Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:51 (Ref:391292)   #1
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly Williams Drivers

You all whine about team orders with Ferrari.I suggest people take a look at what happened with Montoya and Schumacher today and at Monza.Neither are prepared to work work tyhe team and drive like school children.At the front of the grid,Ferrari have team orders and look at where they are.I would like to hear what the so called critics of Ferraris team orders think about this.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:53 (Ref:391295)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I wondered when it would be that we were graced with your prescence again Schumacher.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:54 (Ref:391298)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least they race each other.... I'd rather they do that then what Ferrari did.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:55 (Ref:391301)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems like both the brothers stuffed up today then .
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:58 (Ref:391312)   #5
Schumacher
Racer

I dont see how you can justify what the Williams drivers did.John Watson on the tv said that Williams like seeing their drivers race like individuals rather than as team mates.Well if they believe that is racing then they will never win a championship.What Ferrari do at least gets them the championships and not egg on their faces.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:59 (Ref:391313)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what, Schumacher, you're advocating the team orders we see from Ferrari every fortnight?? (and I am Tifosi till I die!!) Be real.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:00 (Ref:391316)   #7
Schumacher
Racer

Today was not team orders Tristan.But supposing it was,it would make sense rather than punting each other off on lap 1.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:01 (Ref:391318)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
williams drivers???....im dure only one williams driver lost it , and clouted into the other Juan !
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:01 (Ref:391320)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say they are in the sport to race. RS made a mistake that happens. Anyone (besides Ferrari fans) will appreciate people racing each other. Sure it was unfortunate but that is what happens with two determined drivers. If it was Ferrari then RB would have lifted. Is that racing? No! That would have been a dance.

Sure Ferrari is doing what it takes to win titles. However its teams like Williams and drivers like JPM that still make the sport enjoyable. Good job JPM to come in 4th and also JV. I guess the Hondas arnt the lump that they were in the start of the season. Its a shame it has developed so late.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:01 (Ref:391321)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher
John Watson on the tv said that Williams like seeing their drivers race like individuals rather than as team mates.
And what does John Watson know? Patrick Head said after the race that he and Frank will be talking to both their drivers!
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:02 (Ref:391323)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I dont see how you can justify what the Williams drivers did.John Watson on the tv said that Williams like seeing their drivers race like individuals rather than as team mates.Well if they believe that is racing then they will never win a championship.What Ferrari do at least gets them the championships and not egg on their faces.
No, Williams have never won the championship before ... They are a racing team and one of the few of them in this series that tries to represent itself as actual motorsport.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:07 (Ref:391339)   #12
Schumacher
Racer

Oh please come of it.Some of you old-school folks need to wake up and get over the fact that we are not in the 50's anymore.

A real racing team wins races and doesent ruin each others race in the first corner (2 weeks ago) or in the first lap.(today)

Ferrari race hard and race with a plan.Williams believe in putting one driver in direct competition with the other and encourage their drivers to do what it takes to beat the other one.Well,the results are plain to see.It causes 2 drivers to have an accident as Head said and both were perfectly willing to squeeze each other hard and not give way rather than work together for the team.

That is why Ferrari are Champions and Constructors championships since 1999.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:11 (Ref:391353)   #13
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another "mucho macho" manouver by Juan that ends up in an "ayeee caca!!" outcome for the team.

It would seem that the Scuderia doesn't have much to worry about from the Williams team next year as long as Juan is there...do they??.

Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:13 (Ref:391359)   #14
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would prefer see Williams RACE and crash, then Ferrari CRUISE and stage comical finishes like today.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:18 (Ref:391371)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Oh please come of it.Some of you old-school folks need to wake up and get over the fact that we are not in the 50's anymore.
Quite right Schumacher. Spot on, you don't need to have any kind of racing instinct to stage finishes. Just a business sense.

Quote:
A real racing team wins races and doesent ruin each others race in the first corner (2 weeks ago) or in the first lap.(today)
Mind you, to do that you have to be able to count. It was the SECOND lap today.

Quote:
Ferrari race hard and race with a plan.Williams believe in putting one driver in direct competition with the other and encourage their drivers to do what it takes to beat the other one.Well,the results are plain to see.It causes 2 drivers to have an accident as Head said and both were perfectly willing to squeeze each other hard and not give way rather than work together for the team.

That is why Ferrari are Champions and Constructors championships since 1999.
They do run for the team and in most sportsmen's eyes they use their advantages in order to reduce the sporting side of the championship.

Doesn't make those people old fashioned or even old.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:20 (Ref:391376)   #16
Schumacher
Racer

Well dnq then you will continue to see Ferrari RACE and WIN and bury their opposition at Williams for the sole reason that Williams are a bunch of clowns.Ferrari will continue to dominate until Mclaren get their act together.Make no mistake about it,Mclaren like their drivers to race as well but are much more concerned with team performance rather than pushing their 2 drivers to do all it takes to beat each other.

Ferrari and Mclaren are the most succesful teams in F1 for a reason.They race hard but put team performance ahead of all else.

Peter, just a figure of speech

Last edited by Schumacher; 29 Sep 2002 at 20:21.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:21 (Ref:391379)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by RT
Another "mucho macho" manouver by Juan that ends up in an "ayeee caca!!" outcome for the team.

zzzzzzzzzzz....ooops..sorry dropped offf there for a bit !

Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:26 (Ref:391393)   #18
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another "stupid" manouver by Ralf that ends up in an "ayeee caca!!" outcome for the team.

Whatever "ayeee caca!!" means...
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:27 (Ref:391395)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by RT

Watch it again fella, from the side on angle, Rafe lost it going into the corner and hit JPM.

A question for you, In Nurburgring JPM did the same as Rafe did today, spun and hit DC, and you all blamed JPM, So how can JPM, who was effectivley in the same position as DC was at Nurburgring be at fault? At least JPM had some sort of excuse, tryes that had gone off and a major dip in the road, what excuse does Rafe have?
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:35 (Ref:391404)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
To even make out Juan was at fault just shows that some people really are talking out of their bottom !
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:37 (Ref:391405)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yup. This one looked to be Ralf's mistake... Wow - did you see the look on Head's face after that happened????
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:37 (Ref:391406)   #22
Schumacher
Racer

Trust some Montoya fanatics to try and divert the blame.The blame was equal.They are both a pair of morons.They tried to take each other off at Monza.They put the squeeze on each other there.And today Ralf made the better start then went on to squeeze the Columbian and just at the end of the lap Montoya goes for a stupid move on his team mate who had the inside line.They both braked very late and Montoya again squeezed Ralf who did not back off and kept his foot in the throttle which caused him to spin.

They both looked like clowns and silly little school boys who cant stand being behind the other.Montoya is a lucky bunny to have an undamaged car because he also deserved to have been put at the back of the field.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:38 (Ref:391410)   #23
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was RS's fault but it was more a racing incident than a bone head incident. Two drivers giving it thier all. That is racing. I am not a RS fan but I am not gonna bash him either for making a mistake.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:41 (Ref:391415)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
As a Juan fan, at first I thought it was Juan loosing his cool again and charging into another balls out move, but the latter replays showed that it was Ralf who lost it and clouted Juan. As much as it pained me to see Juan forced off, it was not Ralfs fault, as it was a mistake, though Juan was ahead on the track.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:42 (Ref:391418)   #25
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RT

It would seem that the Scuderia doesn't have much to worry about from the Williams team next year as long as Juan is there...do they??.

But of course it was JPM's fault. I mean, doesn't he know that the Williams cars have a very strong attactive magnetic force?!?!? It was obvious that when he tried to overtake ralf, and despite giving him plenty of room, the magnetic forces would prove to be too great causing Ralf's rear to slide as the magnetic forces cause both cars to "stick" together.

When will these drivers learn about the basics of magnetic force?!?!?