Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 15 Dec 2002, 11:01 (Ref:450276)   #1
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alternate V8 Supercar website?

www.v8supercar.com.au is a really pathetic attempt at an official information source.

I get better news here then the OFFICIAL website which has very little information at all.

AS we all know, there is bad and obvious information before each round, and results about a week after the happenings. Stuff like, Stephen Ellery hopes to do well at Winton....well...yeah!

I was wondering if there was as proper alternate V8 website which actually has good news.

Either that or we lobby and complain to make the current one better.

Tom.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 11:15 (Ref:450286)   #2
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 central and Conrod are probably the two best v8 news sites gettin round. Im sure thats what most people will say.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 11:21 (Ref:450296)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And of course you can get V8 media releases emailed directly to you through RaceNews - no additional commentary or make believe stuff - straight from the teams - www.racenews.com.au - plus other categories as well.

Last edited by RaceTime; 15 Dec 2002 at 11:22.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 20:08 (Ref:450584)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am a big fan of conrod... there seems to be a lot of thought behind some of the discussion over there....

Not impressed with the Supercar site either, it seems like a receptacle for the teams' press releases unvetted, and with no fine tuning at all....
Old 16 Dec 2002, 02:59 (Ref:450788)   #5
Josh
Rookie

Josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Another site is V8Impact. It has forums, news and lots more. It may not be the oldest and newest site around but it is not that bad!

http://www.v8impact.vze.com
Old 16 Dec 2002, 03:03 (Ref:450790)   #6
Miss OzEmail
Rookie

Miss OzEmail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Central is a really good site, they normally have the news from the track, as one of the V8C team will be there, or get in contact with someone as things are happening. They have pics from the races, and other events, and a really good forum, with great discussions! And yeah, Conrod and V8 Impact are good as well, your sure to find the news on those sites, or some team sites who update live from the track!

lv Ebony x
#21 OzEmail Racing Team #888
Old 16 Dec 2002, 03:09 (Ref:450793)   #7
Josh
Rookie

Josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that coment Ebony,

I wasn't expecting a reply so soon. That just shows how popular 10/10s is!

Yes V8Central is really, really good. Chris the webmaster does a wonderful and unlike some other sites there is always a new update. Whether its a little forums upgrade or a major new catagory V8C has it all!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 02:51 (Ref:451554)   #8
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with V8 Central is it's a site for wimps. You can't express an opinion without getting warned or banned. The majority of the members seem to be school children-well that's the way they get treated by the moderators. Conrod is twice as good with members who know what their talking about. V8C is like going to Church it's that clinical
Old 17 Dec 2002, 07:13 (Ref:451631)   #9
Miss OzEmail
Rookie

Yeah, in some ways it can be pretty harsh, but Chris wants to create a really good environment there with no bagging others and things like that. Theres some great people there though, and I think it's pretty good. And No probs Josh, you've got a great site!!

Ebony x
Old 18 Dec 2002, 00:29 (Ref:452259)   #10
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tricky, you frequent both Conrod & V8Central so I'm sure you can judge the average age of both. Forum moderation is handled differently on every site, I just happen to believe in a "no abuse" policy.

Hypothetically, what would be better if your most hated driver won a race .... a huge BBBOOOOOO or silence ?? I tend to believe that the silence would be moer shocking to the driver, but you might disagree - that's ok too.

Personally, I don't bother with forums where most of the posts are just abusing members, drivers, or whatever. If you can do better than the current driver lineup then I'll listen to you a bit more when your name is on the side of a race-winning car, until that time then it's all a matter of who you know or who you listen to ... everyone knows a few people who can leak a few tid-bits.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 05:01 (Ref:452368)   #11
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this early stage I must say that this Forum is certainly my favourite. Whilst I like the free for all at Conrod the ****ty software gets on ones nerves. This place seems to have a nice balance to it where V8 Central Kindy is over moderated in my opinion(are we still allowed to have an opinion).

Last edited by V8 Fan; 18 Dec 2002 at 05:02.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 05:57 (Ref:452398)   #12
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tricky, you are allowed to have an opinion - there are no rules against that. But surely you can argue your case without resorting to personal insults & name calling. I respect some of the rumours you have posted, if they come true I will congratulate you - probably the same with mine, some will iron out and some won't. So post the rumour, respect others views and when the truth is revealed you can tell who is right
Old 18 Dec 2002, 10:21 (Ref:452522)   #13
Miss OzEmail
Rookie

Well said Chris!!
Old 19 Dec 2002, 02:25 (Ref:453134)   #14
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.conrod.com.au/forums/ is the best (other than this one!)
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 02:46 (Ref:453143)   #15
RaceTime
Veteran

Crash,

Maybe now is the time to start drawing the line at posts with URL's in them. Have no problem with URL's to general web sites, category sites etc - but maybe the ones to other forums need to be banned....i choose this forum because I don't want to use the others and don't want to be constantly reminded of them....so how about a policy decision please?
Old 19 Dec 2002, 04:57 (Ref:453188)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't really help since I have no power in the Cool Sites forum.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 05:11 (Ref:453189)   #17
RaceTime
Veteran

Arghhh PITA - Emails don't tell you what section the thread is in - thanks anyway...
Old 27 Dec 2002, 03:26 (Ref:457936)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well in actual fact there is nothing stopping someone doing that at all , this is the cool sites forum , and if someone has a motorsport related site then they have evry right to post it in here.

as for name calling and slagging of other forums , maybe if you have a problem with them then take it up with someone in private instead of slagging them in a public forum such as this.

yes I agree the official V8 site is well below par , but as for the other sites mentioned I cant comment because I have never visited them at all , I prefer to stay here in the comfort of ten tenths.

but lets just keep the abuse of other peoples hard efforts down a bit please