Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jun 2002, 11:59 (Ref:304341)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Gear Motorsport Magazine

Picked up a copy at COmbe yesterday. Concentrates solely on club racing / motorsport.

Looks decent enough and has some good reports.

Comes out monthly and costs £3.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 12:11 (Ref:304349)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's brilliant!

Chris Y and Maisie brought a copy back for me from Knockhill, and I'm subscribing for sure.

Any magazine that has a two-page full colour feature on the last VSCC meeting, as well as an analysis of the MG Midget in club motorsport is worth £3 just for that alone. Not to mention detailed, informative race reports, and tables of finishers that extend beyond Autosport's inadequate top-six. I'm one very happy bunny.

Make it work, people!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 12:16 (Ref:304350)   #3
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Tim said, we got a copy at Knockhill when Chris signed on, and I have to say I'm impressed! It's comprehensive, entertaining, colourful and well laid out and produced. I hope they can get coverage beyond just at circuits as that would rather be preaching to the converted - if they can get it out to local shops it might catch the eye of some newcomers to the sport
Old 4 Jun 2002, 14:09 (Ref:304456)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get subscribing!!

Even contains infomrative reports of sprints / hillclimbs - without just concentrating on the lead runners..
Old 4 Jun 2002, 14:12 (Ref:304460)   #5
johneturbo
Rookie

johneturbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey guys that sound just the mag i'm looking for
as i'm hoping to do some club racing next season..
so the more info i can get the better as i don't want to learn the hard way!!
is there anywhere on the net that you can subscribe??
Old 4 Jun 2002, 14:22 (Ref:304470)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Don't think so...

But telephone 01299 401177
Old 4 Jun 2002, 14:50 (Ref:304494)   #7
johneturbo
Rookie

johneturbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanx dan
i'll give them a call
Old 5 Jun 2002, 08:43 (Ref:305071)   #8
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The website is http://www.ingearmotorsport.co.uk - they've added race reports in the last couple of days which are much more comprehensive than anything that I've ever seen in Autosport or MN.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:21 (Ref:306302)   #9
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great mag I have the autosport but find most of it a bit boring but this with all club meetings loads of pics and write ups is great. Keep up the good work lads.
And I look forward to the page on marshals you said you was putting in.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 12:02 (Ref:311481)   #10
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, deserves supporting and is an excellent magazine.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 17:42 (Ref:311797)   #11
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it will also be a good forum for us clubbies to maybe get things done? It also looks like a good place to sell cars because its more direct to the right people.

Matt
Old 25 Jun 2002, 17:18 (Ref:321397)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope enough people support this magazine and make it worth their while .

Ive subscribed for the next year , looks damm good !

£36 isnt bad either .
Old 27 Jun 2002, 15:21 (Ref:322915)   #13
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got my first copy today (June edition). Think it is superb. Am looking forward to next months already!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 14:54 (Ref:323679)   #14
ingear
Rookie

ingear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingear Motorsport Magazine

The staff at Ingear want to thank you for all your kind words of encouragement about the new magazine. We are pleased that you like the layout and content. We will be covering all aspects of MSA motor sport and we are grateful to you all for passing the word about. If you have any ideas or suggestions for articles or features, we would like to hear from you. If anyone would like further information about Ingear Motorsport we can be contacted on 01299 401177 or via our E-Mail enquiries@ingearmotorsport.co.uk
Old 28 Jun 2002, 16:03 (Ref:323738)   #15
phutchens
Rookie

phutchens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we help Ingear?

I have also read Ingear magazine and agree that it is exactly what club motorsport needs. I think it is in all our interests to ensure that they succeed!!
How can we help them - any ideas?
Maybe we could distribute it locally for them or suggest places that could sell it on their behalf.
Perhaps we know businesses that want to advertise with them.
Maybe we have parts/cars for sale that they could advertise for us.
The more we spread the word on this, the more copies they sell and the more people advertise with them - the more likely they are to succeed!

Old 28 Jun 2002, 16:09 (Ref:323742)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I have emailed them already with several ideas and one thing I asked about was stickers. Anyone involved in club racing will want to help promote this initiative and if they were to give out stickers then I am sure a *lot* of competitors would race with them on their cars. I will let you know if I hear anything on that front...
Old 29 Jun 2002, 08:58 (Ref:324142)   #17
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
The second edition was better than the first (which I was dead impressed with). Some marshals commented on the lack of captions with photos - I see that has been addressed.

Good to see stuff on sprints / hillclimbs, what about an article on the various championships around the country? Marque champs and regional ones (like the ACSMC and ASWMC).

Graig, Like the idea of stickers.. and I'm sure I could find room on the Midget for one.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 13:00 (Ref:325111)   #18
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just subscribed, I'd been thinking that we (National Motorsport) needed a bit of a better magazine, apart from the 1/2 or 1 sentence we get in Autosprout and Motoring News.. Brilliant!! Just hope they do really well - looking to send them race reports from the races that I attend.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 11:25 (Ref:327612)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
ooooh I just got a copy in the post. This is GREAT!!!

They're currently looking for people to provide reports and photographs for Mondello and Kirkistown if there are any budding Irish reporters around!
Old 5 Jul 2002, 21:13 (Ref:327929)   #20
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you buy it through newsagents? Or, is it subscription only?
Old 5 Jul 2002, 22:16 (Ref:327947)   #21
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Scillitoe
Can you buy it through newsagents? Or, is it subscription only?
I think they are planning to provide limited circulation outside of subscriptions, being sold at major Motorsport areas - e.g. circuits, but probably not your high-street newsagent.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 10:18 (Ref:329222)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Peter, may as well sign up for the Subscription - STG£36 for the year including postage.

I just signed up and they're sending me the back issues as well

I just hope they're not going to use the subscription money to subsidise the purchase of the industry standard "marshallator"!
Old 10 Jul 2002, 13:00 (Ref:331071)   #23
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've leafed through my two copies - they're excellent!! If you're doing National Motorsport, know someone who is or just interested in it I recommend that you subscribe to this magazine - it's got lots of content and loads of photos.

Conversely I've just picked up MN and it doesn't even mention our races once!!! They've squeezed the whole weekend in to half a page... :-( Bearing in mind that there were 8 championships racing and they all had double headers, most of the room is taken up with results... Whereas Ingear featured one weekend over two pages and all of the Championships got a review and results.

EPS

:-)

and no I'm not in any way connected with Ingear!!
Old 10 Jul 2002, 15:23 (Ref:331149)   #24
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I couldn't even find the write-up for Croix in MN in the local magazine library (aka WHSmiths) I assumed they just ignored it as it was at a foreign circuit - I shall look again next time I'm in town. BTW, EPS, did you get your name in this week?
Old 10 Jul 2002, 18:21 (Ref:331250)   #25
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's unusual for an MN report to be shorter than 400 words, and I would guess that the average Ingear report is only 600-700 (I know, I've written some of them) so the difference is not as great as you might think.

The difficulty with MN is that it has to do more than Ingear is trying to do, so there is less available space. Believe me, Matt James (National Racing Editor at MN) would like to have more space, it's just fighting to get it that is the problem.

And of course, it's the same people (like myself) contributing to MN, Autosport and Ingear now...

Ian Sowman