Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Jun 2002, 21:16 (Ref:323934)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Half Term Reports

Here we are, half way through the BTCC season already and I'm not sure I know where the season is vanishing to, we seem to be getting through it far too quickly.
Anyway, it seems a good time for people to offer their half term reports. Is there anyone who has surprised you in the BTCC? Any teams / drivers you expected to do better and any that have not met your expectations?

I know he's not had long in the car and so it's probably not fair to judge, but so far Carl Breeze certainly hasn't excelled. I can't really say there's any other big disappointments, apart from the non-showing Alfas and Lexus. How many times do we need hype that a car will be in the series only to be let down.

Nice to see the Edenbridge BMWs out on track, surely a BMW had to be a welcome addition to Production. I had thought that Tom Boardman might have calmed down a bit this season, but he does seem to be on a bit of a personal BMW destruction derby. He's always entertaining to watch though. Personally I have a theory that he's secretly being paid by our very own TimD to reduce the world's tally of Beemers

After all the fuss about Tom Chilton pre-season I can't really say I've bothered to form an opinion on him.

It would be nice to see more of the MGs and Hondas taking race wins, at least MG proved at Silverstone that they could do that and the Honda seems impressive, will they take a win before the season is out? The TAK MGs seem to be turning into a pleasant surprise (apart from being silly at Thruxton that is). Hopefully they can repeat their Mondello qualifying performances.

One of my high points of the season has to be Oulton Park and that first win for Paul O'Neill. I think he's proven to the doubters that he deserves that drive.

Now, I can't finish without mentioning Team B&Q - I know a lot of people here were hoping for good results, but these podium places that keep cropping up really are marvelous
Old 28 Jun 2002, 21:34 (Ref:323942)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
+ Marks to/for:

Matt Neal
Paul O'Neill
Team B&Q
Full Grids
Atomic Kitten Racing
MG winning a race!
Andy Priaulx getting a decent drive

- Marks to/for:

Too many Safety Car Periods
Carl Breeze
GR/TMSR for broken promises

and everything else I've forgotton!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 21:58 (Ref:323960)   #3
nicker less
Racer

Seychelles
nicker less should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey you copied my thread from......somewhere else!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 22:57 (Ref:323980)   #4
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have to say that aaron slight has excelled in the privateer class! if only barwell had more money then he wouldnt have missed quite as many races due to damages!