Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Mar 2003, 02:28 (Ref:545939)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasy Champ Car Standings: Monterrey

[B] Standings at Monterrey:

1. Emerald City Racing 46
2. True North Racing Engineering 43
3. DontCrashPaul 42
= Arrows-S Racing 42
4. team crashANDbang 39
= Archer Racing 39
5. Crooks Motorsport 38
6. Team FUBAR 37
7. Saavedra Motosports Project 36
= Pineapple Racing 36
8. Williams Racing Ltd. 35
= ILP Racing 35
= Forty Two Tulips 35
= DBR Team International 35
9. WreXXX Racing Team 34
= Team Super Owls 34
= Team Snout 34
= TAR Motorsports 34
= SNAFU Racing 34
= Maple City Racing 34
= Domaza Racing 34
10.Ferox Auto Racing Co. 32
11.TP Racing Line 31
= Team Greencardy 31
12. Team GoFaster 30
13. Trutel Racing 28
= Samba Boyz 28
= Pocketsports 28
= Karma Racing 28
14. Hesketh Racing 27
= Domenech Racing 27
15. Team NBI 26
16. Speedworx Racing 24
= Gonnae No Dae That Racing 24
17. Omega Racing 22
= Kwality Twels Racing 22
18. EMS Racing 20
19. CCP Racing 19
20. Tricksport Racing 16
= Threshold Racing 16
= Fennec Racing 16
21. Revcounter Racing 15
= Micropear Racing 15
22. Team Champcar Hollandia 13
= Mad Cow Racing 13
23. The Guys In Front 12
24. Team Bluesky 11
= Fry Cook Motorsports 11
25. Team Tanalised 10
26. Radioactive Racing 4
27. Milwaukee Motorsports 1

First Man Out: Tiago Montiero
Pole Guys: Tracy and Bourdais

Standings to Date

1. Emerald City Racing 100
2. Arrows-S Racing 92
3. DontCrashPaul 82
4. Team crashANDbang 80
5. TAR Motorsports 78
6. Crooks Motorsport 76
7. DBR Team International 74
= ILP Racing 74
8. Team Greencardy 73
= Maple City Racing 73
= SNAFU Racing 73
= Team Snout 73
= Team Super Owls 73
= WreXXX Racing Team 73
9. TP Racing Line 69
= Ferox Auto Racing Co. 69
= Williams Racing Ltd. 69
10. Samba Boyz 67
11. Team FUBAR 63
12. Team GoFaster 60
= Forty Two Tulips 60
13. Pineapple Racing 57
14. Saavedra Motorsport 56
15. Domaza Racing 55
16. Trutel Racing 51
17. Hesketh Racing 50
18. Karma Racing 48
19. Domenech Racing 47
20. TGIF 45
21. Kwality Tewls Racing 43
= Omega Motorsport 43
= Speedworx Racing 43
22. Gonnae No Dae That Racing 42
23. Fennec Motorsports 41
= Team NBI 41
= Pocketsports 41
24. Archer Racing 39
25. Threashold Racing 37
26. Team Champcar Hollandia 35
27. Revcounter Racing 30
28. Tricksport International 25
29. Micropear Racing 21
30. Fry Cook Motorsports 20
= Team Bluesky 20
= EMS Racing 20
31. CCP Racing 19
32. Team Tanalised 16
33. Mad Cow Racing 8
34. Radioactive Racing 4
35. Milwaukee Motorsports 2
Old 24 Mar 2003, 02:37 (Ref:545942)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woohoo Madcow Racing didn't lose any points!!! Might actually have a press release this time.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 24 Mar 2003, 03:44 (Ref:545954)   #3
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think my points might have been added up wrong again. Tagliani finsished 3rd for 14 points, and got no hard charger points, Junqueira finished 5th for 10 points and got 2 hard charger points, and Bourdais crashed, but qualified first, giving me 1 super magic bonus point. By my count that's .... hang on... 27 points. (I could be worng though, it's been a while since I've taken math and I needed a calculator just to add that up...)

PRESS RELEASE - Omega Motorsports

SIBERIA - Tag is the man! We're thoroughly pleased with Tags podium, especially after last weekend. We knew he had it in him. Junqueira didn't do too shabily either. (I wish we had Tracy instead, you da other man PT!)

And Bourdais... Bourdais, well, continues to struggle in the race. We're a patient team, however, and realise he'll develop into a spectacular driver, the likes of which have never been experienced by the world to date!

This was also a great weekend for Omega Motorsports in F1, with Barrichello, Trulli, Renault, Renault, and Bridegstone getting the job done quite nicely.

The team also moved into the top 85 in the CART.com COLRS Online Pool. Monterrey was quite successful in that regard, and if only my VCR hadn't died I could be watching it right now...

In unrelated news, a waiter was brutally beaten.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:18 (Ref:546100)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What the freckle? Team Don'tCrashPaul has come good? Paul Tracy/Michel Jourdain Jr 1-2, 1-2? When will the rollercoaster end? Never? Blimey.... go boys!
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:31 (Ref:546110)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah, 3rd place seems nice to me
Old 24 Mar 2003, 12:47 (Ref:546298)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did that math late in the day after a full day of brain work -- it's possible some math errors have crept in. I will be happy to add up anybody's score again if they think it is wrong.

TGIF Mrs. Fields Pies Crayola Stuffs It

The whole team are grounded until Long Beach. Bourdais will be confined to the pitlane until he can do a pit stop without hitting anybody or anything, stalling the car, or missing his pit window. If a hearing aid is necessary, it will be provided.

Mr. Montiero will not be punished as he was a victim of circumstance, but he's grounded too, so he can help Wonder Boy learn how to do pit stops.

Mr. Junqueira is grounded until the new medication takes effect.

Frocks for everybody this time.

On to Long Beach. *SIGH*

Pedro "El Guapo" Morales
Spin Doctor and Morale Officer
Old 24 Mar 2003, 18:34 (Ref:546652)   #7
FastCar5
Rookie

Canada
Toronto, Canada
FastCar5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

True North Racing Engineering :

It seems that after finishing second this weekend TNRE has been removed from the overall standings. Could it be the other teams are getting a little paranoid of our recent success!!!!...........hmmmm!!!:confused:
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:50 (Ref:546755)   #8
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz >> When there are 2 numbers 3, the following team is in 5th place and not in 4th.

Team Champcar Hollandia Press Release
Team Champcar Hollanda had a dissapointing weekend. Sebastien Bourdais was on pole, but because of a communication failure, he missed the pit entry in the caution and had to come in after that. After that, Bourdais came back in the points, overtaking a lot of cars, but at the end he made a mistake and hit the wall and ended in the pitlane. In the same lap, Hunter-Reay came in and he had also problems, he finally finished 12th, scoring his first point of the season. Bruno Junqueira drove a trouble free race, but 2 mistakes cost him a podium. Teamowner Daisy: "Bruno drove a good race, but unfortunately, he spun and that cost him a podiumfinish. But that kind of things happen and I'm sure he will on it next race. Sebastien and Ryan were not so lucky today, but Ryan was able to continue after his pittproblems, and finally he scored a point, luckily. Finally, I want to say I'm very happy with Sebastians pace, but he wasn't lucky again, I hope he can show his form next race again.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 00:36 (Ref:546967)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Daisy: not in this universe. I think everybody deserves to be as far up the grid as possible as it's good for morale.

True NOrth Racing has 64 points overall and stands in 11th place. Sorry I missed you!

Last edited by Liz; 25 Mar 2003 at 00:42.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 00:48 (Ref:546970)   #10
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adelaide, Australia
ARCHER RACING PRESS RELEASE

If only, if only!
If Archer racings driver line-up of Tracy, Bourdais and Moreno regestered in time to compete in St Pete we would surely be in the top 3 of Fantasy championship at this stage.

A mirror image technacaly speaking though for the 'team'. Sebastian with pole, Tracy with the win and Moreno still suprising alot of people with his speed and consistancy.
All in all Acher Racing is thrilled with the performance of its drivers.
Paul Tracy is finally on the way to the championship he so dearly craves and deserves, hopefully this goes for Archer Racing as well.
If Sebastian can pull of a successful run under race conditions it would be interesting to see if Paul could even catch him, and Moreno, well did the team make a great choice in picking him up for the 3rd car or what!?

The teams Australian V8 SUPERCAR championship is off to a cracker start as well, 8th with drivers Simon Wills and Greg Murphy in the opening round of the championship.

Stay tuned to Archer Racing for great things to come... Two potential championships!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 25 Mar 2003, 01:25 (Ref:546992)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
KARMA RACING PRESS RELEASE

The Karma Racing team are please with their progress in the grand prix of mexico.

Our lead driver Roberto Moreno showed again that allthough he lacking a little pace this year consistency is the key and came home for a strong 6th place finish.
A spin late in the race after team mate Darren Manning turned Vasser around in front of him was the only mistake that the team noticed and it was good to see Roberto get some more promising points after the dramas of losing his sponsorship last week.
Stay tuned soon for an announcement on new Sponsors for Roberto.

Ryan Hunter-Raey had a dissapointing weekend with some big dramas in the pit lane, The Johnson Nappies and KFC wipes car performed well except when a pitstop was being made and Ryan lost heaps of time trying to refire the car , other than that we are pleased Ryan was able to complete his first full distance in 12th Position.

Darren Manning in the "NO 2 SPONSORSHIP" car had a very eventfull race , but ran strong throughout , chasing Jimmy Vasser for alot of the way he had some dramas towards the end when he was tangled up in two seperate incidents.
The first involved Mario Dominguez who later was heard to say to Darren "This is what everyone else did when I won my race last year Darren" amazingly Darren's car was not damaged in the crash and he got going again only to have contact with Jimmy Vasser late in the race , which also resulted in Moreno spinning to avoid the melee , but in the end a solid 7th place for Darren was a good way to open his account and the team expects more of him in the future.

OFF TRACK

The off track adventures of the Karma Racing team continued this week , after losing PJ Cigarettes and redhead matches as Moreno's sponsor due to the illegal goings on of their former Press Manager Fidel Castro , the team have announced that they will have a new sponsor on Moreno's car for the next event at Long beach.
New team Press manager Carl Haas has slotted nicely into the team and says he will hang around with Kara racing for the next event as well
As for the teams Pit babe ,there still hasnt been any contact with the "sexy Tray" and even the offer of a One Million dollar reward for her return has revealed nothing about her whereabouts, the team and its associated sponsors and backers have now increased the reward to a very handsome 1.5 million dollars, and would desperately like to hear from her.

PRESS RELEASE COMPILED BY
CARL HAAS.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 06:50 (Ref:547127)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE
25/3/03

DBR Pleased With Result

DBR International are happy enough with the results from the weekend at Monterrey.

Michel drove another fabulous race on the Sunday to finish in second place, with the DBR team feted wherever it went. Let's just say that a few of our staff came home on Monday morning with headaches.

Roberto tried his best and at times was right up at the front and at least he brought the car home to a good load of points. Now all we need is a bit more speed and Bob will be back to his winning ways. And he is still smiling to be back in the car.

Pat also drove very well considering he was leaving quite a mess in the DBR toilets every hour, and Pat probably covered more track running to the toilets than actually racing!!! But for a late race spin he would have finished at least 6th, but he was having a go, and we at DBR smiled when he did that.. until he stalled the bloody engine!

All round, a decent performance by our team. On to the sunny shores of Long Beach.

Sumjurc Ramdmicar
Press Officer

Last edited by f1manoz; 25 Mar 2003 at 06:53.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 12:49 (Ref:547415)   #13
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crooks Motorsport*******

Keepin it goin, 5th in the race, and 6th overall, nice.

the busy Matthew White
Press Officer or something

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 25 Mar 2003, 21:44 (Ref:547994)   #14
Craginn
Rookie

Craginn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fry Cook Motorsports Press Release

One guy had the flu...the other can't do a pitstop....not so good. See you in Long Beach...

Very Very soon to be fired...pr guy
Fry Cook Motorsports
Old 25 Mar 2003, 23:36 (Ref:548157)   #15
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
extreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Liz is there any where that i can get a copy of the scoring rules?
Old 25 Mar 2003, 23:58 (Ref:548174)   #16
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Press Release
Emerald City Racing

The mood at the Emerald City Racing headquarters has been festive following our second one-two finish in as many races. This is a very good start to our inaugural season in the Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford. Despite a minor off road excursion and killing the motor in the pits, Paul Tracy (Lollipop Guild/Ford/Lola/Bridgestone) was able to assume the lead early in the race and stay out in front for the remainder. Michel Jourdain (Yellow Brick Road Paving/Ford/Lola/Bridgestone) drove a clean race maintaining the number two position while fending off all challengers. The combined points of our two drivers keeps Emerald City Racing atop the points standings for this season.

“I need to work on my donuts” joked Tracy after a victory off road spin on the park grass. Mexican federalies have decided not to press charges for the destruction of public property, but Paul will have to pay to have new sod put down. Paul waved to the cheering crowd as he was towed to victory lane on a tether strap after stalling the car while performing his victory celebration donuts.

An enthusiastic Mexican crowd cheered Michel Jourdain as he waved while driving down the pit lane. The roar of the crowd could easily be heard over the roar of the 800-hp Ford Cosworth engines.

The team is a bit concerned for the well being of Jourdain. None of the team members have seen him since the victory celebration immediately following the race. Jourdain was last seen riding on a human wave of Mexican fans waving Mexican flags while drinking Tecate and Corona beers. If anyone has seen Michel, please contact our headquarters or at least tell him to phone home.

In a related story, the Tecate Girls have not been seen since the conclusion of Sunday’s race. They may have been swept up by the Jourdain fans during the celebrations. They seemed very enamored with Michel and were often seen in close proximity to the heroic young driver.

Emerald City Racing would like to express our appreciation to our partners, Ford, Lola, and Bridgestone. We would also like to thank our sponsors, Yellow Brick Road Paving and the Lollipop Guild. Without their support, this remarkable day would not have been possible. We would like to thank our Pit Babe and Good Witch Glenda for the potion she whipped up for our drivers. It upset Paul’s stomach a little toward the end of the race, but it had a remarkable effect on his performance. Finally, we would like, as always, to thank all the little people that made this exceptional day possible.

Public Relations Officer
The Man Behind The Curtain

Old 26 Mar 2003, 00:17 (Ref:548191)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We did not too bad, but our performance was below par...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 17:21 (Ref:548930)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Would it be useful for us to post the scoring rules as a Hot Topic? Since we add teams during the season and the system can be confusing? What do the mods think?
Old 28 Mar 2003, 04:02 (Ref:550692)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Press Release - Pittsburgh, PA

Threshold Racing congratulates the Team Deadhead Lola crew for putting a car underneath Roberto Moreno that did more than push up daisies. Finishing on the lead lap once again in a very creditable 6th position, "Roberto showed at Monterrey why some things truly do get better with age" said team manager Bat Guano. Sponsored by the National Mortuary Associaton, the Team Deadhead Lola recorded it's second Top Six finish in a row.

Bat Guano went on to say that "Moreno has gone from moribund to Championship contender. Sombreros off to the crew who breathed life into the effort."

The result for the Threshold Racing Mama's Little Helper Lola Sponsored by Prozac and driven by Oriol Servia were not as pleasing. Said Bat: "Well, first, the crew adhered to the 'don't drink the water' warning by sticking with bottled liquids. Unfortunately the bottled liquid of choice during the pit strategy session was King Kong Gin." Bat opined that this may have "caused the team to make some ill-advised decisions regarding the pit strategy and Oriol had to go like stink to make up for it." When asked if this were the cause of yet another sojourn into the barriers Bat replied: "That and the fact that Oriol sometimes thinks that if braking late is good, not braking at all is better - we think he was talking to Carpentier before the race."

Threshold Racing is looking forward to Long Beach and a solid Top Five for both drivers.

A word from our sponsors:
Remember, the friendly makers of Prozac say: "Chemicals can't solve all of our problems, but we sure can make a buck from people who think they can." And this from the National Mortuary Association: "Go on your last ride with us."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 22:05 (Ref:551572)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Super Owls Press Release

Team Super are delighted with there progress on there return to Fantasy Champ Car Championship. The team hope to conitinue there run of good results at the next round, which will be held at Long Beech.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:32 (Ref:555762)   #21
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tallinn, ESTONIA
42 Tulips Racing Rather More Than Just Slightly Delayed Press Release

42 Tulips Racing is very happy with the performace of almost its entire team in the two races so far this season. But as we realise there is always room for improvement, our three drivers are being sent on additional training courses to improve their future results.

Darren Manning (#42 Marmite Lola Ford) will be sent to the Jimmy Vasser School of Keeping Out Of The Way Of Incidents On Track.
Paul Tracy (#43 Terry's Plain Chocolate Orange Lola Ford) will be sent to the Alessandro Zanardi Doughnut School.
Sebastien Bourdais (#88 Trebor Extra Strong Mints Lola Ford) will be sent to the David Coulthard School of Crashing Into The Pit Wall.

We hope our drivers will be let out of school to drive at Long Beach. See you there!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:19 (Ref:562228)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For slightly delayed release

TEAM DON'TCRASHPAUL BRINGS HOME THE BACON

After a pair of one-two finishes in the first two races of the season, DON'TCRASHPAUL has wooed the heavy hitters in the Panamian Pig Bi-Product Commission, who will lend their support to the team, to be now known as "Aint no fakin bacon racin".

Team Principal Paul Tacy is delighted with the deal, which will provided the team with unlimited pig products, including smoked, glazed, double glazed, and smokey glazed treats.

"This is truely a great day for the catering department," said Tracy.

"A big bonus for fans will be our 'Lard Appreciation Sessions', where fans will be able to chew the fat with the team drivers."

--ends--

For further information, please contact Liza Plenty at ruckmacking@fakinbacon.com.pa