Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Aug 2000, 13:10 (Ref:28061)   #1
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi said: “Its up to the stewards to judge and to penalise, and they have not punished Schumacher. Sure he is aggressive – but he is correct.”

Alesi said the drivers' whinging had achieved nothing.

“After the drivers’ briefing in Austria we all stayed on for 20 minutes while three drivers were speaking and nothing happened. So for 20 minutes the rest of us had to wait while these three fought like kids in a kindergarten,” he recalled.

“In the days of Ayrton Senna, I remember when he went to see Irvine after his first race because Irvine had upset him. They argued and at the end he punched his nose. For me, that was more motor racing.

“When you have a problem with somebody you need to go and argue with them – not stand up in front of everybody else and waste their time for no result.”

Bernie said,
It’s a great shame there aren’t a few more like Michael around because he races to win and, in this case, has done nothing outside the rules.

“My advice for one or two of the others is to watch a few videos of old grands prix and see how the drivers used to race.”

Hasnt Alesi always been considered as a real racer, so shouldnt people listen to people like this and stop moaning about Schumachers tactics. He is a great driver and f1 would be boring without the controversy that he brings to the sport. Maybe Irvine, Villeneuve and Coulthard should take Bernies advice.

Old 3 Aug 2000, 13:38 (Ref:28068)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah....i think the circuit needs people like Alesi, MS and JV(despite his recent whinings) to be truly exciting...those who race to win.... NOT pple like DC who only goes complaining and nag like a b*tch...and being one hell of a hypocrite in the process...i pity Mika n Newey..two talents in one hell of a freaky team...wif a freak as the boss.....
Old 3 Aug 2000, 13:44 (Ref:28069)   #3
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol
Old 3 Aug 2000, 14:25 (Ref:28074)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure you would all feel the same had any of the three cars involved been vaulted over the fencing and into the crowd. "Everyone quit bit*hing" would I am sure be the slogan for the day if any one of the drivers were killed because one driver chose to chase the other off of the track. Not one time has any of the constituents said they could not race together in close quarters, they say it gets dangerous when one driver decides to swerve at the others when they are in close quarters.

Maybe the ones here on this forum need to "grow up" and "quit all the bit*hing" when there is a disagreement.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 14:47 (Ref:28077)   #5
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I would be surprised at Jean, but then he's not really been in a position to race with MS, so I think he's just ****ed off with being held up at adrivers brief. But Bernie, what the f*@# is he on about?!! If anybody should be watching old videos I would suggest it should be MS, because I don't remember incidents where drivers swerved all over the track to keep others behind, or swerve into an opponent while alongside. I'd agree with KC on this one, and I just hope Bernie doesn't live to regret his foolish, irresponsible words at the funeral of one of the drivers.
Great example to the up and comings aswell. What a prick.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 18:11 (Ref:28103)   #6
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's it. Let the drivers carve each other up at the start and settle it with fists after the race, or after they get out of the hospital. Anything to avoid raising and discussing issues in the drivers' meeting, and stressing Alesi's attention span. If Alesi thinks like this, he's the last one the other drivers should listen to.
Sorry, second to last. Wasn't it Ecclestone who said a few years ago something about not enough drivers being killed?
Old 3 Aug 2000, 19:21 (Ref:28108)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Not enough drivers being killed...?
Old 3 Aug 2000, 19:52 (Ref:28117)   #8
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is not an exact quote. A few years ago BE in a notorious statement trying to make some point or other, he seemed to be deploring the fact that fewer drivers were being killed now than they were in the good old days. At least a lot of people took it that way.

He denied that he meant it in the way it had been understood, and surely he didn't mean it that way. However, it caused a lot of controversy, made his name blacker than ever, and took some living down. I can't remember the exact quote but maybe someone else can.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 22:30 (Ref:28171)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with KC on this one. One day Pedro Diniz is going to swerve across the track at someone, under the impression that it's legal so it must be safe, and I just hope that whoever he kills (besides himself) is one of those who is saying that swerving across the track at the start is "just racing." And I also hope his widow is happy with that explanation, and so are his children.

What a totally asinine idea, that trying to kill another driver is okay as long as it's "exciting." Surely Jean has some bad neighbourhoods he can go to if he wants to see people kill each other?

(Of course I am speaking metaphorically as I do not wish to see anyone killed just because he is stupid.)
Old 3 Aug 2000, 23:57 (Ref:28196)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Gee!! You love Pedro, don't you, Liz??
I'm with KC on this one. I can just imagine a bunch of drivers slugging it out at the first corner after a multiple prang. What does Alesi think this is?? Aussi Rules???? I can imagine Alesi going up to slug Wurz - he would have to swing at Alex's knee cap.