Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 May 2002, 09:10 (Ref:280045)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
BTCC at Mondello - Camping and Tickets

Hi folks,

Ok I was speaking with Mondello Management this morning and here's the details:

There will be showers on site (brand shiny new ones at that!)
Campsite will be down at Gate 1 and fenced off and water facilities will be available
Motor home space is available as well
Charges for camping are to be confirmed but they will be a nominal fee for ticket holders

Ticket prices for the event are as follows:
Saturday €20 (admission only)
Sunday €25 (admission only)
2 day €40
Paddock Transfer €3 (1 day only)
Grandstand €5 (1 day only)

Gold Ticket Pack
Sat/Sun/Paddock/Grandstand
€55

Tickets will be available online from 20th (www.mondellopark.ie)
Alternatively, you can be book now by telephone on the ticket hotline +353 45 860024

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it but have a great time and you'll be all clean and shiny whilst you do!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 8 May 2002 at 09:12.
Old 9 May 2002, 19:59 (Ref:281262)   #2
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: BTCC at Mondello - Camping and Tickets

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Ticket prices for the event are as follows:
Saturday €20 (admission only)
Sunday €25 (admission only)
2 day €40
Paddock Transfer €3 (1 day only)
Grandstand €5 (1 day only)

Gold Ticket Pack
Sat/Sun/Paddock/Grandstand
€55
Gotta love that ticket pricing. 2 days admittance is €40, two days paddock pass is €6 and two days granstand pass is €10 - all adding up to a grand total of €56......

BUT...

..if you buy the Gold Ticket Pack at only €55 then you can stand to save a massive €1 overall.

WOW - What a deal!!
Old 10 May 2002, 07:42 (Ref:281522)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
*shrug* works out at just under STG£34 - how does this compare to similar packages at UK circuits?

*curious*
Old 10 May 2002, 19:09 (Ref:282108)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not up to date on grandstand prices, but a few years back, grandstand seats at Oulton Park were £9 for the BTCC.
Qualifying day at Thruxton was £8 and usual on the day race day prices are £25 quid at all circuits. Thruxton is the only circuit which charges for Paddock Transfer and that's a tenner.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:45 (Ref:305706)   #5
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait

13 days to go and counting
Old 7 Jun 2002, 20:09 (Ref:307712)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

16 days for us

We're booked and ready to go! I Have your number, EvilPumpkin so will phone when we are there

Old 9 Jun 2002, 15:45 (Ref:308687)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You can't make it EP ?! grrrr.... even I can make it now; you gotta come!

Anyone got any decent directions from Rosslare ? The only ones I can find mention a narrow bridge ?! Just *how* narrow is it ?! And is there a detour to avoid it ? Also, any idea on time from the port to the circuit ?
Old 9 Jun 2002, 18:52 (Ref:308730)   #8
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the only bridge I know of is near Mondello and the brickwork has various paint colours from Vauxhall etc last year. But there again, if they can get the lorries through then so should you
Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:08 (Ref:308748)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nice one Les - thanks. The vehicle I will be driving is 8' wide - I'd imagine the race transporters will be around 9' so we should be okay
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:27 (Ref:308890)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Craig, I don't know what directions you have, but if it's the narrow bridge going up to Mondello, you shouldn't have a problem - race transporters go over it all the time and seem to manage ok - it hasn't collapsed so far.......

I am very unlikely to be there, for a number of reasons that I won't bore you with, but I may be able to make it up to the circuit one evening to say hi as I'd hate to miss yiz all and don't forget you're supposed to be bringing me a 10-10ths hat!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:51 (Ref:308934)   #11
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Great, delighted you guys are making it over. You will get to meet myself, wickedwitch, PPitstop and the rest of the gang and who knows maybe EP might be able to go afterall. Hope the weather is better than this though
Dont forget to bring plenty of sunblock - Mondello can be very breezy and even on a dull day I have left the tract like Larry the Lobster so bring plenty..
Old 10 Jun 2002, 10:42 (Ref:309397)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Also water/fizzy drinks/adequate food supply. If last year is anything to go by (and events this year for that matter), the circuit catering will either require you to take out a mortgage or supply them with body parts for the privilege of procuring a rather soggy burger and a warm coke.

Old 10 Jun 2002, 10:57 (Ref:309412)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Are you sure about that EP. Last year I thought the food was very good and very reasonably priced, especially compared to what you get at UK circuits.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 11:31 (Ref:309441)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well I have limited experience with UK circuits so I don't know how it stands up against them, but they've recently been charging €2 for a bottle of coke compared with around €1.25/€1.50 in the shops and the price of a burger and chips has been varying from anywhere from €5 to €8 depending on who's serving.

Last year for the BTCC the van in the paddock was charging nearly double what they would normally charge. I ended up paying IR£10 for a rather lacklustre roll and a coffee.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 18:35 (Ref:309883)   #15
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that sounds pretty normal for a BTCC meeting
Old 10 Jun 2002, 20:43 (Ref:309993)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
it is?

eeek!

ok then!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 21:14 (Ref:310026)   #17
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Recently some marshals were charged 9 euros 50 cent for a burger (which was horrible) chips and small coke, the next marshal served by the SAME lady was charged 8 fifty, next marshal 9 euro and so on. All bought the exact same stuff and were charged ridiculous prices and all charged differently. Sorry folks, but this is not the norm. JJ'S in Caragh village do rolls and sambos and are open from about 7 or 7.30am
Old 10 Jun 2002, 21:59 (Ref:310075)   #18
PPitstop
Rookie

PPitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are coming to Marshal, please let the chief Marshal know beforhand so he can post you.
terry.holmes@mrmci.com
At present we have approx. 20 marshals form the UK and NI.
If you do marshal, you will get a free lunch and drinks for the day.
There is also a BBQ and disco on circuit from 9pm to 12 midnight on the Sat. night. The drivers have also been invited.
Come and have some fun.
If anyone is having problems with B&Bs please let me know as we have some reserved with discounts for visiting marshals.
Contact me at
paula.anderson@mrmci.com
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:49 (Ref:313048)   #19
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello is getting nearer
Old 13 Jun 2002, 21:59 (Ref:313113)   #20
Lorna
Veteran

Hehe
Old 13 Jun 2002, 23:26 (Ref:313158)   #21
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by WoodyTJ
Mondello is getting nearer
Geologically unlikely, my dear
Old 14 Jun 2002, 00:13 (Ref:313172)   #22
Lorna
Veteran

Smartie pants!
Old 14 Jun 2002, 13:11 (Ref:313530)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
This is the timetable for the weekend according to the Motorsport Ireland website:

Timetable

09:00 Legends Qualifying
09:30 BTCC Practice
10:20 Formula Ireland Qualifying
10:50 Ford Zetec Qualifying
11:30 BTCC Practice
12:20 Historic Tourers Qualifying
13:45 Legends Heat 1
14:15 BTCC Qualifying
15:10 Formula Ireland
15:55 Legends Heat 2
16:20 Heritage Tourers Sprint Race
16:55 Ford Zetec Race
17:25 Legends Final

SUNDAY

09:30 Legends Heat 1
10:00 RT2000 Qualifying
10:35 Legends Heat 2
11:00 Pits Walkabout
11:10 MG Precision Driving Display
12:15 BTCC Sprint Race
13:15 Ford Zetec Race
14:00 Historic Tourers Endurance Race
14:45 Legends Final
15:30 BTCC Feature Race
16:30 Formula Ireland
17:25 RT2000 Race
Old 14 Jun 2002, 13:34 (Ref:313546)   #24
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yaaay!! Touring cars and feet!!!
Old 14 Jun 2002, 13:49 (Ref:313554)   #25
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Feet? :confused: