Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Feb 2003, 15:01 (Ref:519320)   #1
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ascari?

Any technical analysis of the Ascari LMP(no longer pursued).....
Its nice looking, and its set back front end, intake is much like the new Bently GTP.

What known problems were wronge with the design if any? Other than a lack of funding, and interest in other areas, what problems kept it from being competitive?
Old 27 Feb 2003, 15:16 (Ref:519331)   #2
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was some slight borrowing from Lola from the design from its Group C coupe, but the car, which looked rather ancient in the beginging, was starting to really look like a modren, competitive car at Sebring and then its ultimately finale revision before Le Mans. A shame that they only got one entry and that one broke early.

Funding was an issue, and the concentration on the road car took away attention from an LMP/SRP project. I must say, I didn't take the car seriously when it showed up looking like a chop top Lola in 2001 at Le Mans, but by 2002, they had really worked hard and the car was quite attractive.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 23:56 (Ref:520972)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yep a real shame the programme ended - 6th place at Sebring last year was very impressive in such a competitive field - I really thought they were on the verge of breaking into the top rank.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 13:59 (Ref:521397)   #4
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ascari are back this year with an all-female line up at le mans apparently, seems that the most likely this year that klaas zwaat will be more preoccupied with the euroboss series...
Old 1 Mar 2003, 17:31 (Ref:521503)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
IF they get an entry that is!
Old 2 Mar 2003, 13:01 (Ref:522313)   #6
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An all female lineup is a good way of assuring and entry. Was Milka's driving half as good as her pr?
Old 2 Mar 2003, 17:16 (Ref:522449)   #7
lowieracing
Racer

yeah depends on the ACO but i dont believe that milka duno was up 2 much in the panoz-mugen last year, her driving was irratic to say the least, i remember a certain incident that changed the lead of the race when she nearly took poor tom kristensen off the track!!!!!
Old 2 Mar 2003, 19:20 (Ref:522596)   #8
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well his daughter, Paulien, knows how to drive. This lady is very fast, beats the guys in the Dutch Yaris Cup. But don't know how she handles a few hundred BHP.

Tracktime won't be the problem...........the Ascari Race Resort!
Old 2 Mar 2003, 20:24 (Ref:522642)   #9
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever happened to the road car they were working on? KZ1 I think its called. Wasn't that the reason they dropped thier lmp program?:confused:
I can't drive 55!
Old 2 Mar 2003, 20:48 (Ref:522670)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard that they wanted to concentrate on their EuroBoss cars, but that made no sense to me, since last time i saw them, they had no-one to lay a finger on them
Old 3 Mar 2003, 04:32 (Ref:523154)   #11
27tim
Racer

27tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They dropped the LMP program b,c they only got awarded 1 lemans entry instead of 2...From what I heard it upset a lot of ppl when the program got stopped...I did see one of their cars running on the stowe circuit a while back which I *think* was tyre testing some Dunlops...Latest I heard was the intention to run KZ's daughter in one...They really are the most beautiful looking cars up close.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 08:36 (Ref:523248)   #12
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They dropped the LMP program b,c they only got awarded 1 lemans entry instead of 2...
They also called it a day, as they did not get the coverage and publicity they were hopping for.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 13:42 (Ref:523443)   #13
lowieracing
Racer

the ascari race resort! been invited by klaas to visit next weekend, so ill keep u guys up-to-date on how it looks...plus a few of the new LMPs are meant to be there!