anyway what does everyone else think?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 10:10 (Ref:258768)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage wasn't as good as last year. I prefer the Amanda Stretton/Martin Haven/Ben Edwards combination.

Seems I'll have to make do with the current lot, as thiose 3 are all doing other things now.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 10:39 (Ref:258797)   #3
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damm , i missed it . , have to tape the middle of the night repeat .
Old 13 Apr 2002, 18:09 (Ref:259189)   #4
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bugger - missed this and the BTCC last weekend - will have to tie a knot in something to remember!!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 19:15 (Ref:259226)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Man, u guys are useless!!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 19:25 (Ref:259230)   #6
Is It Really?
Rookie

Is It Really? should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Slater done an excelent job with the commentary, hes a cool guy too... whats the problem? At Donnington the track commentry is good... Ian Tichmarsh and co keep giggling too much to understand them!

Ben Edwards is a brilliant commentator, also a cool guy, he must be too busy with his F1 stuff for Sky to do it!

Liam
Old 13 Apr 2002, 20:46 (Ref:259269)   #7
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben was at the same meeting with ITV doing BTCC, and I think it's all to do with contracts you simply can't commentate for 2 channels in one day without trouble.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 21:06 (Ref:259290)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't seem too bad, although I did prefer last years coverage.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 19:22 (Ref:261379)   #9
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is that for the F3 race we had to rely on the camera positions for the BTCC race, very bad positions, perhaps Donongton will be better, can only hope!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 22:23 (Ref:261557)   #10
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No you didn't!

Channel 4/BHP took their own cameras and chose their own positions for the F3 and GT coverage, even though Granada (who were filming everything else for ITV) offered them the chance to use their cameras (they had lots more of them). Channel 4 said they didn't want that.

From what I gather, Granada filmed the F3 and GT races themselves anyway - it would be interesting to see how their coverage would have compared, but as nobody is ever going to see it, we can't.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 05:45 (Ref:261752)   #11
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sceptic
No you didn't!

Channel 4/BHP took their own cameras and chose their own positions for the F3 and GT coverage, even though Granada (who were filming everything else for ITV) offered them the chance to use their cameras (they had lots more of them). Channel 4 said they didn't want that.

From what I gather, Granada filmed the F3 and GT races themselves anyway - it would be interesting to see how their coverage would have compared, but as nobody is ever going to see it, we can't.
From what I could see of the ch4 coverage the camera positions were the same, in the past there would have been at least 3 cameras covering the start, not relying on a camera placed on top of a building or halfway thru paddock.

But the coverage of the startline coulda been better, also there was no roving camera work in the pits. I withhold judgement at the moment.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 12:45 (Ref:272287)   #12
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I taped the first F3 programme then I couldn't find it on the tape - strange. But I caught this weeks programme (thanks to an overdose of Red Bull from the night before, I was still up!).
I thought the coverage was great and the cute little grid animations were cool.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 16:59 (Ref:272574)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DAMM , ive missed it again !!!

is it repeated at all ?
Old 28 Apr 2002, 19:37 (Ref:272710)   #14
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tonight at 1.20am
Old 28 Apr 2002, 22:01 (Ref:272854)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
It was good racing. Shame Jouanny had trouble.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 10:52 (Ref:273119)   #16
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks sceptic

recorded on video , just watched it....thanks again
Old 29 Apr 2002, 18:55 (Ref:273518)   #17
Little
Rookie

Little should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I went to Donnington for the F3... it was a brilliant race... but when I see it on TV it was so much better... and I spent the time in the press office, with commentry, live timing and pictures... Steve's commentry was much better than that of the circuit!

Oh well... if only they had the programme on for longer...

Little
Old 29 Apr 2002, 19:01 (Ref:273526)   #18
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Little
Well, I went to Donnington for the F3..... Steve's commentry was much better than that of the circuit!
The thing about the TV comentary is that it is scripted for a 10 minute slot, whereas at the track it is reactionarry and dependant on where you are viewing from.