Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Oct 2002, 20:54 (Ref:409637)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Rod Birley !

Just thought id send my good wishes to Rod for his win at Brands Hatch on sunday .

I believe he said that was his 250th win ??.....

well deserved Rod , We always get plenty of enjoyment watching you at Brands.
Attached Thumbnails
birley 2.jpg  
Old 21 Oct 2002, 21:48 (Ref:409705)   #2
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Message from Sue: "Thanks for the good wishes you probably heard us cheering him on....it was actually 350,time to give up but maybe not."
Old 22 Oct 2002, 05:42 (Ref:409923)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
350 !...i probally miss heard because of all the cheering !...

nice one .
Old 22 Oct 2002, 06:53 (Ref:409946)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Rod.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 08:40 (Ref:410004)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Rod and thanks for the waves as you went by. I had Evil Pumpkin on post with me all weekend, did you not see alien marshal hanging from the post?
Old 22 Oct 2002, 08:53 (Ref:410015)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
350 rod - thats a bit greedy innit - can I have one!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:57 (Ref:410697)   #7
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Yes I did, thats why I slowed down at the end to have another look. Thanks for all the good wishes guys, hope to do more next year,it is getting tougher,but I have a good little team helping out. If ss collins wants any help on race prep. or set up we would gladly help.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:13 (Ref:410708)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done Rod and on your tally of wins!
Good to chat the other day.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:21 (Ref:410714)   #9
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play, well done.

Incidentally is that just outright or class wins too ?

I bought a book the other day, as is my want, it's called "Racing with Production Cars". The cover is the 1976 Race of Champions and the window sticker says "Rod Birley".

You've weathered well!

;-)

Stacy
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:47 (Ref:410741)   #10
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been a long time Rod, congratulations. Nice to see we still have some successfull gentlemen drivers in British motor sport.
Old 23 Oct 2002, 18:37 (Ref:411487)   #11
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was at post 1 Rod, was it me ,or was the back end wanting to meet the front on the last few laps in the rain...?
Well done for a great race, hey, that Mk1 was a bit quick too....
Old 23 Oct 2002, 19:02 (Ref:411505)   #12
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Rod, as I said to you in my e-mail, you are a good sport in helping a fellow driver to race again on Sunday.
Old 23 Oct 2002, 19:16 (Ref:411526)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I thought you looked great Rod - I particularly like the gout of flame every time you got to the bottom of the hill out of Druids! And the waving was lovely too!

Well done!
Old 24 Oct 2002, 10:17 (Ref:411976)   #14
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah nice one rod - I may bring the two seater to you when it needs setting up.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 21:40 (Ref:412654)   #15
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Message from me, Sue, the MRS. Hello everybody. So its you lot that has given my hubby in interest in computers and surfing the net. You all sound really nice.

I have at last finihsed the web site with the latest reports written by yours truely. If you have a mind to take a look at the gossip page as well as the links on the calender.

Snetterton next on November 10th (Bleak!)
Old 24 Oct 2002, 21:47 (Ref:412658)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Um website address?
Old 24 Oct 2002, 21:51 (Ref:412664)   #17
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Rod, I will be at Snetterton on the 10th marshaling, and I look forward to seeing you race, wrap up warm it gets very chilly!!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 03:47 (Ref:412841)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i bet it is blimin chilly to say the least at Snetterton in November.....i think i would have to keep going to sit down in the Little chef across the road to warm up !

good luck !
Old 25 Oct 2002, 07:09 (Ref:412900)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sue.....website address please dear!!!!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 08:16 (Ref:412934)   #20
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
www.hotrodbirley.care4free.net
Old 25 Oct 2002, 09:04 (Ref:412959)   #21
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Thanks "redshoes", and sorry about the spelling mistakes last night, too many glasses of wine...hic! (Sue)
Old 25 Oct 2002, 09:09 (Ref:412962)   #22
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Oh,the wins are all outright but do include short circuit racing (only hot rods though). Incidentally the hot rods did race occasionally on the Indy circuit at Brands and are due back there next weekend Nov.3rd.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 20:09 (Ref:413573)   #23
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't pack up yet Rod, old man Sugden is much older than you and still winning and that Marshall (Marshall not marshal!) is still on about coming back now his knee has been repaired!
Old 1 Nov 2002, 17:20 (Ref:419591)   #24
ern
Rookie

ern should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi as a new member but one that has sat back and viewed before, there is a question I would like to ask, Rod out of the 350 wins how many were at brands or lydden ?.

I remember seeing some earlier threads regarding your races and would be interested, still 350 wins is still impresive
Old 4 Nov 2002, 09:38 (Ref:421255)   #25
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Sue has gone hunting in the loft again muttering various things. Lydden has been the most successful venue for me, although a large number of wins came in hot rod races on the 3/4 circuit. Anyway it looks like 171 for Lydden, 92 at Brands.