Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 8 Nov 2002, 21:37 (Ref:424819)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
New F1 Moderator

10 Tenths are delighted to announce the promotion of AdamAshmore to the forum moderation team. He will join Bononi, R and Wrex as a co-moderator of the Formula One forum and will replace EERO who has decided, after several years of service, that he would like to take a break from the role.

We would like to thank EERO for his efforts during his reign and welcome Adam to the team. I am sure that you will all make him welcome and look after him!
Old 8 Nov 2002, 21:55 (Ref:424832)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amen to that. EERO has been my mentor in the moderator role, and we will truly miss him in the team. We thoroughly respect his decision though, and thankfully, he will continue to be an active member of 10 Tenths.

We welcome Adam to the team. He has proven through 16 months of membership to be a knowledgeable poster with well balanced arguments, and we think he is perfect for the role. Be nice to him!
Old 8 Nov 2002, 22:56 (Ref:424877)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Eero for his many years in the most difficult to moderate F1 Forum. He has done an amazing job consider all the challenges the forum has faced from individual posters, groups of posters and the turbulence of the series itself. See you around the forums buddy!

Welcome AdamAshmore! It's a tough one, but I have no doubt you'll do a great job. You've got a quite a (great? )team in R, Wrex and Bonini and I'm sure they'll help you whereever needed.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 8 Nov 2002, 23:34 (Ref:424896)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks EERO, you've done a smashing job and are a hard act to follow but if anyone can do it Adam can, Welcome aboard!
Old 9 Nov 2002, 01:12 (Ref:424928)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, obvious question coming Officers... ehhrr Officials... How does one become a moderator?
Old 9 Nov 2002, 03:40 (Ref:424956)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well you can always try asking, but normally, when vacancies come up, we discuss posters that have been model members (good contributions, visit the forum regularily, don't try to cause trouble). We then ask them if they're interested in the position.

If you're interested in a certain position, let us know and we'll keep you in mind the next time a vacancy comes up.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 9 Nov 2002, 10:43 (Ref:425023)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
we discuss posters that have been model members

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
We then ask them if they're interested in the position.
I didn't realise I had a choice

Anyway, it's good to be a bit more involved. I hope I can help keep up the high standards of the present team. And I'll try my best to fill EER0's boots.

So, the big question, is why are you reading this thread? Get to the F1 forum...

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Nov 2002 at 10:45.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 11:38 (Ref:425050)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Welcome to the 'Mad House' Adam.

Your bullet proof vest, night stick and 'ISP eliminator' device are all in this box. Ignore the dirty magazines, AMoffat left them in there.

And to EERO. Not just a fantastic leader for the F1 team or a model member on the forum. He is good friend to many, including me. Thank you for your efforts mate, the fact our forum is one of the best (if not the best) F1 forums on the net is largely due to the hard work of yourself and Gerard. I salute you.

The only positive of EERO's departure is I can edit his posts now and turn him into the Schumacher fan I know he really wants to be.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 11:50 (Ref:425057)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
EERO, please come back, I'm sorry!! I didn't mean what I said about DC, honest!!
Common guys!! Tell EERO we were kidding, right? EERO, look!! DC will be WDC next year, I promise!!
Old 9 Nov 2002, 12:13 (Ref:425073)   #10
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Adam and congratulations EERO on a job well done. IMHO, this is the best moderated forum on the net. You folks seem to be able to strike a delicate balance between oppression and freedom of expression. Keep up the good work.

Old 9 Nov 2002, 12:27 (Ref:425084)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
They also have sexy names like 'R' and EERO. I mean how exotic is that.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 14:03 (Ref:425124)   #12
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
So, the big question, is why are you reading this thread? Get to the F1 forum...
Well, unfortunately the first post in the first thread in the F1 forum points to this thread ...
Old 10 Nov 2002, 01:07 (Ref:425417)   #13
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats and all, but Jordi summed up what I've always wanted to say but never had the courage. *sob*!!

Look down here
|
|
|
V
Old 10 Nov 2002, 01:15 (Ref:425426)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Tristan, perhaps you could start with self-moderation
Old 10 Nov 2002, 13:52 (Ref:425729)   #15
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well done EERO on your time in the job, you've been more than just a moderator to many people including me, you've been a friend - and i hope you will continue to not now just be a member.

congrats to the newbie

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 10 Nov 2002, 22:23 (Ref:425960)   #16
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. I promise that I will continue to be an active member of the Forum and I will not stop cheering for DC or taking pot-shots at Moffat.

And to amy close friends here, and there are more than I would have thought, thanks for all you have given me over the past three years. This has been a great adventure and now its time for some one else to share in it.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 06:44 (Ref:426168)   #17
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Adam!!!
Old 11 Nov 2002, 11:50 (Ref:426312)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome Adam. Now you know your main task is keep Wrex out of trouble... don't let him use the bazooka.

Thanks EERO, after reading all above, I don't think there is much left to say, but, you made me realize that real friends can be found in this virtual world. And even if we'll never meet onde day in the real world, I have you as one of my best friends.

Now have fun as a veteran ad behave !
Old 11 Nov 2002, 12:12 (Ref:426332)   #19
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Are'nt we meant to shoot him now or something?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Welcome Adam. Now you know your main task is keep Wrex out of trouble... don't let him use the bazooka.
*grabs bat and ball and storms out of the sand pit*
Old 11 Nov 2002, 14:32 (Ref:426420)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

If Wrex has taken the bat and ball can I claim the Cricket was a draw?
Old 11 Nov 2002, 15:13 (Ref:426440)   #21
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats AA. And thanks for taking a thankless job.

EERO, now that you assume the role of Moderator Emeritus, you will be free to express yourself in a way you could not as Moderator. I propose the honorary title of Senior Curmudgeon and Raconteur at Large.

Welcome back to the intellectual mosh pit.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 17:00 (Ref:426485)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, EERO... and if you're planning to write a book of your memories like "My life as a F1 moderator" or "10-10ths: The dark side - stories untold of the wild side of an Internet Forum", please change the real user names properly...
Old 11 Nov 2002, 17:52 (Ref:426522)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Oh, EERO... and if you're planning to write a book of your memories like "My life as a F1 moderator" or "10-10ths: The dark side - stories untold of the wild side of an Internet Forum", please change the real user names properly...
Your wish is my command, Noboni!

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil C

Welcome back to the intellectual mosh pit.
Intellectual???????
Old 12 Nov 2002, 01:15 (Ref:426768)   #24
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Tristan, perhaps you could start with self-moderation"

Oh ofcourse. I can understand why I've never had "the email" (). I'm just genuinely interested as to "what it takes", that's all. It DOES feel weird to see users who, to me, are still newbies with sub-2000 posts getting in ahead of people like me who've been around for an ETERNITY.

(God I sound bitter!! I'm fine!! REALLY!! I think the words "never" and "inamillionyears" spring to mind!! )
Old 12 Nov 2002, 01:34 (Ref:426779)   #25
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How long's a piece of string? It takes very different qualities to moderate the various forums. And to be honest, I think that having done the job for a bit, it becomes fairly obvious quite quickly who is going to approach the task diligently and be committed to it. Without divulging the working what is of necessity a staff decision, I think it's fair to say that most moderators have a mental list of people who would be a shoe-in for a position of responsibility.

But it's very intangible. Again, I'm not divulging any staff secrets here, but before I was invited to be a moderator, I didn't ever get into an online fight that I didn't make peace over. I tried to make sure that people I met on line could trust my judgement and reliability. I didn't play tricks to find my way around the autocensor. I made sure that it was known that I knew my subject.

Oh, and I never, ever asked if I could one day be a moderator!

Anyway - this is turning a celebration into a serious discussion, and it's not the time to be raining on Adam's parade. He's got my vote, and I reckon he's going to be just great in the role. You all be nice to him, you hear?