Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:55 (Ref:391930)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Who do you support?

Forgive me if this has been done before but I haven't seen it since I have been a member. Its is sometimes really obvious who people support but I thought it would be interesting to see who supported who and maybe have some reasons. Also your history with the sport?

I cant remember the 1st race I watched. But I remember supporting Senna and Ill remember where I was for that infamous weekend. I grew up watching Michael race his first race and will always remember the hype about him then and him blowing his clutch at the start. I have always been a fan of his and adopted the teams he raced for. When Irvine was his team mate I tool a liking to him as well and heres hoping he does well in Jaguar if he stays there next year. Barra is there now and I really like the guy. He is always willing to talk to Martin Brundle on the grid. After what happened to Senna I really did not want to support Williams. Was based on facts just felt that way. But when they got the new BMW engine and looked like they could come up and challenge the Mclarens and Ferrari it was nice to cheer the underdogs on. I am both Ecstatic and sad about Michael winning the WDC. When he passes someone I jump for joy but when he is lapping almost everyone cept himself I must admit it is a bit boring... But is that his fault?

Anyways so if I had to make a list...

It would be Drivers: Teams:
M.Shumacher Ferrari
Irvine Williams
Barra Jaguar
Massa Sauber
Ralf Arrows RIP
Delarosa

Massa is on my list for the fact that he was a pizza delivery boy and guess what I used to do hehe... They should do more talent searches in places like that :P

Anyways.. hope a few people here take a bite at my bait...
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:26 (Ref:391964)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm...

Heidfeld and Webber
Sauber and Minardi
Old 1 Oct 2002, 09:20 (Ref:392852)   #3
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Who do you support?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cougar21
When he (Michael) passes someone I jump for joy but when he is lapping almost everyone cept himself I must admit it is a bit boring... But is that his fault?

I certainly agree with that statement of yours and for supporting him and Ferrari
Old 1 Oct 2002, 11:30 (Ref:392947)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McLaren & Sauber & Minardi

Drivers,

Hakkinen (I will continue to, despite the fact HE'S RETIRED)

Coulthard, Frentzen, Heidfeld, Fisichella, Panis
Old 1 Oct 2002, 11:36 (Ref:392952)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost, Rosberg, Lafitte, Hunt, Piquet and occasionally Mansell. And of course St. Gilles.

Oh, you mean in the current field? I'll get back to you in 2005.
Old 1 Oct 2002, 11:42 (Ref:392957)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of the current field;

Webber (He's Australian)
Irvine (The only non-boring driver out there)

I'd also support any drivers that decide to get into a Senna/Prost style rivalry, if we had a rivalry at the moment it wouldn't be as boring, it is too friendly at the moment