Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Apr 2002, 09:24 (Ref:274039)   #1
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Saleen?

Just read that the Saleen ,ay not be at Silverstone for round 3 of the British GT Championships. This is because Graham Nash is driving in Le Mans and is apparently needed in Prequals this weekend. Although i must say i was initially happy by this newss (anything to see the Speed 12 closer to 1st) i must say id rather see the Lister, Saleen and TVR (optimistic?) battling for honours fairly. Ah well what can you do?
If the Saleen doesnt go i think the Lister should have it all its own way at Silverstone with the TVR second after batling with the Ultima's. What does everyone else think?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 09:26 (Ref:274045)   #2
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
Oh and good luck to Simon and Martin. Im sure theyll be up there fighting for honours and can take another class win!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 11:58 (Ref:274250)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Saleen, Where'd you read that?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:18 (Ref:274279)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still want to know what happened to the second and third Listers that were apparently to be entering the series. We need more cars in the series.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:28 (Ref:274295)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
I still want to know what happened to the second and third Listers that were apparently to be entering the series. We need more cars in the series.
It's simply down to money, I believe that you need a largish budget to rent a Lister. I agree, the series does need more cars.

It is possible that there could be 2 or 3 out at Silverstone this weekend, but they are more likely to be in the FIA race than the British GT. I'm waiting to see the entry list, nothing yet seems to have been published.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:31 (Ref:274296)   #6
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
i read it in Motorsport News, made a mistake to begin with it will be Ian McKellar Jnr. DOH!

" The Graham Nash Saleen S7R may not appear at the next round of the British GT Championship because regular pilot Ian McKellar Jnr is considering offers to contest the Le Mans 24 Hours."
Interesting hey jason?

Pink, where did you read that, i heard something about a second car in British and a third in FIA but not a third in Britain. I agree tho, more cars would be better, more TVR's in particular!

On another note did anyone else hear about the extra 40-50bhp that the no.14 Lister had in Magny Cours? Sounds interesting!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:44 (Ref:274317)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The sensible money appears to be on McKellar driving for RML at Le Mans (as I understand it).
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:52 (Ref:274328)   #8
jase
Veteran

There is a RML Saleen entered in LM prequalifying (or whatever its called), and I recall reading that Joons was planning to go to Le Mans earlier in the year.

As for the Listers, there are 2 in the FIA event, and the possibility that the British one could race in the evening race at the weekend seems promising. Hopefully, the FIA cars will enter the race on Sunday a bit of turnabout seems fair! Hoever, there could be a homologation problem due to differing regs between the FIA and British series.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:54 (Ref:274331)   #9
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
yeah Ian McKellar Jnr drove the Saleen last year, but..... they already have a full line up apparently, sounds like he has had more than one offer!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 21:01 (Ref:274860)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
McKellar tested the Kondo Dome at Snet yesterday! Its been busy there for the last couple of days - the dsc editor caught up with MG and KnightHawk there today!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 21:08 (Ref:274866)   #11
jase
Veteran

Graham,

You're in th know, any chance of 3 Storms in a single race this week end?
Old 1 May 2002, 08:29 (Ref:275169)   #12
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was at the start of the season. Dave Pinkney and the Lister driver who won the only ISC race were being considered for a secod car and there were two others who I can't remember.
Old 1 May 2002, 12:15 (Ref:275496)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by TVRfan
yeah Ian McKellar Jnr drove the Saleen last year, but..... they already have a full line up apparently, sounds like he has had more than one offer!
A full line up for Le Mans?

Pray tell, what is it then - as if it's been announced, I've missed it (as have Maison Blanche and GL24).
Old 1 May 2002, 12:18 (Ref:275503)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just picked this up on DailySportCar.com:-

No. 9 on the Le Mans entry list is the Kondo Racing Dome.

We understand that this ex-Nielsen chassis will be run by the Chamberlain Group, under the direction of the big man's no. 1, Derek Kemp, with support from some of John Nielsen's team (as they know the car so well).

It was shaken down at Snetterton yesterday, by Ian McKellar, who will be in it at the Test Day, along with Masahiko Kondo - the Japanese singer and variety artist who drove a Chrysler-Mopar last year.

McKellar made his prototype debut in Bob Berridge's Lola, at Round 1 of the FIA SCC this year.

So it looks like Mckellar has got a protype drive for Le Mans ! ! !
Old 1 May 2002, 18:36 (Ref:275791)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

So it looks like Mckellar has got a protype drive for Le Mans ! ! !
If they don't pick up a very strong third driver for that car, he might be better off in the RML Saleen!!
Old 1 May 2002, 18:39 (Ref:275793)   #16
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
looks good for Lister at the weekend then!
Old 1 May 2002, 19:53 (Ref:275872)   #17
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Saleen missing, the Stealth B6 cars should have a shot a victory
Old 1 May 2002, 21:21 (Ref:275960)   #18
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
mmmmmmm, maybe(?) wont be putting my money on them. not that i have any, poor student and all that. I reckon itll be Lister, Tvr, then the Stealths with Martin and Simon winnig GTO closely followed by The Shane Lynch Tuscan. What does everyone else think?
Old 1 May 2002, 21:37 (Ref:275964)   #19
jase
Veteran

TVRfan, gotta agree with you, the Tuscans of Shortie/Pullan & Lynch/McLoughlin look likely for GTO, but Lockie/Davies have the new Ferrari this week (i think) so as they have been knocking on the door so far, they also could be in with a shot.

The Lister could be in with a shot followed by the Speed12, but could the Skylines which are tipped to enter give them a run? But the Stealths, yeah, sure! they've not been on the pace so far, long odds.
Old 1 May 2002, 21:40 (Ref:275966)   #20
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
the skyline meant to be fast then? I thought they were gonna be GTO? Must be wrong! SHOCK!
Old 2 May 2002, 06:05 (Ref:276127)   #21
jase
Veteran

DSC has them as being entered in the GT class.

The team, Teledata, and organisers need to agree on the size of restrictor, they wil be at the nest official test, and then hopefully should be at Knockhill.