Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What would you prefer to see in 2003?
You want your team/driver to dominate like Michael/Ferrari did in 2002 without challenge? 3 8.11%
I would rather the winning driver/team faced tough wheel-to-wheel competition from many drivers/teams throughout the year ending with a nail-biting finish, whoever it was. 34 91.89%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:36 (Ref:432877)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The Race Fans poll

While Valve and his merry men vote on how well they want Ferrari to win or not, I'm starting another 'wish list' poll for race fans. Regardless of the team or driver you support, what do you want next year?

You want your team/driver to dominate like Michael/Ferrari did in 2002 without challenge?

or

I would rather the winning driver/team faced tough wheel-to-wheel competition from many drivers/teams throughout the year ending with a nail-biting finish, whoever it was.

Whats more important to you - your guy winning or real racing?

Last edited by Wrex; 20 Nov 2002 at 07:40.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:44 (Ref:432879)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: The Race Fans poll

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
While Valve and his merry men vote on how well they want Ferrari to win or not,
Does he still post here?
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:49 (Ref:432881)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about option 3: I would rather see the other teams posing though competition; but my team crush them and dominate in the end...
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:53 (Ref:432885)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Read the poll mate, your driver/team can still win (and will IMO) with option 2.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:58 (Ref:432893)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to see a fair battle. That is all. Oh, add some good racing to the mix and I'll be happy.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:01 (Ref:432898)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Read the poll mate, your driver/team can still win (and will IMO) with option 2.
Of course they will....

Option 2 doesn't really please me; I want my team be the best and when I mean the best I mean win every single race. Preferrably 1-2. However option 1 doesn't exactly thrills me either. I want them to beat (to beat hard and thoroughly beat them) but beat Cars (capital C) not carriages.

To be more specific, I really don't care if the championship is over by Silverstone. I watch Formula 1 because I like it not because I'm interested by the results. (Otherwise I would only read the newspapers after Suzuka)

Last edited by Red; 20 Nov 2002 at 08:03.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:22 (Ref:432919)   #7
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another pole?

I like Valve's version much better...It's always i want this and that isn't it! well, grow up!..the reality is that Ferrari and Michael dominates. The only way you all will see option 2 is to ask Michael to slow down
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:32 (Ref:432927)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Another pole?
Nope. Its another POLL
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:38 (Ref:432932)   #9
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Nope. Its another POLL
Now your beginning to sound like mr v, Peter
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:59 (Ref:432947)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Juke, personal insults will not be tolerated!

Sorry Mrv, could'nt resist
Old 20 Nov 2002, 10:47 (Ref:433011)   #11
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would definetly go for option 2, and i watched it happen this year in world sbk between edwards and bayliss
Old 20 Nov 2002, 10:53 (Ref:433013)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
This is so silly and so obvious - who in their right mind would vote for option 1?
Old 20 Nov 2002, 10:57 (Ref:433017)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The two options are way too polarized. I do not want my driver to dominate like TGF did in 2002 without challenge, but neither do I prefer the winning driver/team facing tough wheel-to-wheel competition from many drivers/teams throughout the year ending with a nail-biting finish, whoever it was. I'm not indifferent to who wins. I want my driver to win (or one of them), but in a close fought championship. So there's no option for me to vote in this poll.

Last edited by R; 20 Nov 2002 at 10:58.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 11:01 (Ref:433021)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if the question is would I rather see TGF win the way he won this year, or would I rather see him win as detailed in option no. 2, the answer is obvious.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 11:23 (Ref:433030)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Option 1 sounds like 2002.

Option 2 sounds like 1982.

Guess which was the better season...
Old 20 Nov 2002, 11:56 (Ref:433047)   #16
Peter B

I'm a huge Ferrari fan.

With the Williams and McLarens not managing to mix it with Ferrari this season was seriously boring.

I actually fell fast asleep during the Hungarian GP.

Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:11 (Ref:433060)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter B
I'm a huge Ferrari fan.

With the Williams and McLarens not managing to mix it with Ferrari this season was seriously boring.

I actually fell fast asleep during the Hungarian GP.
So did some of the drivers.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:15 (Ref:433067)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I fell asleep during the Japanese GP after the second lap...

Only to wake up after the finish and watch a small yellow japanese guy go crazy.

Can't remember his name though...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 20 Nov 2002 at 12:16.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:25 (Ref:433080)   #19
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this for real or just some guy being sarcastic?
Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:29 (Ref:433084)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What for real?
Me falling asleep during the Japan GP?
Ofcourse it's for real!

Except the "can't remember his name though" part ofcourse

Last edited by ASCII Man; 20 Nov 2002 at 12:32.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:38 (Ref:433092)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You'll have to lay off the "Belgian Coffee" for a while.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:49 (Ref:433097)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

Ok, i'll try to do that in the future.

PS: What's a "Belgian Coffee"?
Not that it's a matter of life and death type of question...
Old 20 Nov 2002, 12:58 (Ref:433102)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
They brew it near to you and you said you worked there at one time.

It runs at around 5% proof.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 13:03 (Ref:433107)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

Oooh right, i get it...

LOL
Old 20 Nov 2002, 14:04 (Ref:433150)   #25
R
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Option 1 sounds like 2002.

Option 2 sounds like 1982.

Guess which was the better season...
2002. The 1982 F1 season saw the death of two drivers, and a career ending shunt for another.