Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Apr 2003, 10:05 (Ref:570928)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Octagon - Oops I mean Brands Hatch

Brands Hatch Circuits Limited announced as new name for Octagon Motorsports UK

14 April 2003

Brands Hatch Circuits Limited was today announced as the new name for Octagon Motorsports UK, a division of the global sports and event marketing company Octagon Group.

The change is being made to eliminate confusion and differentiate the division from other areas of sports marketing covered so successfully by the Octagon Group.

The Octagon Group offers worldwide expertise across eight major sports and event marketing disciplines: athlete representation, event management, consultancy, property representation, TV rights sales and distribution, TV production and archive, interactive and licensing and merchandising. Brands Hatch Circuits Limited focuses purely on motorsport.

The company is keen to confirm that the change of name will not alter the fact that all individual circuits within the group will continue to operate under their own identities.

Managing Director of Brands Hatch Circuits Limited, Andrew Waller, welcomes the change of identity: “The Brands Hatch name is synonymous with British Motorsport. This decision presents an opportunity to demarcate the different offerings of the Octagon Group and the division now named Brands Hatch Circuits Limited.”

- ends -

For further information please contact Rob Allan on 0207 751 2974.

Notes to editors

Although Brands Hatch Circuits Limited has publicly stated it is looking to sell parts of its business, this will not affect the commitments made to the British Grand Prix and a key objective is to complete the development of Silverstone as well as an additional £7.5 million investment programme across the five motor racing circuits.

Brands Hatch Circuits Limited is a leading organiser of numerous international motorsports properties, series and events including the British Touring Car Championship, the British Superbike Championship, the World Superbike, CART and Supersport Championships. The British Grand Prix and attendant lease are held by Interpublic Group (IPG).

Brands Hatch Circuits Limited is responsible for the management of Silverstone (through IPG’s lease from BRDC) in addition to owning and managing four British circuits - Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton.

The corporate and retail divisions of Brands Hatch Circuits Limited offer clients a variety of conference and event facilities, driving experiences, track days and hospitality opportunities at each of the five British circuits.

============================

Those of you accustomed to reading between the lines of statements from the Kremlin will doubtless have fun looking for the nuances of meaning in this.
Regards

Jim
Old 16 Apr 2003, 10:47 (Ref:570963)   #2
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Octagon have ,as you say , been successful in efforts to promote other areas of sport....
Many would say they have not done so well in motor-sport..
Is this an attempt to create a more determined focus on the sport we all know and love or an attempt to distance the parent company should things go wrong with the GP and King Bernie pulls the plug?????
Maybe it's just me being cynical ( think that is how you spell it )....
We will have to wait and see....
Old 16 Apr 2003, 11:56 (Ref:571013)   #3
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd suggest an attempt to distance themselves.

What interests me is that Octagon spent a period of time denying that they had any involvement in BMP (particuarly for the Competition Committeee report I think!), but now claim to be the "leading organiser" of championships that I think were run by BMP. Odd that.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:34 (Ref:571067)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Piglet
What interests me is that Octagon spent a period of time denying that they had any involvement in BMP (particuarly for the Competition Committeee report I think!), but now claim to be the "leading organiser" of championships that I think were run by BMP. Odd that.
Since acquiring the Silverstone lease Octagon has had the majority of voting shares in BMP; however, the Competition Commission report stated that the commission 'believes that Octagon was already in effective control of BMP before the acquisition.'

Last edited by Dave Brand; 16 Apr 2003 at 12:35.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 14:00 (Ref:571171)   #5
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the next stage in their attempt to flog off the company. After all wasn't it called Brands Hatch Leisure when Foulston owned it?
Old 16 Apr 2003, 17:32 (Ref:571357)   #6
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tsk tsk James, you cynical chap that you are....however I do agree with Black x that this appears to put distance between them ready for the partng of the ways. Lets discuss this at Loton this weekend, should keep thee and me amused for hours!
Old 17 Apr 2003, 09:06 (Ref:571903)   #7
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to m8 but I wont be out on the unit untill Prescott..
On holiday over easter......

c u soon tho...
Old 17 Apr 2003, 18:22 (Ref:572321)   #8
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black X, you and the family have a good hol. See you soon mate