Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Aug 2000, 17:48 (Ref:28101)   #1
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS on thursday took back his criticism of GF, whom he blamed for knocking him out of the Germans GP. "Such accidents happen and there is not really a main culprit", he said. He had been "harshly criticised by other drivers for his remarks", and defended by Barichello.
Source, Bloomberg News
Old 3 Aug 2000, 19:23 (Ref:28109)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think anyone who saw the incident would say that you can't really blame someone, but if you wanted to, it certainly wouldn't be Fisichella.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 22:36 (Ref:28172)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor deluded sod, he still can't bring himself to say "I made a mistake and I'm sorry I tried to blame everyone else."

He was defended by RUBENS? That man is too good for his own good. But perhaps if anything can make TGF ashamed, that will.
Old 4 Aug 2000, 04:06 (Ref:28241)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
He's never wrong!!

TGF is never wrong. He ran Fisi off the road and expected Fisi to brake with two wheels on the grass. What a jerk.
Old 4 Aug 2000, 05:42 (Ref:28249)   #5
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ValveBounce!
Mika ran Schuey onto the grass in England,...he braked, he lost places, he whatever'd ??...he later finished 3rd!
Oh well, hes a devil after all
...or maybe theyre both double WDCs, so they knew how to race?
Old 4 Aug 2000, 05:46 (Ref:28250)   #6
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark YOUR words....

"RUBENS? That man is too good for his own good."
You said it....too good to be champ?

Old 4 Aug 2000, 12:05 (Ref:28296)   #7
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Poor deluded sod, he still can't bring himself to say "I made a mistake and I'm sorry I tried to blame everyone else."
I can only agree with you, Liz, however I must make one slight change: he ain't poor...

Why should he admit to his mistake? He wouldn't be Michael Schumacher if he did that. Probably hasn't even watched the video of the deliberate (can't call it an 'accident' can we?) because he knows whose fault it was.

'Softening' his criticism. Should never have had to... ARSE
Old 4 Aug 2000, 12:13 (Ref:28298)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He can soften his criticism, because it was a racing accident. Nothing more or less. As a very great man once said s*&t happens.

RB would have to support Mickey-the-Shoe for contractual and diplomatic reasons. I would have thought he was too far back and too busy to notice what the front runners were doing.
Old 4 Aug 2000, 23:35 (Ref:28422)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which in fact is what Rubens said on the post race press conference podium - he didn't even know TGF wasn't in the race anymore until he got up front.

Danielsun, perhaps "pitiful deluded sod" would be closer to the perfect description? Anyway he only "softened" his stance because there was a hullabaloo in the paddock and nobody but poor Rubens took his side (and Rubens probably took his side because he felt sorry for him. I can't see him signing a contract that says he has to lie for Der Schweinhund.)
Old 4 Aug 2000, 23:39 (Ref:28428)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Liz, how about if we put TGF and Pedro in the same team??
Old 5 Aug 2000, 01:21 (Ref:28443)   #11
Liz
Veteran

If you mean Pedro Diniz, I like it! Two wild men on the same team running each other off the piste - it's such fun when the Prosts do it, that another team barging into each other would be a double hoot.

I wouldn't wish it on Pedro de la Rosa though - I LIKE him.
Old 5 Aug 2000, 20:19 (Ref:28556)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the idea of TGF and Diniz as teammates. TGF will have to do his best to crash more than Diniz !
Old 5 Aug 2000, 21:21 (Ref:28567)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Ooh, that's a challenge for him!

Give 'team orders' a whole new meaning!
Old 5 Aug 2000, 23:05 (Ref:28597)   #14
Liz
Veteran

"Don't get near your teammate" would be the Team Orders I'd give, if some deranged person were to unequally yoke those two together.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 03:32 (Ref:28638)   #15
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me the situation is very simple. Schu thinks that he's such a perfect driver that he never makes mistakes. Therefore he must think that if he crashes it should be someone elses fault. Now on this particular ocation he was unable to blame DC for using the tactics that schu so often uses (I recall the commentator sayiong that DC made a "Schumacher start"). So he has to blame someone else and so he decides to pick on this little guy that had nothing to do with the accident....or at least it wasn't his fault.

But now he's realizing that nobody buys that "fisi's fault" story. So he surely gave his "PR guy" a call and he told him "Michael....this does your image no good". And since his image is worth millions of dollars he decided to change his opinion on the subject.

But I'm sure that his super-ego will always tell him that it was all Giancarlo's fault and some day he will bring up the subject once again like he did last year at Suzuka with that DC-Spa 98 issue.....and everybody will say "What the f***k is that guy talking about!!". (hey that's quite a story!!)
Old 6 Aug 2000, 11:09 (Ref:28668)   #16
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giancarlo Fisichella talking about the coming together between himself and MS:

"It was a normal racing incident, and even the stewards put the blame at 50% on each driver,"
"Michael's criticism hurt and I don't think he has the right to act in this way, in order to justify himself.

"He maintains that as he was ahead he had the right to do what he wants, but I don't think that is the case and, for sure, at the next round we will discuss the matter with the other drivers.

"when Michael braked in front of me before the first corner, it was just like when a lorry changes lanes on the motorway, occupies yours and then brakes in front of you. And he might have been forced into that position by Coulthard, but that's got nothing to do with me."

Quoted from Atlas news
It seems that MS just makes himself more and more enemies as he goes along. He shouldn't just soften his criticism of Fisi he should apologise for being such a gob-****e.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 14:41 (Ref:28714)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is part of the show. Just like past times, SennaXProst... SennaXPiquet... PiquetXMansell... MansellXLauda... LaudaXProst...
Old 6 Aug 2000, 16:56 (Ref:28729)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Well I hated Senna when he did that, and although I liked Piquet and Mansell's duels I thought Piquet was an idiot for the way he kept trying to run Mansell off the piste. So I haven't changed my viewpoint specially to spotlight TGF; I don't like behaviours that, through overweening arrogance, are likely to get someone killed for no reason but to gain a few points in a car race.

But then perhaps the kind of guy who would behave like that could enjoy his blood money with no vision of the dead man between him and his ill gotten gains. Thank God I am not that kind of person so I'll never know.