Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2000, 15:37 (Ref:26924)   #1
Gerryl
Rookie

Gerryl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was Trulli given the stop go? in an after race interview EJ was really ****ed! Stated he didnt know why and seems Trulli was wrongly accused of an infringement? Could this be so?

Ger
Old 30 Jul 2000, 15:47 (Ref:26927)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
The only infringement I can think of is pitlane speeding. But I don't know if that was the cause of the penalty or not.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 16:10 (Ref:26946)   #3
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He could also have been overtaking wile the safety car was out.
Or he may have taken a shortcut somewhere (it was pretty slippery after all).
We'll see
Old 30 Jul 2000, 21:36 (Ref:27061)   #4
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little controversial this stop-and-go penalty for Trulli.
I'm watching digital and at the start they showed a banner which said: 'Jump starts: Yes.'
I can't believe this was meant for Trulli because why would the FIA wait a full hour before giving the penalty?
But, if it wasn't for Trulli, who jumped start?
It is now believed he got the penalty for pitlane speeding.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 21:44 (Ref:27065)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
My dad said he thought he saw our good friend TGF rolling at the start.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 22:27 (Ref:27089)   #6
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

That could be very well possible, RG. And if it was Schumacher who jump started, he would have gotten the penalty but since he didn't get as far as the first corner, there was no need for that anymore.
Hey, that makes sence.
As for Trulli, I think he will be as mad as a uh...well, buzzing hornet.
Sf$G#@#%FIA%@
Old 31 Jul 2000, 01:47 (Ref:27144)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gerard, I am in awe.

Old 31 Jul 2000, 02:31 (Ref:27150)   #8
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerard...

you have WAY TOO MUCH time on your hands....hehehe

Murph
Old 31 Jul 2000, 13:19 (Ref:27226)   #9
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was apparently for overtaking Rubinho coming out of the pits. Somebody will have to clarify this one for me. But apparently this was one of three or four reasons given by the stewards before they settled on that....
All sounds a bit fishy to me, and I'm not alluding(?) to any conspiracy on this, just wondering what's going on when the stewards are debating after the race what they gave a penalty to a driver for. Especially one who would probably have finished on the podium.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 13:52 (Ref:27231)   #10
ireshad
Rookie

ireshad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
query

So what happens if the Stewards eventually say they made a mistake? I didn't see JT overtaking anyone out of the pits, and I think we were shown him leaving both times. Does JT get promoted up the order?
Old 1 Aug 2000, 00:33 (Ref:27398)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, Trulli may get a "sorry" but he doesn't get his third place back.

Too bad, Trulli, maybe you will drive for McLaren or Ferrari some day. Then you will get to finish on the podium. Just wait your turn.
Old 1 Aug 2000, 00:37 (Ref:27401)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummmm.... When did Trulli get a stop-go??? I'm guessing it was during one of the FIVE ad breaks we had to put up with, the best two coming within FOUR minutes of each other...

ITV: YOU ARE *******S.

Old 1 Aug 2000, 01:10 (Ref:27411)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

No point abusing your telecaster. We had to put up with a delayed telecast, and even then they kept the tape of the raace running during the ads, so we even missed part of the race during the delayed telecast. Just remember that you are not paying much to ITV for watching the race.
Jarno should never have been penalised - and to make it even worse, he was driving a blinder.
Old 1 Aug 2000, 10:11 (Ref:27456)   #14
ireshad
Rookie

Minardi Fan,

I had the advantage of being able to slip over to RTE during ITVs ad breaks so I only missed about 1 min when the ads coincided briefly. After the race EJ was absolutely livid over the whole thing. I reckon he'll push it to the hilt.
Old 1 Aug 2000, 10:45 (Ref:27472)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good! Trulli deserved those points - both Jordan drivers were stunning all weekend.

Old 1 Aug 2000, 13:05 (Ref:27539)   #16
ireshad
Rookie

From the FAI isite:

"If the time penalty is imposed during the last five laps of a race, 25 seconds will be added to the race time of the driver concerned, instead of a stop-go."

Now if this is considered to be a generic time for a stop/go, then (to my mind) the proper move in the circumstances would be to take this away from Trullis time, leaving him 25.901' behind RB, and in 5th place behind Button.

Old 3 Aug 2000, 01:54 (Ref:27968)   #17
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the autosprot site:
On lap 26 during the first safety car period after Rubens' second stop "...Rubens had followed Hakkinen in. Although only nine laps had passed since his first stop, Ferrari made the crucial decision to get the second one out of the way. As he blasted out of the pits, he was passed by Trulli, who had stopped the lap before. This ultimately led to the Italian’s downfall, for he was reported for passing under yellows, which later resulted in a stop and go."

Old 3 Aug 2000, 08:12 (Ref:28004)   #18
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a strange one that, as Trulli has said he was on the racing line as Rubens came out of the pits. So if Rubens was still on the pit exit, is this overtaking? If it is, then when somebody pulls into the pits the field would surely have to stop on the sart/finish straight and wait for the pitting car to come back onto the track, otherwise they would be overtaking the car in the pits(??!). Or have I missed something here?
Old 6 Aug 2000, 18:05 (Ref:28736)   #19
jk
Rookie

jk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read in a very reputable news paper report today that it was actually Rubens himself that reported that he had just been overtaken by "a yellow car". Todt contacted the race race director who checked with a race offical at that point on the track. He confirmed that JT had passed the Ferrrai.......We all know the rest.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 18:30 (Ref:28743)   #20
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Welcome to 10 Tenths, jk.
I think Rubens was just out of the pitlane on his way to Saint Devote when Trulli passed him under yellow.
That would explain it, although none of the TV broadcasts, terrestrial nor digital, showed this.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 19:22 (Ref:28750)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerard
Welcome to 10 Tenths, jk.
I think Rubens was just out of the pitlane on his way to Saint Devote when Trulli passed him under yellow.
That would explain it, although none of the TV broadcasts, terrestrial nor digital, showed this.
Not geographically surprising really.

I read (in Autosport) that it may have been Todt who complained to the Stewards and that would be pretty awful, but if RB actually prompted it and the Stewards acted on that info, Well, I guess you know what my opinion would be.

I guess now we should be telling drivers to stop if a red car is leaving the pits, just in case the drivers aren't fast enough to race when the SC period is over.
Old 7 Aug 2000, 01:53 (Ref:28860)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Ste. Devote was in Monte Carlo. Or is this a retroactive penalty?